Old October 14th 04, 08:03 PM
Len Over 21

Default No Morse Code discourse

In article ,
(William) writes:

(William) wrote in message
.com...
PAMNO (N2EY) wrote in message
In article ,

(Steve
Robeson K4CAP) writes:

Subject: Doing Battle? Can't Resist Posting?
From:
PAMNO (N2EY)
Date: 10/10/2004 8:16 AM Central Standard Time
In article ,

(Len Over 21) writes:

Morse code is slower that ALL modes.

"slower that ALL"??

Tell the truth.

Morse Code is *not* slower than "all" modes.

Tis very true, but without any practical experience, how would he
know???

Common sense, for one thing. Or intelligent observation.

That is in rare supply.

Suppose two people who can only hunt-and-peck type at 10 wpm sit down at

a 100
wpm RTTY setup. The system then becomes a 10 wpm mode. Morse Code can

easily go
three times that fast and more.

Indeed. And indeed rtty can go three times as fast as that. The
limiting factor is, as you pointed out, operator skill.

So I give back to you the example of a CW Operator who only knows
Morse at 10WPM.

I am now sitting down, calmly waiting for your observation.

Therefore, Morse Code is not slower than all other modes.

FAX is pretty slow until you try it by sending an image as a digitized
file via CW. Encoding all of those x,y coordinates and a grayshade
from 0-255...

And WHY do you bother responding to him, Jim?

To correct some of his mistakes - without shouting, name-calling, or

insulting.

I have now responded to you without Steve's shouting, or name-calling,
and hopefully without you taking offense.

Plus typing practice.

Can you type faster than you can send CW?

This, like most of the rest of the lengthy Lennie-vs-The World post, is
that same as the rest.

Just wondering, since you've made it a point of tweaking ME on several
occassions over the very same thing.

Don't you see a difference in the method - and the volume of posting?

73 de Jim, N2EY

I certainly do. Call it "intelligent observation."

bb

Not only don't I see "civil discourse," I sense an unwillingness for
you to discuss your own Morse Code statements.

Don't expect him to. :-)

Old October 15th 04, 04:40 AM
William

(Len Over 21) wrote in message ...
In article ,
(William) writes:

(William) wrote in message
.com...
PAMNO (N2EY) wrote in message
In article ,

(Steve

From:
PAMNO (N2EY)
Date: 10/10/2004 8:16 AM Central Standard Time
In article ,

(Len Over 21) writes:

[...]

Too much logic to overcome.
Old October 15th 04, 10:02 PM
Len Over 21

In article ,
(William) writes:

(Len Over 21) wrote in message
In article ,
(William) writes:

(William) wrote in message
.com...
PAMNO (N2EY) wrote in message
In article ,

(Steve

From:
PAMNO (N2EY)
Date: 10/10/2004 8:16 AM Central Standard Time
In article ,

(Len Over 21) writes:

[...]

Heh heh. Either that or he hasn't time to generate the spin during
this election year. I think Jimmie is running for Presidency of the
newsgroup or something and is busy, busy calling everyone who
does not agree with him as "wrong," "in error," or "you don't know
anything about it due to 'no experience'!" :-) Hi hi.