Old August 10th 04, 01:28 PM
William

(Len Over 21) wrote in message ...
In article ,
(William) writes:

(Len Over 21) wrote in message
In article , Leo

writes:

On 07 Aug 2004 19:53:25 GMT,
(Len Over 21) wrote:

I think it was cute that Kellie gave up front porch prom night fun
to rush, rush home to fire up his rig and work the UK instead.

It shows were some priorities lie. :-)

What's the Church of St. Hiram's ruling on THAT, Rev. Jim?

Perhaps it's just me, but I would have been inclined to work the date,
and forgo CW for the evening....ham radio is fun, but hey!......

"Work the date?" Odd phrasing, Leo... :-)

Some of these PCTA seem to have never heard that popular
phrase among young people, "Off like a prom dress!" :-)

But, if one really, Really, REALLY loves "CW" more than anything
else, I suppose it is understandable...but it boggles the mind just
trying to envision it...

LHA / WMD

While writing a monthly weather review for a forward location in the
ROK, I manage to work the following phrase into my report.

"The visibility was up and down like a new bride's pajamas."

So, either no one was reading the reports, or they were somewhat
amused and let it go.

Heh heh. The humor of it failed to "earn respect" from our
resident angryperson. :-)

I'm not suprised. Nothing he does suprises me anymore. It still
scares me, though.

Back when I was in class for my private pilot's license, the
instructor was explaining about old CAA weather reports and
how they were sent every half hour. If there was significant
change in the local weather, a new report would be put on the
TTY tape in between scheduled times. One morning Santa
Barbara (along the coast) was experiencing fog that came and
went many times during several hours. SBA reports were
frequent that morning, three times normal. Finally, the last
TTY read, "The fog she comes in, the fog she goes out."

Instructor had a very beat-up, taped-together printout of the
TTY loop and showed the class. :-)

LHA / WMD

Ha! Good one. Some of that stuff is priceless.

Under basic weather watch, a "Record" observation is required on or
about the hour and to be transmitted longline. After the hourly
record observation, a check on the weather is required every 20
minutes. Changes meeting certain criterion require a "Special"
observation to be transmitted lognline. Smaller changes meeting
"local" requirements are to be sent locally only. FMH1-b covers
weather observations.

When a weather forcaster finds themselves amending their forecast with
every observation, it is known as "chasing observations." No skill
required.

I've seen some interesting PIREPs as well. They get a little out of
control on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve.
Old August 10th 04, 04:45 PM
Dave Heil

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , Mike Coslo writes:

Len Over 21 wrote:
In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

No, Mike. You've gone over to the dark side of the force. You've kept

silent
on the insulting behavior of these U.S. radio amateur "extras" and then
tried to encourage turning this newsgroup into a private little Chat

Room.

I keep quiet on all sorts of insulting behavior. I'm not here to
comment on others insulting behavior.

So...you condone it by not commenting.

I don't recall you making any comments regarding the Killing Fields of
Cambodia. By your logic, you condone what was done.

You like the image that some extras display worldwide in here?

What's it to you, Leonard. How are you involved in amateur radio? Do
you like the image that you convey here?

I'm putting you down on the PCTA self-righteousness group...on
the basis of your subject postings. Have fun! :-)

I've been a PCTA for a long time.

No one is perfect.

You're coming awfully close, Leonard. A little cosmetic surgery on your
posterior should do the trick.

Putting me down as self righteous? You can do that if you wish. You
seem to have a thing about labels.

No, I'll take that back. You are very busy trying to excuse yourself from
any "conflict" in here, trying to run down the very middle of the road.

In a way, that is a form of self-righteousness...that of being so
"important"
that you won't Get Involved in any conflicts (you are "above" that).

Talk about someone being self-righteous, Len! You're in no way involved
in amateur radio, yet you claim that radio amateurs and those who
regulate them should come around to your way of thinking on how amateur
radio should best be regulated.

It
also
means that you don't care for anyone else, especially newcomers, since
newcomers will be the most affected by any morse code test. You can
think nobly and loftily because YOU made it and can then sit back and
laugh at all the disputes. You've got yours and to heck with all the
others.

How right you are, Leonard. Newcomers will have to pass their exams,
much in the same way that any of us who hold an amateur radio license
studied for, took and passed exams. I can sit back and laugh at your
antics because you've not taken one step toward obtaining such a
license. If you are interested enough in amateur radio, you'll get the
license. If not, who cares?

You can pontificate here forever, supported by your little electrolyte
in Ohio.

Dave K8MN
Old August 11th 04, 01:46 PM
William

(Len Over 21) wrote in message ...
In article , Dave Heil retired oberst in das
Amatur Schutz Staffel writes:

You're in no way involved
in amateur radio, yet you claim that radio amateurs and those who
regulate them should come around to your way of thinking on how amateur
radio should best be regulated.

Poor baby. Feeling a chill from the possibility that FCC might
change regulations and remove your brag raison d'etre about
mighty macho morsemanship and amateurism?

You are snarling (with fear) in the dark of the graveyard, robust
oberst.

You do NOT enforce any regulations. You do NOT make any
regulations. Quit trying to pretend you are some kind of
"official authority" on who can do what. It looks so silly...like
some schoolyard bully trying to "enforce" his way of thinking
on all the kids...

You do NOT present a pleasant picture of U.S. amateur radio,
trying to "enforce" it like it was some kind of national service
rather than a fun hobby. You aren't "leader" and the hobby isn't
some paramilitary "service" of macho fighting men.

Give up the territorial imperative of MAKING all others Do As
You Did...just because You Did It. You don't own that right.
You don't even have that right.

The rest of us citizens enjoy the freedom to comment on federal
regulations and - AMAZINGLY - the power to petition for changes
in them! Sunnuvagun! How about that?

Why are you so bloody insistent on trying to withhold that RIGHT
from your fellow citizens?

Say goodnight, Davie.

LHA / WMD

Len, you must not, you cannot hold an opinion about amateur radio
because you hold no amateur license (shure). Furthermore, this
apparently isn't America anymore. You must not, you cannot voice
those opinions in a forum that is supposed to be for amateur radio
policy discussion. Shame on you. What were you thinking?

I'm thinking that Dave is a crank and a kook.

Old August 11th 04, 08:59 PM
Len Over 21

In article ,
(William) writes:

(Len Over 21) wrote in message
[...]

Must have lost it when entering this din of inequity. Mea culpa!

I'm thinking that Dave is a crank and a kook.

Crank, yes, but I don't think a kook. He's just your ordinary posturing
bragging extra trying to talk down anyone who doesn't agree with him
or who gives him the tiniest bit of sass. :-)

He's been that way ever since nobody applauded his mighty macho
morse accomplishments in that embassy in the mighty nation of
Guinea-Bisseau (nation's maximum export is cashew nuts).

Come to think of it, he may be nuts also, but of a different variety.

Seventy trees,

Old August 12th 04, 01:11 PM
William

(Len Over 21) wrote in message ...
In article ,
(William) writes:

(Len Over 21) wrote in message
[...]

So much for the Liberty Loving, Liberty Defending ex-Marine and his
Look the Other Way Cronies.

I'm thinking that Dave is a crank and a kook.

Crank, yes, but I don't think a kook. He's just your ordinary posturing
bragging extra trying to talk down anyone who doesn't agree with him
or who gives him the tiniest bit of sass. :-)

He's been that way ever since nobody applauded his mighty macho
morse accomplishments in that embassy in the mighty nation of
Guinea-Bisseau (nation's maximum export is cashew nuts).

Come to think of it, he may be nuts also, but of a different variety.

Seventy trees,

Bad branch water. Angus steers upstream.
Old August 12th 04, 10:51 PM
Dave Heil

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , (Steve

Subject: FCC Office Testing History
From: Mike Coslo

Date: 8/9/2004 6:37 PM Central Standard Time
Len Over 21 wrote:
In article , Mike Coslo

Don't mistake good manners for weakness.

BAM! Hammer hit's nail directly on head.

What hammer? What nail?

As I've suspected, you have no idea of the things going on around you.

I don't "demand" anything, nursie.

No? So all you do is see any comment by anyone opposed to your
outsider's view of amateur radio as a demand or an order?

Certainly not the marching in
ranks to the beat of morse under the Newington flag like the
proud noble amateurs did in the 1930s...

Don't worry about it, old timer. You aren't part of the ranks. Let me
know if you dig up any photos or 16mm movies of radio amateurs marching
under that Newington flag.

I see myself as just trying to get rid of the morse code test for U.S.
amateur radio licensing. :-)

I see myself using an American dictionary and spelling without so
many U letters...such as in "savriour."

Go for it, "Atila" (your spelling). How's your little "synchophant"
(your spelling), "William" (his spelling of 'Brian')?

I see myself in the mirror every time I look into one.

How do you live with that pain?

I couldn't? Sorry, but I DID get professionally published...for money!

Do those who are professionally published for no money operate under
some sort of barter system?

The problem is he came into the Amateur Radio arena with the same "You'd
darned well better listen to me because I know better than you" attitude and
now he wonders why no one (save the lame, lazy and easily impressionable)
want anything to do with him or his opinions.

Nursie be gone, outasight, cracked-up, bonkers, nuts.

I'm guessing that most who read Steve's statement found it accurate.

Dave K8MN

France, keeping in mind its recent history General 0 October 11th 03 04:19 AM
France, keeping in mind its recent history General 0 October 11th 03 04:19 AM
Low reenlistment rate charlesb Policy 54 September 18th 03 01:57 PM
Transmitter tube testing castles Homebrew 6 July 31st 03 12:47 AM
Transmitter tube testing castles Homebrew 0 July 29th 03 04:26 AM