Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 20th 04, 01:38 AM
Chuck...K1KW

Default Excellent ARRL proposal

This proposal is a good start. However, the ultimate goal should be to
align our privileges with those of the rest of the amateur radio world and
REMOVE all mode restrictions.

CW US operators can operate anywhere in the US bands but US phone is
restricted. A clear case of discrimination, and a "mode-ist" one at that!!
Politically incorrect these days....and a major waste of sprectrum!! (Just
tune the CW bands during any non contest day). A carry over from the olde
days when the ARRL was clearly a CW only group of old buzzards.

I submit that US Extra class licencee's should be allowed to operate phone
anywhere that the rest of the world can. Is that fair??? Or are we still
destined to live in an amateur radio world surpressed by our own government?

Hey...ARRL, WAKE UP!!! If you want to keep the activity up you need to
promote frequencies where we can talk to the rest of the world! How can I
make this any clearer??? And provide incentives to do this!!! An extra
25KHz doesn't make it.

BTW....requiring CW should not be a requirement for HF operation. (Good
move by the ARRL on this with the new Novice proposal) Time to get over
it....and let the rest of the many good people get on the air!!! I say this
from having slaved over getting 20 WPM done to pass my Extra test (for those
measly 25 KHz of phone) and I rarely have used code since. So......don't
deny folks from HF just because code is "your favorite mode" and you are
proud that you have no microphone in your shack.....

73,
Chuck...K1KW