Old May 29th 04, 09:17 AM
Steve Robeson K4CAP

Subject: CW Testing Question
From: Radio Amateur KC2HMZ
Date: 5/28/2004 8:34 PM Central Standard Time
On 28 May 2004 19:35:45 GMT,
(Steve Robeson K4CAP) wrote:

Although not a regular in this forum (any more, any way) John is well
known in various CB radio and scanner NG's, usually for his overwhelming

desire
to be king of the hill and lack of regard for how he gets there.

Various? There is only one CB newsgroup, rec.radio.cb - and if I'm
well-known there it's because of telling certain regulars there what I
thought of their blatant disregard for Part 95.

I think it has more to do with the manner in which you tell them...Much in
the same way Lennie the Lame tries to lambaste Amateurs.

Any of the folks in the scanner newsgroups who know me, know me from
material published in Popular Communications, or from when I was a
member of NYSING, or both.

Yes. Your reputation preceeds you.

His "debating" techniques have cost him a couple of ISP's, I

understand,
and got him in trouble with local law enforcement.

That what KF2TI told you? That's bull. I've never had an account
yanked by an ISP, nor had any trouble with local law enforcement. On
the other hand, I've been known to work *with* local law enforcement
on occasion.

Allowing them to practice search and seizure techniques or proper
handcuffing...?!?!

He was also listowner of a
fairly well populated Yahoo group that went ka-put due to his escapades.

At the time I owned it, it was not a Yahoo group, it was a onelist.com
group, and it did not go kaput - it became a Yahoo group when
onelist.com and Yahoo merged, and it still exists - the current list
owner is Al Stern of Satellite Beach, Florida who is an old buddy of
mine from the #monitor channel on IRCNet.

he only reason you're ****ed about all of this is that I refused to
let you and KF2TI join that list, which I did because after observing
your antics in rec.radio.amateur.policy - particularly your penchant
for trading personal attacks with Len Anderson and others in this NG,
which has been going on for years now - I decided I did not want
people of your ilk polluting the Radiomonitors list.

Actually, if you were honest (and why start now, John...?!?!) I was already
a "member" of your OneList (later YahooGroup) list and you deleted my
membership as a reprecussion of THIS newsgroup...NOT anything that was said in
the other. As a matter of fact, I received several e mails from others of the
scanner list which stated that exercising your "clout" in such a manner is
routine.

Guess they knew you pretty well...eh?

Unless the archives have been deleted (which can be done with YahooGroups)
I imagine what few exchanges that ever transpired are still there.

As you can see, Dee, he's got a bit of the same "See, I Know More Than
You" streak in him that Lennie has...

If you wish to draw that conclusion based on the fact that I responded
to a request for information by posting information, it's no skin off
my fanny, Steve. Besides, somebody in this NG has to post something
besides personal attacks on other users, or the whole NG will consist
of nothing but half a dozen trolls such as yourself, and the hobby
deserves better than that.

If this newsgroup actually DID do anything about Amateur Radio's policies,
John, you might be right. Several of us have submitted occassional comments to
FCC NPRMs, etc, but nothing as a group, and certainly not as the result of any
concerted, responsible effort.

As for "personal attacks", well, you've got a long history of that,
predating anything I have ever said or done in this forum. Please don't be shy
about taking a bow when it's due, John.

And now that you're back with us, it a half dozen plus one.

Welcome back, John. Worn out your welcome elsewhere again...?!?!

Actually, I just switched to a different ISP, which has an NNTP
server, among other things that my old ISP did not (the old one was a
dialup and an e-mail account, period).

Well...Welcome back.

Steve, K4YZ

Why You Don't Like The ARRL Louis C. LeVine Policy 803 January 23rd 04 01:12 AM
S band antenna testing Allan Butler Antenna 4 December 21st 03 07:26 PM
My response to Jim Wiley, KL7CC Brian Policy 3 October 24th 03 12:02 AM
Low reenlistment rate charlesb Policy 54 September 18th 03 01:57 PM
BPL Video On-Line JJ Policy 31 August 17th 03 09:12 PM