Old December 20th 04, 12:22 AM
Len Over 21

In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

Subject: Mode/Band Use in 1961
From: (Len Over 21)
Date: 12/16/2004 7:00 PM Central Standard Time
In fact, there was NO ARRL and NONE of the amateur radio
enthusiasts were legal! [NO radio regulating agency active in
the USA in 1911]

And no "Len Anderson" was active in 1911, antagonizing and telling

those
radio enthusiasts then (who WERE legal, Lennie...sorry...) how to go about
doing what they were doing.

Lessee, if he was around back then........ He would probably have been
a civil war vet.

"He" was actually a Korean War veteran, serving actively from 1952 to

1956.

When did Coslo ever serve in ANY military?

Coslo has served his country for a lot longer than Lenover21 has then.

In what way? :-)

"Existance?"

And he would have been a member of the Military telegraph service.
Could tell all those radio Ops about real telagraphy.....

For its time, that would be true...but that is supposition by the

Avenging
Angle, the hero of "seven hostile actions" along with his lil buddy,
the Amateur Balloonist.

Yeah, supposition it is.

I'm still working on trying to find out what "telagraphy" is. :-)

The U.S. Army Signal Corps ran the land force military telegraphy
"service" plus a lot of other communications tasks in the Army. I was
in the Signal Corps, United States Army.

Yeah, like I said....

Ah, but you did NOT "say" anything remotely similar. Tsk.

The Morse-Vail Telegraph System debuted in 1844, Baltimore to Washington
DC. The U.S. Civil War did not start until 1861, seventeen years later.

There was NO "radio" communications until 1896, 52 years after the first
Morse-Vail Telegraph service opened.

Right, there ya go!......

It is recorded history. Try reading about it...other than just from the
press at Newington.

hehe, I like that!

Coslo has never served in any military. In fact, he has NOT served in

ANY
"radio operator" capacity other than as an AMATEUR, a hobbyist, a
dilletante in the communications world making big noises like he was an
"operator" of high caliber. "High caliber?" No, not even shooting

blanks.

Hmmm, I guess I touched a nerve. Sorry about that!

You don't deny it.

It's worse with the Avenging Angle, that obtuse angle (never right), who
never worked any military communications and couldn't even make it to
military pilot despite having (allegedly) a private pilot's license since
before his military service. Wow, talk about losers!

Tsk, tsk. I'm not going to tell you anything about the U.S. Civil War
despite my late father-in-law's personal study of it nor my own reading
of the official histories of the U.S. Army Signal Corps written by the
U.S. Army Times, nor of official documents written by Signalmen of
the U.S. Army in other official and recognized documents.

That's not nice, especially since I enjoy your stories! 8^(

I don't think you "enjoy" them at all, but are rather looking for an
opportunity to "stick" any NCTA. Aggressive-compulsive behavior
common to the more violent sports like hockey (or lately)
basketball.

Do not
worry. Depend on the publishers at Newington to tell you ALL about
"radio" (at least that much they care to tell you).

You don't have to pay any attention to REAL radio operators and
maintainers who were in REAL HF worldwide communications as I was
a half century ago...nor of those government and private sector radio
operations where I was also in the following half century. All you need
to know is what Newington cares to tell you and, above all else, love
honor and cherish morse code, that imaginary paragon of "radio
operating skill" among AMATEURS.

Keep all those wonderful skills and operating standards of
amateurism alive and well long past their usefulness so that you will
finally be part of an "in group" of morsemen. Be ready for that "big
one" where you can brag about saving the world through morsemanship.

You attach too much importance to Morse code testing.

Not in THIS venue which is supposedly about AMATEUR RADIO POLICY,
not world socio-politics as some want it.

Now, one last time, how do you "serve" your country in those "other
ways" you claim? Neither you nor the Nun of the Above have answered
that question challenge on your respective claims...

Suffice it to say that I do, and that I only mention it since you find
it important that I was not a member of the uniformed services. It is
your gauge, not mine.

So...you CANNOT answer. Because you have NONE?

No matter.

Merry Christmas and good will to all men...

Old December 20th 04, 01:36 AM
bb

I've been using google, now google beta. Yech!
I'm not sure of the suck-factor, maybe 8 on a scale of 10?

Old December 20th 04, 02:26 AM
Mike Coslo

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , Mike Coslo

From: (Len Over 21)
Date: 12/16/2004 7:00 PM Central Standard Time
In fact, there was NO ARRL and NONE of the amateur radio
enthusiasts were legal! [NO radio regulating agency active in
the USA in 1911]

And no "Len Anderson" was active in 1911, antagonizing and telling

those

radio enthusiasts then (who WERE legal, Lennie...sorry...) how to go about
doing what they were doing.

Lessee, if he was around back then........ He would probably have been
a civil war vet.

"He" was actually a Korean War veteran, serving actively from 1952 to

1956.

When did Coslo ever serve in ANY military?

Coslo has served his country for a lot longer than Lenover21 has then.

In what way? :-)

Ahh, you told me that it was the last time you were going to ask in your
last post

"Existance?"

Existance?

And he would have been a member of the Military telegraph service.
Could tell all those radio Ops about real telagraphy.....

For its time, that would be true...but that is supposition by the

Avenging

Angle, the hero of "seven hostile actions" along with his lil buddy,
the Amateur Balloonist.

Yeah, supposition it is.

I'm still working on trying to find out what "telagraphy" is. :-)

I could user a good proofreader now and again... 8^)

The U.S. Army Signal Corps ran the land force military telegraphy
"service" plus a lot of other communications tasks in the Army. I was
in the Signal Corps, United States Army.

Yeah, like I said....

Ah, but you did NOT "say" anything remotely similar. Tsk.

What I said was about you relating your stories to us...

The Morse-Vail Telegraph System debuted in 1844, Baltimore to Washington
DC. The U.S. Civil War did not start until 1861, seventeen years later.

There was NO "radio" communications until 1896, 52 years after the first
Morse-Vail Telegraph service opened.

Right, there ya go!......

It is recorded history. Try reading about it...other than just from the
press at Newington.
hehe, I like that!

Coslo has never served in any military. In fact, he has NOT served in

ANY

"radio operator" capacity other than as an AMATEUR, a hobbyist, a
dilletante in the communications world making big noises like he was an
"operator" of high caliber. "High caliber?" No, not even shooting
blanks.

Hmmm, I guess I touched a nerve. Sorry about that!

You don't deny it.

I is definitely a dilettante.

It's worse with the Avenging Angle, that obtuse angle (never right), who
never worked any military communications and couldn't even make it to
military pilot despite having (allegedly) a private pilot's license since
before his military service. Wow, talk about losers!

Tsk, tsk. I'm not going to tell you anything about the U.S. Civil War
despite my late father-in-law's personal study of it nor my own reading
of the official histories of the U.S. Army Signal Corps written by the
U.S. Army Times, nor of official documents written by Signalmen of
the U.S. Army in other official and recognized documents.

That's not nice, especially since I enjoy your stories! 8^(

I don't think you "enjoy" them at all, but are rather looking for an
opportunity to "stick" any NCTA.

Incorrect.

Aggressive-compulsive behavior
common to the more violent sports like hockey (or lately)
basketball.

Won't deny that, though I restrict my more physical activity to other
participants, not the fans.

[...]

Sigh, there hasn't been much talk in here about Morse lately, which is
just fine with me. You really should start a moderated group, in which
all participants *have* to talk about Morse code.

Now, one last time, how do you "serve" your country in those "other
ways" you claim? Neither you nor the Nun of the Above have answered
that question challenge on your respective claims...

Suffice it to say that I do, and that I only mention it since you find
it important that I was not a member of the uniformed services. It is
your gauge, not mine.

So...you CANNOT answer. Because you have NONE?

Yeah, that's right, I have none, that's the ticket! Believe that if you
wish. 8^)

That would be an idiotic thing to lie about.

No matter.

Indeed.

Merry Christmas and good will to all men...

Enjoy the holidays Len.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old December 20th 04, 08:14 PM
Len Over 21

In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

When did Coslo ever serve in ANY military?

Coslo has served his country for a lot longer than Lenover21 has then.

In what way? :-)

Ahh, you told me that it was the last time you were going to ask in your
last post

IN WHAT WAY???

You are trying to be clever and obfuscate with a non-answer.

That only proves you have NO answer at all.

I'm still working on trying to find out what "telagraphy" is. :-)

I could user a good proofreader now and again... 8^)

I'm sure you could "user" a lot of things...

The U.S. Army Signal Corps ran the land force military telegraphy
"service" plus a lot of other communications tasks in the Army. I was
in the Signal Corps, United States Army.

Yeah, like I said....

Ah, but you did NOT "say" anything remotely similar. Tsk.

What I said was about you relating your stories to us...

I just relate factual history, uncolored by morsemanship bias
from the BoD at Newington.

I don't think you "enjoy" them at all, but are rather looking for an
opportunity to "stick" any NCTA.

Incorrect.

My OPINION is my OPINION. You cannot call it "incorrect" or
"correct." By observation of your postings, you DO like to "pick
on" those who do not favor any morse code test.

Not in THIS venue which is supposedly about AMATEUR RADIO POLICY,
not world socio-politics as some want it.

Sigh, there hasn't been much talk in here about Morse lately, which is
just fine with me. You really should start a moderated group, in which
all participants *have* to talk about Morse code.

THIS NEWSGROUP was BEGUN to take the morse code test
controversy off of rec.radio.amateur.misc.

You are NOT, nor ever were, any "moderator" in here. This
newsgroup is an UNmoderated one and open to anyone with
access to the Internet.

YOU do NOT "own" anything in here just by existing here, despite
your apparent territorial imperative feelings.

Suffice it to say that I do, and that I only mention it since you find
it important that I was not a member of the uniformed services. It is
your gauge, not mine.

So...you CANNOT answer. Because you have NONE?

Yeah, that's right, I have none, that's the ticket! Believe that if you

wish. 8^)

Still a NON-answer. Are you afraid of the truth?

That would be an idiotic thing to lie about.

It is done all the time by the "Rambo-wannabees." In some cases by
"militia" people going out and playing sojer in da woods and posturing
about their "warriorhood." Ptui.

Merry Christmas and good will to all men...

Enjoy the holidays Len.

Thank you, I always do.

However, no bets on the "traditional" hypocritical posting to come
before Christmas where the Avenging Angle borrows all the trite
phrases to "wish everyone a happy holiday"...even to his "opponents"
who he calls all kinds of names all the other days of the year. :-)

So...what mode/band did Coslo use in 1961? :-)

Old December 20th 04, 10:01 PM
Mike Coslo

Len Over 21 wrote:
In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

When did Coslo ever serve in ANY military?

Coslo has served his country for a lot longer than Lenover21 has then.

In what way? :-)

Ahh, you told me that it was the last time you were going to ask in your
last post

IN WHAT WAY???

You are trying to be clever and obfuscate with a non-answer.

That only proves you have NO answer at all.

I give no answer.

I'm still working on trying to find out what "telagraphy" is. :-)

I could user a good proofreader now and again... 8^)

I'm sure you could "user" a lot of things...

You betcha!

The U.S. Army Signal Corps ran the land force military telegraphy
"service" plus a lot of other communications tasks in the Army. I was
in the Signal Corps, United States Army.

Yeah, like I said....

Ah, but you did NOT "say" anything remotely similar. Tsk.

What I said was about you relating your stories to us...

I just relate factual history, uncolored by morsemanship bias
from the BoD at Newington.

All history is coming from a perspective. So it is a stretch to call it
factual.

I don't think you "enjoy" them at all, but are rather looking for an
opportunity to "stick" any NCTA.

Incorrect.

My OPINION is my OPINION. You cannot call it "incorrect" or
"correct."

My opinion of your opinion is that your opinion is incorrect as far as
my enjoyment of your stories of your experience.

By observation of your postings, you DO like to "pick
on" those who do not favor any morse code test.

A regular old bully I am! 8^)

[...]

Not me. I have very little concern about such things. It is one of my
traits that annoys a lot of people.

Merry Christmas and good will to all men...

Enjoy the holidays Len.

Thank you, I always do.

However, no bets on the "traditional" hypocritical posting to come
before Christmas where the Avenging Angle borrows all the trite
phrases to "wish everyone a happy holiday"...even to his "opponents"
who he calls all kinds of names all the other days of the year. :-)

So...what mode/band did Coslo use in 1961? :-)

I was a wee lad of 7 in 1961. I did however get a citizens band
walkie-talkie in either 1964 or 1965, followed by a Lafayette HE20C two
years later. I was too young to have a license, so my parents got one.
KBM-8780 was the callsign.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old December 21st 04, 02:56 AM
Mike Coslo

From: Mike Coslo
Date: 12/20/2004 4:01 PM Central Standard Time
Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

When did Coslo ever serve in ANY military?

Coslo has served his country for a lot longer than Lenover21 has then.

In what way? :-)

Ahh, you told me that it was the last time you were going to ask in your
last post

IN WHAT WAY???

Oooooooooooooooooohhhh...Mike got Lennie MAD! ! ! !

It does appear that way, Steve.

But he did post:

*** Now, one last time, how do you "serve" your country in those "other
*** ways" you claim? Neither you nor the Nun of the Above have answered
*** that question challenge on your respective claims...

Lennie making D E M A N D S ! ! ! !

Of course we ASK Lennie for info, and we get reams and reams of rants and
ramblings.

You are trying to be clever and obfuscate with a non-answer.

That only proves you have NO answer at all.

I give no answer.

Lennie is still seething over my refusal to re-post my USMC MOS's. Gave
them to him twice...He still can't seem to wade his way through old posts and
e-mail to dig them out.

The U.S. Army Signal Corps ran the land force military telegraphy
"service" plus a lot of other communications tasks in the Army. I was
in the Signal Corps, United States Army.

Yeah, like I said....

Ah, but you did NOT "say" anything remotely similar. Tsk.

What I said was about you relating your stories to us...

I just relate factual history, uncolored by morsemanship bias
from the BoD at Newington.

"Factual history" like lumping his rear-area radio mechanic Army tour in
with the sacrifices of Soldiers who were KIA three years before Lennie was even
inducted.

Of course if anyone EXCEPT Lennie relates a tale of an event more than 48
hours old, Lennie will launch right back into another of his "standards of the
1930's" rants.

I don't think you "enjoy" them at all, but are rather looking for an
opportunity to "stick" any NCTA.

Incorrect.

My OPINION is my OPINION. You cannot call it "incorrect" or
"correct."

My opinion of your opinion is that your opinion is incorrect as far as
my enjoyment of your stories of your experience.

My "enjoyment" came several years ago when Lennie was trying to play
one-upmanship over his "career"...He screwed up and dropped the name of a
military facility that I had also served at. I spoke with persons I knew there
who would have been in a place and circumstance to know Lennie. He did. He
was less than complimentary of Lennie, Lennie's skills and knowledge. That
made it all worth it!

Not in THIS venue which is supposedly about AMATEUR RADIO POLICY,
not world socio-politics as some want it.

Sigh, there hasn't been much talk in here about Morse lately, which is
just fine with me. You really should start a moderated group, in which
all participants *have* to talk about Morse code.

THIS NEWSGROUP was BEGUN to take the morse code test
controversy off of rec.radio.amateur.misc.

Ooooooppppssssss......There Lennie goes with one of his "in the past"
rantings.

Of course Lennie will tell us that just because somethig "was" one way
decades ago, it is no basis for doing "it" that way in the present...and in
that narrow regard he is right.

The PROBLEM is, of course, that Lennie does NOT follow his own rhetoric.

Case in point:

You are NOT, nor ever were, any "moderator" in here. This
newsgroup is an UNmoderated one and open to anyone with
access to the Internet.

Here wwe have Lennie trying to be the moderator that he claims the
newsgroup does NOT have.

YOU do NOT "own" anything in here just by existing here, despite
your apparent territorial imperative feelings.

Funny how NO ONE ever claims ANY "territorial imperitive feelings" EXCEPT
Lennie...the foregoing attempt to redirect you on what HE (Lennie) perceives
the SOLE topic of this NG is supposed to be.

Maybe he meant tutorial imperitive?

Who knows, but one thing I have found to be true over the years is that
if a person has certain goals and wants to hide their motives, the fist
step is to accuse others of having those same goals.

I really do think he would be happy to have his own Morse code oriented
newsgroup with him as the moderator. Maybe.

Suffice it to say that I do, and that I only mention it since you find
it important that I was not a member of the uniformed services. It is
your gauge, not mine.

So...you CANNOT answer. Because you have NONE?

Yeah, that's right, I have none, that's the ticket! Believe that if you

wish. 8^)

Still a NON-answer. Are you afraid of the truth?

Oh, there's someone here who's afraid of the truth, alright, and it's
Leonard H Anderson!

That would be an idiotic thing to lie about.

It is done all the time by the "Rambo-wannabees." In some cases by
"militia" people going out and playing sojer in da woods and posturing
about their "warriorhood." Ptui.

The ONLY person herein "posturing" about "warriorhood" is Lennie...Case in
point the hundreds of posts signed with his former Army service number.

Merry Christmas and good will to all men...

Enjoy the holidays Len.

Thank you, I always do.

However, no bets on the "traditional" hypocritical posting to come
before Christmas where the Avenging Angle borrows all the trite
phrases to "wish everyone a happy holiday"...even to his "opponents"
who he calls all kinds of names all the other days of the year.

Of course Lennie has never even once, even before the flame war
completely ignited, acknowledged a single holiday or "event" greeting. That's
because Lennie is a creep.

So...what mode/band did Coslo use in 1961? :-)

I was a wee lad of 7 in 1961. I did however get a citizens band
walkie-talkie in either 1964 or 1965, followed by a Lafayette HE20C two
years later. I was too young to have a license, so my parents got one.
KBM-8780 was the callsign.

KHG-8459. Later followed by KEQ-1570, but by then I was a Commission
licensee in my own right with both a station AND operator permit.

Lennie doesn't hold ANY station license in ANY radio service.

Pity the "radio professional" whose sole access to hobby radio is
dependent upon Part's 15 and 95.

Its a tangled web for sure.

Here's to a happy and fun holiday season to you and the rest of the
Robeson family.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old December 21st 04, 04:29 AM
bb

"And we've actually had some mutually agreeable things to say."

Suprises the hell out of me. ;^)

I still want to get back on the rewrite of Part 97 for foreign amateurs
in the USA (or outside the USA yet wanting a USA callsign).
I think that's what started it all.

Old December 21st 04, 11:15 AM
Steve Robeson K4YZ

From: Mike Coslo
Date: 12/20/2004 8:56 PM Central Standard Time
From: Mike Coslo

Date: 12/20/2004 4:01 PM Central Standard Time
Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

IN WHAT WAY???

Oooooooooooooooooohhhh...Mike got Lennie MAD! ! ! !

It does appear that way, Steve.

But he did post:

*** Now, one last time, how do you "serve" your country in those "other
*** ways" you claim? Neither you nor the Nun of the Above have answered
*** that question challenge on your respective claims...

Lennie has a twisted sense of what "service" means.

In his mind, one brief tour in the Army was all the "service" one need do.
The facts are that there are THOUSANDS of ways one may be of "service" to this
Nation, not all of which include donning the uniform of the Armed Forces.
Indeed, not every person should or could be a capable member of the Armed
Forces, yet they can "serve" in any of those other capacities in grand style.

Funny how NO ONE ever claims ANY "territorial imperitive feelings"

EXCEPT
Lennie...the foregoing attempt to redirect you on what HE (Lennie)

perceives
the SOLE topic of this NG is supposed to be.

Maybe he meant tutorial imperitive?

Who knows, but one thing I have found to be true over the years is that

if a person has certain goals and wants to hide their motives, the fist
step is to accuse others of having those same goals.

I really do think he would be happy to have his own Morse code oriented

newsgroup with him as the moderator. Maybe.

Of course he would! And the rules would be simple...First, any discusson
or depiction of persons who use, favor the use of or support the use of Morse
Code MUST be depicted as knuckle dragging luddites.

Secondly, anyone with less than 14 years of night school to accomplish
what any other person can accomplish in a 2 year community college will be
dismissed as wannabes, only peripherally interested in radio communication.

And lastly, anyone who uses the word "service" in ANY capacity other than
that of a one-term Army radio mechanic has NO idea of what they are talking
about, and such "talk" is merely the "rantings of a person wrapped in patriotic
bunting"...

THAT way, EVERY "discussion" would validate his every word as the ONLY
word in radio communication, thereby making him the only "authority" in radio
communication...Kinda the way he already perceives himself but without the
adulation he thinks he so richly deserves.

Pity the "radio professional" whose sole access to hobby radio is
dependent upon Part's 15 and 95.

Its a tangled web for sure.

Actually, I was kinda pitying the old guy for being so narrow minded and
not having the initiative and motivation to accomplish what he might otherwise
be so capable of doing.

Here's to a happy and fun holiday season to you and the rest of the
Robeson family.

And to You and Yours, Sir, a very safe and fulfilling holiday!

73

Steve, K4YZ

Old December 21st 04, 01:51 PM
bb

Steve says, """Lennie has a twisted sense of what "service" means."""

I'm not so sure about that.

"""In his mind, one brief tour in the Army was all the "service" one
need do."""

To be fair, it is far, far, far more than what the vast majority give.
They don't mind taking Pell Grants, guaranteed student loans, etc, and
complaining about the rising costs of education, but to put someone
else before themselves, "Forget it!" Then want their degree, their
401k, and to hell with anyone else or delaying their education for 4
years.

I actually heard an NPR reporter laugh yesterday when he opened a story
about Rumsfeld and the problem the Army is having with recruiting.
Your tax dollars at work.

"""The facts are that there are THOUSANDS of ways one may be of
"service" to this
Nation, not all of which include donning the uniform of the Armed
Forces.
Indeed, not every person should or could be a capable member of the
Armed
Forces, yet they can "serve" in any of those other capacities in grand
style."""

That's debatable. And don't get me started on the "Americorps"
program.