Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 16th 04, 06:12 AM
K4YZ

Default K0HB Supports Terrorist Use Of GPS Net Against America

From another thread, Hans made the most assinine statement:

QUOTE

K=D8HB Dec 15, 8:23 pm hide options

Newsgroups: rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy
From: "K=D8HB" - Find messages by this author

Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 04:23:21 GMT
Subject: Problem for boaters and APRS?
original | Report Abuse

A friend sent me the link below. At first I thought it had to be an
April Fool joke, but apparently The Shrub really IS that stupid!

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/nati...atellites.html

UNQUOTE

What the article said, in part:

QUOTE:

Bush Prepares for Possible GPS Shutdown
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Published: December 15, 2004

Filed at 10:17 p.m. ET

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Bush has ordered plans for temporarily
disabling the U.S. network of global positioning satellites during a
national crisis to prevent terrorists from using the navigational
technology, the White House said Wednesday.

Any shutdown of the network inside the United States would come under
only the most remarkable circumstances, said a Bush administration
official who spoke to a small group of reporters at the White House on
condition of anonymity.

UNQUOTE

"The Shrub"...?!?!

"April Fool's Joke"...?!?!

Hans, you're an idiot or an Al-Queda supporter.

How do I know this?

Because ONLY an idiot or an Al-Queda supporter could suggest that
making it difficult for terrorists to use our own systems against us is
an "April Fool's Joke".

BTW...I correct my earlier statement about Slick Willy making the
GPS net available in "93 or 94"...that was when he initially suggested
it. It became effective in 2000. It was discussed in Flying magazine
as early and the late 80's.

None-the-less, the idea of being able to inhibit or completely
disable the system is STILL not new, and I for one hope they DO keep
the reigns on it! It was an error to let it loose in the first place.
Steve, K4YZ

How to listen to terrorist radios ???? Bruno Beam Homebrew 15 December 16th 04 08:09 PM
Once upon a time in America there came to be a giant of an organization called the American Radio Relay League (ARRL). KC8QJP General 3 October 11th 04 10:44 AM
Once upon a time in America there came to be a giant of an organization called the American Radio Relay League (ARRL). KC8QJP Policy 3 October 11th 04 10:44 AM
Air America MondayMornin Antenna 25 April 29th 04 02:10 AM
F5RMX is a dangerous gay CBer terrorist Brian Policy 1 October 18th 03 07:50 AM