Old September 16th 04, 11:30 AM
N2EY

In article , Mike Coslo writes:

N2EY wrote:
Mike Coslo wrote in message

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...anada_nm/canad

a_leisure_cat_col_1

If that's art, I'm gald to be an engineer.

"Glad to be an engineer"

it isn't art, or even close to it.

All depends how you define "art", Mike.

There is a "con man" element in the
art world today that seems to want to push the borders with every new
showing. It is how we get exhibits such as "**** Christ", exhibits of
decomposing cow carcasses, and now this abomination. Certainly the
Christ exhibit didn't harm any helpless creatures, and was mainly
extremely offensive.

Some folks define "art" as "anything that makes the viewer have an emotional
experience". IOW, if it makes you feel something, it's "art". Since that film -
heck, the *concept* of the film, even unseen - makes us feel something, its
creators think it's "art".

But anyone that thinks torture is art needs a visit
from Karma.

And they'll likely get it.

In the meantime, since there is a element of "art is
whatever you can get away with" in the art critic world, people try to
get away with anything.

It did make you feel something, though, didn't it?

How is Canada disgusting because of what those three bums did?

They gave light (almost no) sentences to the *******s.

As Leo points out, here in PA they'd not have gotten worse.

The people who did this should be either incarcerated or permanently in
a mental institution. They are out on the streets. To say that the
torture and mutilation of an animal is "art" of some form is merely
justification of their sociopathic condition.

Any country where there wouldn't be a huge outcry and immediate
condemnation of such an event condones it.

We (here in the USA) let folks who have murdered *human beings* get back out on
the streets, Mike.

73 de Jim, N2EY
Old September 16th 04, 06:15 PM
N2EY

If you think the Toronto/cat story is bad, check this out:

http://www.themilwaukeechannel.com/n...44/detail.html

Right in the USA 'heartland'...

73 de Jim, N2EY
Old September 17th 04, 02:48 AM
Jim Hampton

Mike Coslo wrote in message ...
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...sure_cat_col_1

Hello, Mike

What makes you think that the United States has the patent on sanity
(LOL)?

They just arrested a Monroe County deputy on child pornography
charges. He admitted that he had the pornography and resigned.
Charges are pending (BTW, Rochester is in Monroe County).

Then there is Michael Jackson. Of course, he is presumed innocent
until proven guilty. No further comment.

Sigh ... I think I'll fire up and chat with a friend, Bill, VE7DTM in
Quesnel, British Columbia - either Bill or Dave, VE7DGL in Nasko, B.C.
I won't mention your thoughts tho -

Best regards from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA

Stores in Canada Infostrada Dx 4 December 16th 03 12:22 AM
Stores in Canada Infostrada Dx 0 December 14th 03 10:20 PM
Aurora : canada, finland only Thierry Dx 20 November 1st 03 02:21 PM
Aurora : canada, finland only Thierry Dx 0 October 30th 03 07:06 PM
Radio Amateurs of Canada - Morse Code Survey Results Published Mike Coslo Policy 22 September 27th 03 07:03 PM