Old February 13th 04, 05:22 AM
JJ

Default Pirate shortwave station on 75 meters.

Picked this up on the shortwave group. Looks like the 14th might be a
good time to fire up on the upper end of 75 and protect our frequencies.

**Saturday februari 14 at 19.00 hours UTC (gmt) the brand new offshore
radio station RADIO RAINBOW INTERNATIONAL is expecting to have its
first official TEST TRANSMISSION from international waters
between the frequency of 3933 - 3937 khz, is 3.933 - 3.937 mhz. in the
76 meter band.
The stations technicians want to have listeners reports from
listeners. It will be a live program from the radio ship with
acquaintance with ship and crew. They are asking to sent your e mails
directly to the ship on this adress;
Following evenings there will be more test transmissions with nice
music programs, in which you can participate by sending a e mail
during the programs.
Please sent this mail to the press and all interested people.
The message came from
**************************RADIO RAINBOW INTERNATIONAL, THE VOICE OF
PEACE************************

Old February 13th 04, 03:22 PM
Chuck...K1KW

Looks like this may only be heard in Europe if it is
still off the East coast of Ireland. See:
http://homepage.tinet.ie/~kieranmurr...s/rainbow2.htm

Old February 13th 04, 04:53 PM
Manitoumagic

....Looks like the 14th might be a
good time to fire up on the upper end of 75 and protect our frequencies.

**Saturday februari 14 at 19.00 hours UTC RADIO RAINBOW INTERNATIONAL is
TESTING TRANSMISSION
between the frequency of 3933 - 3937khz

1900Z eh?... I doubt 75m propogation at 2pm on the East Coast will allow any US
stations to even hear the broadcast, let alone QRM it.
Old February 13th 04, 04:57 PM
JJ

Manitoumagic wrote:
....Looks like the 14th might be a
good time to fire up on the upper end of 75 and protect our frequencies.

**Saturday februari 14 at 19.00 hours UTC RADIO RAINBOW INTERNATIONAL is
TESTING TRANSMISSION
between the frequency of 3933 - 3937khz

1900Z eh?... I doubt 75m propogation at 2pm on the East Coast will allow any US
stations to even hear the broadcast, let alone QRM it.

Do you think only American hams have access to this group?

Old February 13th 04, 05:10 PM
Dave Heil

JJ wrote:

Manitoumagic wrote:
....Looks like the 14th might be a
good time to fire up on the upper end of 75 and protect our frequencies.

**Saturday februari 14 at 19.00 hours UTC RADIO RAINBOW INTERNATIONAL is
TESTING TRANSMISSION
between the frequency of 3933 - 3937khz

1900Z eh?... I doubt 75m propogation at 2pm on the East Coast will allow any US
stations to even hear the broadcast, let alone QRM it.

Do you think only American hams have access to this group?

While it is true that there are others not in North America who have
access to this group, remember that the EU amateurs don't have access to
3.933 MHz. The band stops for them at 3.800.

Dave K8MN

Old February 13th 04, 05:15 PM
Helmut

"Dave Heil" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

JJ wrote:

Manitoumagic wrote:
....Looks like the 14th might be a
good time to fire up on the upper end of 75 and protect our

frequencies.

**Saturday februari 14 at 19.00 hours UTC RADIO RAINBOW INTERNATIONAL

is
TESTING TRANSMISSION
between the frequency of 3933 - 3937khz

1900Z eh?... I doubt 75m propogation at 2pm on the East Coast will

allow any US
stations to even hear the broadcast, let alone QRM it.

Do you think only American hams have access to this group?

While it is true that there are others not in North America who have
access to this group, remember that the EU amateurs don't have access to
3.933 MHz. The band stops for them at 3.800.

Dave K8MN

Yup, that's your baby!
But you will never hear it cry!

73 de OE8SOQ
Helmut

Old February 13th 04, 07:41 PM
Dave Heil

JJ wrote:

Manitoumagic wrote:
....Looks like the 14th might be a
good time to fire up on the upper end of 75 and protect our

frequencies.

**Saturday februari 14 at 19.00 hours UTC RADIO RAINBOW INTERNATIONAL

is
TESTING TRANSMISSION
between the frequency of 3933 - 3937khz

1900Z eh?... I doubt 75m propogation at 2pm on the East Coast will

allow any US
stations to even hear the broadcast, let alone QRM it.

Do you think only American hams have access to this group?

While it is true that there are others not in North America who have
access to this group, remember that the EU amateurs don't have access to
3.933 MHz. The band stops for them at 3.800.

Dave K8MN

Yup, that's your baby!
But you will never hear it cry!

I have no idea what that is supposed to mean. Perhaps you meant, "Those
tomatoes won't be ripe until June" or "Brian sees Dave behind every tree
and rock".

Dave K8MN