Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 3rd 04, 05:09 AM
Dave Bushong

Default Offensive? (was: UPLC on BPL: ignore armchair amateurs who stilluse vacuum tube transmitters)

Chris wrote:

The United Power Line Council (UPLC) just blew the ARRL's comments to
the FCC out of the water. No wonder the Chairman of the FCC sees hams
as "throwbacks to an earlier age." Read the UPLC comments at

http://tinyurl.com/yqxbh

This (the link) is the most offensive thing I have ever seen towards ham
radio in my 34 years as a ham. Thank to Chris for printing the URL.

To me, it equates to someone standing on the ruins of the WTC on Sept
12th, and flipping the bird to ham radio.

Sept 12th is important because by then, ham operators had already put in
24 hours of non-stop, volunteer, world-class operation.

Anyone who says differently about ham radio, GFY.

kz1o