Old March 1st 04, 01:00 AM
Mike Coslo

Helmut wrote:

Hey, Mike, its funny, isn't it?

Actually it is!

"Mike Coslo" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
| Helmut wrote:
|
| [trans] didn't you notice , that ALMOST all posters are idiots here in
this
| group, did you?[trans end]
|

| For what it's worth, Helmut, I translated it as *All* the posters are
| idiots in this group.

Sometimes, one word miss is all miss. And as the word "fast" [almost] is
also an english word, it is even more difficult.

| Of course your German is much better than mine! ;^)

I've tried to learn now for almost 52 years, and never will be perfect.

| For that matter your English may be also,

I try hard not to misspell.

| but the difference does make a big difference
| in how we react.
|
| After all when you say "almost all", that leaves everyone to thik that
| "ahh, he doesn't think *I'm* an idiot! 8^)

I never would dare to accuse the whole holy amateur radio newsgroup

Actually, most all the people in here are okay IMO. Some of us have an
unusual take on things, and we're all kind of fiesty, but I would enjoy
meeting any of them over a beer. That's the spectrum from Len to Larry.

Mike, for a non-native german speaker it is not easy, to catch the "little"
differences. German is accused to be one of the most difficult languages to
learn, at least here in Europe.

I believe it. My xyl makes fun of the way I even try to pronounce the
language (very, very poorly and apparently amusing). So I seldom try.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old March 1st 04, 06:55 AM
Helmut

"Mike Coslo" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
| Helmut wrote:
|
| Hey, Mike, its funny, isn't it?
|
| Actually it is!
|
| "Mike Coslo" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
| | Helmut wrote:
| |
| | [trans] didn't you notice , that ALMOST all posters are idiots here
in
| this
| | group, did you?[trans end]
| |
| |
| | For what it's worth, Helmut, I translated it as *All* the posters are
| | idiots in this group.
|
| Sometimes, one word miss is all miss. And as the word "fast" [almost] is
| also an english word, it is even more difficult.

| |
| | Of course your German is much better than mine! ;^)
|
| I've tried to learn now for almost 52 years, and never will be perfect.
|
| | For that matter your English may be also,
|
| I try hard not to misspell.
|
| | but the difference does make a big difference
| | in how we react.
| |
| | After all when you say "almost all", that leaves everyone to thik that
| | "ahh, he doesn't think *I'm* an idiot! 8^)
|
| I never would dare to accuse the whole holy amateur radio newsgroup
|
| Actually, most all the people in here are okay IMO. Some of us have an
| unusual take on things, and we're all kind of fiesty, but I would enjoy
| meeting any of them over a beer. That's the spectrum from Len to Larry.

Is this what they call SPREAD SPECTRUM?

| Mike, for a non-native german speaker it is not easy, to catch the
"little"
| differences. German is accused to be one of the most difficult languages
| learn, at least here in Europe.
|
| I believe it. My xyl makes fun of the way I even try to pronounce the
| language (very, very poorly and apparently amusing). So I seldom try.
|
| - Mike KB3EIA -

Austria terminates BPL test Mike Coslo Policy 0 January 10th 04 02:44 PM
Austria? Alun Palmer Policy 0 August 13th 03 05:52 AM
Austria: Nocode LIS from Sept? Ralph Aichinger Policy 0 August 12th 03 07:34 PM