Old June 28th 04, 05:27 PM
Da Shadow

Default Field Day Results

Our GOTA station managed 220 QSO's for 271 points -- no biggie -- but all
ops were inexperienced non HFers including several kids and "civilians"

Also our GOTA had 44 PSK31 QSO's
The rest were Phone on 40M, 20M, and 15M

We built a 32 foot vertical with four elavated radials -- worked back to the
east coast on 40M and used it as a 3/4 vertical on 15M
Vertical radiator was three swimming pool poles held together with hose
clamps.
20M antenna was a Cushcraft R8. 10M was zilch out here in the west

One of the main stations worked over 70 6M QSO's

Other main stations are being tallied
although I heard one CW station was at the 980 QSO point

Located at an EOC in Carlsbad Ca

Thanks to all for the advice on PSK31 FD operation and to Mike for the "No
VHF at the GOTA" input

We gave our 6M antenna to a main VHF station.

--
Lamont Cranston

The Shadow Knows

Old June 30th 04, 02:25 AM
Mike Coslo

Da Shadow wrote:

Our GOTA station managed 220 QSO's for 271 points -- no biggie -- but all
ops were inexperienced non HFers including several kids and "civilians"

Also our GOTA had 44 PSK31 QSO's
The rest were Phone on 40M, 20M, and 15M

That's a successful GOTA station, Lamont. One of the fellows I work
with cam out to operate this weekend. He is an inactive ham. He was
intrigued by the PSK setup on GOTA, and I told him about setting up a
station. I saw him today at the University salvage operatin here on
campus. He told me he was bit by the bug, is purchasing an HF rig, and
was looking at and probably going to buy one of their old laptops to
use to drive it. This is the second inactive ham that I've worked back
into the fold with the GOTA station. I'll probably drop a note to ARRL.
The concept is sound.

We built a 32 foot vertical with four elavated radials -- worked back to the
east coast on 40M and used it as a 3/4 vertical on 15M
Vertical radiator was three swimming pool poles held together with hose
clamps.
20M antenna was a Cushcraft R8. 10M was zilch out here in the west

One of the main stations worked over 70 6M QSO's

Other main stations are being tallied
although I heard one CW station was at the 980 QSO point

Located at an EOC in Carlsbad Ca

Thanks to all for the advice on PSK31 FD operation and to Mike for the "No
VHF at the GOTA" input

We gave our 6M antenna to a main VHF station.

Sounds like a good and enjoyable effort.

- Mike KB3EIA -