Old July 5th 04, 02:45 PM
Dee D. Flint

Default Ham Radio Club Requirements

"Nathan C Young" wrote in message
If I have a commercial license and work in broadcasting, would
I still be allowed to attend a ham radio club meeting? Would I be
accepted as a fellow radio brother?

Thanks,

NCY

In any good club, YES. We have members in our club who have no license of
any kind. They just like to be involved in the club and see the
presentations. Anyone who has any interest in ham radio is welcomed.
However, expect them to encourage you to get an amateur license too.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old July 5th 04, 10:42 PM
William

"Nathan C Young" wrote in message ...
If I have a commercial license and work in broadcasting, would
I still be allowed to attend a ham radio club meeting? Would I be
accepted as a fellow radio brother?

Thanks,

NCY

I would like to think so, but...

Do you also have an amateur license?

Just kidding - that only matters here on RRAP, not at club meetings.
Old July 5th 04, 11:47 PM
Da Shadow

Many clubs I know of -- welcome visitors and most have associate memberships
for non-hams -- ask the club you are interested in.

--
Lamont Cranston

The Shadow Knows

Old July 8th 04, 06:53 AM
D. Stussy

On Mon, 5 Jul 2004, Nathan C Young wrote:
If I have a commercial license and work in broadcasting, would
I still be allowed to attend a ham radio club meeting? Would I be
accepted as a fellow radio brother?

It will depend on the club and their bylaws.

In the clubs I belong to, one must either possess a valid amateur radio license
or, for one of them, be an immediate family member of a licensee (usually a
spouse or child) who is himself a member, in order to be a MEMBER of the club.
Unlicensed guests of all sorts are welcome to attend meetings and such for the
purpose of deciding if they want to get a license.
Old July 9th 04, 08:18 PM
Dee D. Flint

"D. Stussy" wrote in message
g...
On Mon, 5 Jul 2004, Nathan C Young wrote:
If I have a commercial license and work in broadcasting, would
I still be allowed to attend a ham radio club meeting? Would I be
accepted as a fellow radio brother?

It will depend on the club and their bylaws.

In the clubs I belong to, one must either possess a valid amateur radio

license
or, for one of them, be an immediate family member of a licensee (usually

spouse or child) who is himself a member, in order to be a MEMBER of the

club.
Unlicensed guests of all sorts are welcome to attend meetings and such for

the
purpose of deciding if they want to get a license.

In our club, anyone with an interest in the subject of amateur radio can be
a member, licensed or not. We have at least two unlicensed club members who
come to the club meetings regularly for the sake of the presentations we
have at each meeting.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE