Old July 5th 04, 07:36 AM
Wayne Johnson

On Mon, 5 Jul 2004 01:45:42 -0400, "Top Dog"
wrote:

CB amps. have always been legal.....Everyone is confused, because
ham radio amps. have always been illegal.

Mutt

http://www.intrex.net/walker/fccf.html#639

Sec. 95.639 Maximum transmitter power.

(c) No CB transmitter, under any condition of modulation, shall
exceed:
(1) 4 W Carrier power when transmitting emission type A1D or A3E;
(2) 12 W peak envelope TP when transmitting emission type H1D, J1D,
R1D, H3E, J3E or R3E. Each CB transmitter which transmits emission
type H3E, J3E or R3E must automatically prevent the TP from exceeding
12 W peak envelope TP or the manufacturer's rated peak envelope TP,
whichever is less.

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."
- last words of Pancho Villa (1877-1923)
Old July 5th 04, 03:01 PM
Wayne Johnson

On Mon, 5 Jul 2004 08:55:53 -0400, "Top Dog"
wrote:

Nice forgery Putz! Still doesn't change the fact amps. are illegal
for hams but legal on CB.

What are you talking about? I merely cited the FCC regulation. What
"forgery"?

-Wayne

Old July 5th 04, 03:02 PM
Wayne Johnson

On Mon, 5 Jul 2004 09:02:39 -0400, "Top Dog"
wrote:

Correct version restored.

Sec. 97.639 Maximum transmitter power.

(c) No Amateur Radio transmitter, under any condition of modulation, shall
exceed:
(1) 4 W Carrier power when transmitting emission type A1D or A3E;
(2) 12 W peak envelope TP when transmitting emission type H1D, J1D,
R1D, H3E, J3E or R3E. Each Amateur Radio transmitter which transmits

emission
type H3E, J3E or R3E must automatically prevent the TP from exceeding
12 W peak envelope TP or the manufacturer's rated peak envelope TP,
whichever is less.

Weird. That's exactly what I posted. Is there some kind of problem
with that?

-Wayne

Old July 5th 04, 03:09 PM
whoever

Almost the same Wayne

(c) No Amateur Radio transmitter

He changed CB transmitter to read Amateur Radio transmitter
He's just playing you!

Old July 5th 04, 03:26 PM
TBone

"Top Dog" wrote in message
Nice forgery Putz! Still doesn't change the fact amps. are illegal
for hams but legal on CB.

What a load of ****. Since when were amps illegal for Hams? Linears are
now and always have been illegal for CB's which would make sense since CB is
defined as a SHORT RANGE communication device only.

Old July 5th 04, 03:28 PM
TBone

wrote:

Nice forgery Putz! Still doesn't change the fact amps. are illegal
for hams but legal on CB.

What are you talking about? I merely cited the FCC regulation. What
"forgery"?

The guy is just an idiot trying to start a flame war. It is best to just
ignore him.