Old June 9th 04, 06:47 PM
ka9tgn

Default Net Control Policy

Just a curious question. During public service events is it manatory
the net control keep logs? I myself keep logs as it is very helpful
during the event to know what has transpired. But was wondering if
this an FCC requirement? Some of other net controls I know do not
keep logs.

Thanks
Mike
KA9TGN
Old June 9th 04, 06:54 PM
Dee D. Flint

"ka9tgn" wrote in message
om...
Just a curious question. During public service events is it manatory
the net control keep logs? I myself keep logs as it is very helpful
during the event to know what has transpired. But was wondering if
this an FCC requirement? Some of other net controls I know do not
keep logs.

Thanks
Mike
KA9TGN

No there is no logging requirement. However many people do prefer to do so.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old June 9th 04, 07:02 PM
Keyboard In The Noise

Read Part 97 of FCC rules for your answer
http://www.arrl.org/FandES/field/reg...s/news/part97/

--
Keyboard In The Noise

Opinions are the cheapest commodities in the world. Author unknown but
om...

Old June 11th 04, 10:17 PM
Ryan, KC8PMX

Actually during a public service event or an actual emergency event, keeping
some form of log or at least a "message log" is actually a good idea. If
there is some type of problem discovered later on, at least having a record
of what occurred can possibly help to save the proverbial posterior....

Keeping a personal log is not required anymore, but can serve to help in
some regards. I only log now new contacts/first time contacts. If I kept a
log for each contact, regardless of how many times I chatted with each
person, I would be killing a ton of trees.

Ryan KC8PMX

"Dee D. Flint" wrote in message
news

om...