Old January 12th 04, 04:15 AM
Len Over 21

In article om, "Dee D.
Flint" writes:

"DeLores Lamb, KD7ZAE" wrote in message
.. .
My question is, if you have elements 1 and 2, even after a year has
passed after taking element 1, do you still have the "novice" HF
privileges of the Tech +HF, or do you have to take element 1 every 365
days to keep the privilege, even if you don't upgrade to General.

Your Novice privileges are good forever so long as you do not let your
license lapse.

Not quite. There will NOT being any renewals of a Novice. Or of
an Advanced class license. NOT after 2010.

As the restructured amateur radio regulations of 2000 are
concerned, the "forever" is going to be over in just about 6 years.

Sic transit gloria mundi.

WMD

Old January 12th 04, 11:24 AM
Notveryfine

Subject: How long is element 1 good for
From: (Len Over 21)
Date: 1/11/04 11:15 PM Eastern Standard Time
In article om, "Dee D.
Flint" writes:

"DeLores Lamb, KD7ZAE" wrote in message
. ..
My question is, if you have elements 1 and 2, even after a year has
passed after taking element 1, do you still have the "novice" HF
privileges of the Tech +HF, or do you have to take element 1 every 365
days to keep the privilege, even if you don't upgrade to General.

Your Novice privileges are good forever so long as you do not let your
license lapse.

Not quite. There will NOT being any renewals of a Novice. Or of
an Advanced class license. NOT after 2010.

Tsk, tsk, tsk, tsk.

Len, you are
completely mistaken.

As the restructured amateur radio regulations of 2000 are
concerned, the "forever" is going to be over in just about 6 years.

How do you know that,
Len? Do you have a
crystal ball that tells
you how the Federal
Communications
Commission will
change the rules in the
future? Because the
current rules do not
support anything you
wrote.

Here are the facts:

1) The Federal
Communications
Commission has
continued to
renew Novice
licenses as Novice
right through the
rules changes of
2000. There are
currently no pending
plans for that to change.

2) The same is true for
Advanced class
licenses being
renewed as Advanced.

3) Novice licenses, current
or expired, convey
Element 1 credit for the
person who earned them.

Len, it appears that you have become
so desperate for attention in this newsgroup
that you will stoop to posting inaccurate,
false and mistaken information just to see
if anyone is still reading your ramblings here.

Poor, poor, misguided baby Len.

The answer is that there are a few who still
read your posts. Many others have killfiled
you because of your behavior.

Most of the time we simply ignore you, Len,
because you're simply not worth our time
or energy. Our reaction to you has moved
from interest, to anger, to disgust, to sadness
and finally to indifference.

I have only bothered to post this reply
because someone might mistakenly
think you know what you are talking
about. You do not know what you are
talking about, and your information
is worthless.

You may claim you were merely making
a prediction, but there is no indication
of that in your post.

Now you can get all upset and SHOUT some
expletives at me. You can rail and fuss and
fume over my being anonymous. You can
clame that your posting was merely "a trap"
and your poor grammar as some sort of
"Proof". You can repeat your mistaken,
incorrect, misleading, false information and
otherwise carry on in typical immature,
spoiled-brat Leonard Anderson fashion.

And even more people will ignore you.

But for the record: You are mistaken.

Sic transit gloria mundi.

WMD

You may call yourself "WMD" but all
you have destroyed is the respect
anyone here ever had for you.

P.S. Don't bother trying to find me. For I am already gone.
Old January 12th 04, 05:04 PM
D. Stussy

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004, DeLores Lamb, KD7ZAE wrote:
Someone is telling me if you pass the 5wpm code test today (element 1)
along with element 2 (or even separately), that the element 1 portion
is only good for 365 days. I have tried to read part 97 but it is
confusing. It used to be that you always kept credit for any element
taken. So in 3 years if you wanted to upgrade to General, your
element 1 and 2 would be good. What's the story?

For upgrade purposes, 365 days, just like any other element credit on a CSCE.

For operational purposes, forever (until the next rules change or you lose the
document and have no proof of ever having passed code).
Old January 12th 04, 09:13 PM
Len Over 21

In article ,
(Notveryfine) writes:

P.S. Don't bother trying to find me. For I am already gone.

Dood, you were GONE before that posting...

Stebe, go get some therapy.

LHA / WMD

Old January 13th 04, 01:21 AM
Dee D. Flint

"Alun" wrote in message

I'm guessing that code CSCEs issued now will turn out to be good until
element 1 is abolished.

73 de Alun, N3KIP

Only if the code requirement is abolished in less than 365 days. Keep in
mind that some of the petitions filed do call for keeping code for General
or Extra while letting the Techs have some limited HF privileges. With the
speed with the FCC is not moving, less than a year from now seems rather
iffy.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old January 13th 04, 12:31 PM
Brian

"Dee D. Flint" wrote in message igy.com...
"Alun" wrote in message

I'm guessing that code CSCEs issued now will turn out to be good until
element 1 is abolished.

73 de Alun, N3KIP

Only if the code requirement is abolished in less than 365 days. Keep in
mind that some of the petitions filed do call for keeping code for General
or Extra while letting the Techs have some limited HF privileges. With the
speed with the FCC is not moving, less than a year from now seems rather
iffy.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Don't forget to factor in the leap year.
Old January 13th 04, 04:28 PM
Carl Zager

"Alun" wrote in message

I'm guessing that code CSCEs issued now will turn out to be good until
element 1 is abolished.

73 de Alun, N3KIP

Only if the code requirement is abolished in less than 365 days. Keep in
mind that some of the petitions filed do call for keeping code for General
or Extra while letting the Techs have some limited HF privileges. With the
speed with the FCC is not moving, less than a year from now seems rather
iffy.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

And ... a code CSCE is only "good" as follows:
1. For upgrade to General, one year. However, once a General, then the
element is part of the General package and allows upgrade to Extra
without the one-year deadline or retaking.
2. Without upgrade to General/Extra, the element allows "Tech Plus"
privileges, which were the bands and frequencies alloted to the Novice
ticket, for as long as the holder remains a Technician.

Carl
Old January 14th 04, 01:17 AM
Dee D. Flint

"Brian" wrote in message
om...
"Dee D. Flint" wrote in message

igy.com...
"Alun" wrote in message

I'm guessing that code CSCEs issued now will turn out to be good until
element 1 is abolished.

73 de Alun, N3KIP

Only if the code requirement is abolished in less than 365 days. Keep

in
mind that some of the petitions filed do call for keeping code for

General
or Extra while letting the Techs have some limited HF privileges. With

the
speed with the FCC is not moving, less than a year from now seems rather
iffy.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Don't forget to factor in the leap year.

Absolutely. The rules say 365 days not 1 year. So if the dates would end
up crossing February in a leap year, the CSCE is good for one day less than
a year.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old January 14th 04, 05:46 AM
Alun

"Dee D. Flint" wrote in
gy.com:

"Alun" wrote in message

I'm guessing that code CSCEs issued now will turn out to be good until
element 1 is abolished.

73 de Alun, N3KIP

Only if the code requirement is abolished in less than 365 days. Keep
in mind that some of the petitions filed do call for keeping code for
General or Extra while letting the Techs have some limited HF
privileges. With the speed with the FCC is not moving, less than a
year from now seems rather iffy.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Well, you'd like to think so, I'm sure.

ARRL you can Kiss my $39.00 a Year Good Bye Vince Fiscus, KB7ADL Policy 32 December 1st 03 06:03 AM
GOOD NEWS-------France heat wave deaths top 14,000 Larry Roll K3LT Policy 3 October 20th 03 02:12 AM
Low reenlistment rate charlesb Policy 54 September 18th 03 01:57 PM
A good wattmeter ? Rick Frazier Equipment 9 September 17th 03 01:02 PM
Tech+ to General upgrade question N2EY Policy 5 July 6th 03 04:43 AM