Old May 3rd 04, 10:49 PM
KØHB

"N2EY" wrote

I wonder if my comments were commented on. I wonder if I was referred
to as "Mr."....

Yes, your comments were commented on.

You were simply called "Miccolis", without the appellation (or is that
Appalachian?) "Mr."

The citizen commented that "There is a decided ignorance of the tasks of
other radio service operators displayed by Miccolis." and "Miccolis'
remarks must be taken as due to his ignorance of the radio world outside
amateurism."

And your FCC submittal "has a number of errors and disconnections which
require correction." Please see to that at your earliest convenience.

Further, your comments were "a decided insult to the broadcasting
industry, civil aviation, maritime world, and all of those services
which enable constant communications by means of radio." Would you
please make it a point to apologize to those good folks as soon as
practicable?

73, de Hans, K0HB

Old May 4th 04, 01:45 AM
Mike Coslo

KØHB wrote:

This citizen has singled out to the FCC the comments of several other
citizens as innapropriate and/or misdirected,

Hey Hans.

I went through and read the comments from the good poster, and I am
amazed that the perp would treat the public comments as he would the
newsgroup - that is to attack those he disagrees with.

In the comments even more than in the newsgroup, it is imperitive that
the attacking comments be given the respect they deserve, and utterly no
reply from those attacked.

To do otherwise is to invite the inclusion of your comments with his,
and having what may be a reasoned assessment look like one of the
strange little brawls that is the embarrassment of the ARS.

The public comment forums are just that. He is welcome to make all the
personal attacks he sees fit, and the F.C.C. will just eventually
consider the source.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old May 4th 04, 02:11 AM
Mike Coslo

N2EY wrote:

"KØHB" wrote in message link.net...

"N2EY" wrote

Who is this individual? Does he have a name? An amateur radio
callsign?

The name of the citizen is not important (and I didn't say it was a
"he").

I think you indicated that the citizen is a male, Hans. From your post
that originated this thread:

"at least one citizen seems to have set himself up as the
judge"

and

"sample of his attempts to choose"

That's why I thought the citizen was a he.

It only takes about 3-4 minutes to find out who the citizen *is*!

Snip

In any event, I say let the comments speak for themselves.

Which they do indeed.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old May 4th 04, 03:18 AM
Dave Heil

"KØHB" wrote:

[...]

I didn't need to go play along this far to find the answer. I went to
the comments page, typed in one name in the search field and had the
answer in four or five minutes. The comments were what I expected.

Dave K8MN
Old May 4th 04, 04:26 AM
Phil Kane

On Mon, 03 May 2004 13:21:52 GMT, KØHB wrote:

I just thought it presumptous for that to tell the FCC that other
citizens comments were innapropriate.

"Other citizens comments were innapropriate and unfounded and etc.
etc." is a typical attack by litigators who don't have any ammunition
in their gun or any skill in gently demolishing the opposition. I've
been the "honoree" of such attacks in several proceedings, but I
refuse to reply in kind. I know better.

--
73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane

Old May 5th 04, 12:02 AM
N2EY

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
"KØHB" wrote:

"N2EY" wrote

I wonder if my comments were commented on. I wonder if I was referred
to as "Mr."....

Yes, your comments were commented on.

That's hardly surprising.

You were simply called "Miccolis", without the appellation (or is that
Appalachian?) "Mr."

Indeed.

The citizen commented that "There is a decided ignorance of the tasks of
other radio service operators displayed by Miccolis." and "Miccolis'
remarks must be taken as due to his ignorance of the radio world outside
amateurism."

And your FCC submittal "has a number of errors and disconnections which
require correction." Please see to that at your earliest convenience.

How can I, if the "errors and disconnections" are not explained?

Further, your comments were "a decided insult to the broadcasting
industry, civil aviation, maritime world, and all of those services
which enable constant communications by means of radio." Would you
please make it a point to apologize to those good folks as soon as
practicable?

Dear me, I managed to do all that in a few paragraphs of comments? All
I did was say that I'm against some parts of the various proposals and
in favor of other parts.

73, de Hans, K0HB

I didn't need to go play along this far to find the answer. I went to
the comments page, typed in one name in the search field and had the
answer in four or five minutes. The comments were what I expected.

Well, it was never my intention to insult anyone or any industry with
my comments on the requirements for an amateur radio license.

So let me ask those who have read my comments to the FCC on the
various restructuring proposals (most recently RM-10867, -10868 and
10870):

Are *you* insulted by anything in my comments? I'm not asking that you
agree with them, just if you find yourself insulted by my comments to
FCC.

73 de Jim, N2EY
Old May 5th 04, 04:45 AM
Dave Heil

N2EY wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
"KØHB" wrote:

[...]

I wasn't insulted by anything in your comments but I'm a radio amateur.
If I was a total outsider, the type who might be miffed because mere
radio amateurs didn't show me the deference I thought I was owed, given
my PROFESSIONAL standing, I might have taken umbrage to your comments.

Dave K8MN
Old May 5th 04, 05:15 PM
N2EY

Dave Heil wrote in message ...

I wasn't insulted by anything in your comments but I'm a radio amateur.
If I was a total outsider, the type who might be miffed because mere
radio amateurs didn't show me the deference I thought I was owed, given
my PROFESSIONAL standing, I might have taken umbrage to your comments.

Aren't/weren't you also a "professional in radio", Dave?

73 de Jim, N2EY
Old May 5th 04, 06:02 PM
Dave Heil

N2EY wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message ...

I wasn't insulted by anything in your comments but I'm a radio amateur.
If I was a total outsider, the type who might be miffed because mere
radio amateurs didn't show me the deference I thought I was owed, given
my PROFESSIONAL standing, I might have taken umbrage to your comments.

Aren't/weren't you also a "professional in radio", Dave?

I certainly was but I left all the *PROFESSIONAL* baggage behind several
years ago. Now I'm simply a radio amateur. I do feel quite qualified
to comment on matters relating to amateur radio regulation. Like you,
I'm an active participant in amateur radio.

Dave K8MN
Old May 5th 04, 09:24 PM
Mike Coslo

N2EY wrote:
Dave Heil wrote in message ...

"KØHB" wrote:

[...]

For cryin' out loud, Jim!
The short answer is no.

The liddle bit longer answer is - to my knowledge, you have never
stooped to insulting anyone here.

The longer answer is that we are talking about a person that calls you
"The Reverend Jim", calls me a hockey puck, calls Dave various
disparaging names dealing with German heritage, suggests that people
that disagree with him get mental counseling or that they appear to have
a drinking problem - and those are the ones I can think of offhand.

My point is that he knows full well what insulting is, and insulting is
what you isn't.

Shame on ya for even asking the question, and giving the accusation
even a bit of credence! 8^)

- Mike KB3EIA -

New ARRL Proposal N2EY Policy 331 March 4th 04 12:02 AM
30 Steps for all New Hams WA8ULX Policy 16 August 31st 03 03:19 PM