Old April 18th 04, 05:45 PM
Dee D. Flint

"Bill Sohl" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Dee D. Flint" wrote in message

"Bill Sohl" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message
Jason Hsu wrote:
Is the No-Code Technician license THAT hard to get? During the

years
when both the Novice and No-Code Technician licenses were

available
for new hams, the new hams (including myself) overwhelmingly chose

the
No-Code Technician.

Not difficult at all. Many people have taken and passed the test. I
can't think of any good arguments for reducing it.

Think of a very basic entry level that more than just extraordinary
bright kids can take and pass.

In one of my recent classes, I had an 8 year old boy of ordinary grades

and
ordinary intelligence take and pass the Technician. Sorry but the test

does
NOT need to be easier. He made it on the second try. This is no worse

than
many adults.

If it was that easy, why two tries before passing...and what
was his passing score when he did?

Cheers,
Bill K2UNK

Because he didn't get serious about studying until after he failed it once.
It is not possible to make a test simple enough to always pass on the first
try without seriously compromising the test.

I did not note was his score was as the important point was that he passed.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old April 18th 04, 11:16 PM
William

"Dee D. Flint" wrote in message ...
"Bill Sohl" wrote in message
ink.net...

If it was that easy, why two tries before passing...and what
was his passing score when he did?

Cheers,
Bill K2UNK

Because he didn't get serious about studying until after he failed it once.
It is not possible to make a test simple enough to always pass on the first
try without seriously compromising the test.

I did not note was his score was as the important point was that he passed.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Wonder when he'll put up a 60' tower and tribander?
Old April 19th 04, 12:15 AM
Mike Coslo

Dee D. Flint wrote:
"Bill Sohl" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Dee D. Flint" wrote in message

"Bill Sohl" wrote in message
thlink.net...

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message

Jason Hsu wrote:

[...]

I really don't think we want to go down the path of ensuring universal
passage in one test, do we?

- Mike KB3EIA -

Do we really need a new Novice class? Jason Hsu Policy 5 January 28th 04 12:55 AM
Low reenlistment rate charlesb Policy 54 September 18th 03 01:57 PM
There is no International Code Requirement and techs can operate HF according to FCC Rules JJ General 159 August 12th 03 12:25 AM
ATTN: Tech Licensee USA Morse Code Freedom Day is August 1st Dwight Stewart Policy 300 August 12th 03 12:25 AM
Hey CBers Help Get rid of Morse Code Test and Requirement Scott Unit 69 Policy 9 August 1st 03 02:08 AM