Old December 19th 04, 02:46 AM
KØHB

"bb" wrote

now we've got Hans saying "It's my right, It's my
right to have free access to a DoD weapons system!"

Pains me to say it Brian, but on one issue Steve is precisely right --- the
part where he says you're a lying sack of crap.

Hans never said anything even remotely resembling that.

What he did say is that shutting it down is an exceptionally stupid idea,
akin to cutting off your nose to spite your face. Nothing in there about any
individual "right to have free access".

Sunuvagun!

Good luck on this one now!

3's, de Hans, K0HB

Old December 19th 04, 04:01 PM
bb

Then you have the perfect opportunity to correct me at this time,
instead of agreeing with Steve, who says you're a supporter of
terrorism.

"A friend sent me the link below. At first I thought it had to be an
April Fool joke, but apparently The Shrub really IS that stupid!"

So in your sea-swamped opinion, why cannot "Shrub" turn off the GPS if
a terrorist attack is imminant?

Best of Luck

Old December 19th 04, 04:45 PM
KØHB

"bb" wrote

"A friend sent me the link below. At first I thought it had to be an
April Fool joke, but apparently The Shrub really IS that stupid!"

So in your sea-swamped opinion, why cannot "Shrub" turn off the GPS if
a terrorist attack is imminant?

Best of Luck

No luck needed at all, Brian.

I never said he "cannot turn off the GPS".

After all, he's in charge and has wide lattitude to do pretty much whatever he
decides to, including some stupid things. This would be one of those stupid
things. Par for the course, like his stupid notion of turning SS over to Wall
Street.

dit dit,

de Hans, K0HB

Old December 19th 04, 09:09 PM
bb

Then what are you whining about?

If the Commander in Chief shouldn't have control over a DoD Weapons
System, then who should?
Prolly some whining ham and his aprs setup.

bb

Old December 19th 04, 09:17 PM
bb

Steve, the "stupid idea" is a GPS design feature.

And as far as SS goes, Wall Streeters are already involved in the
Federal Employees Retirement System, virtually every State Employees
Retirement System, Teachers Retirement Systems, 401Ks, and IRAs.

Wall Street is how these retirement systems can fund such mundane stuff
as cost of living increases to their recipients. All baad, baaad stuff.

Old December 19th 04, 09:32 PM
JAMES HAMPTON

"KØHB" wrote in message
nk.net...
"bb" wrote

"A friend sent me the link below. At first I thought it had to be an
April Fool joke, but apparently The Shrub really IS that stupid!"

So in your sea-swamped opinion, why cannot "Shrub" turn off the GPS if
a terrorist attack is imminant?

Best of Luck

No luck needed at all, Brian.

I never said he "cannot turn off the GPS".

After all, he's in charge and has wide lattitude to do pretty much

whatever he
decides to, including some stupid things. This would be one of those

stupid
things. Par for the course, like his stupid notion of turning SS over to

Wall
Street.

dit dit,

de Hans, K0HB

Hello, Hans

Just so some might appreciate the problem with "privatization", New York
State started a deal where you could invest money to be used for your kids'
education. Not a savings account; this had to be "invested". They had a
nice thing going.

A lot of ordinary folks jumped right on the bandwagon. After the company I
worked for stopped their "fund d" and everything became chance.

Wow! The stock market was really rising! (yep, like a pyramid, you get a
lot of folks to invest, stocks go up). Over time, of course, stock tends to
go up, but a lot of new accounts ... a few of the guys at work were bragging
how many grand they made "last month". One guy (from Vietnam) took a hard
look and bailed out and moved it all into low producing accounts. Needless
to say, the tech stocks tanked, just about everyone investing in that New
York State thing lost a good portion of what they invested .... and if you
check, you find some folks (especially the folks that knew what was
happening) bailed. Some did very well (perhaps illegally), some did well
just not to loose anything (like the guy at work I mentioned earlier). And
a lot more ordinary folk lost.

Why has gambling become the method of choice for making money? Everyone
around here wants more gambling. Creates jobs.

As to the stock market, it is like walking into a poker game. If you can't
spot the fish, guess what?

Best regards from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA

Old December 20th 04, 12:12 AM
Mike Coslo

JAMES HAMPTON wrote:

Just so some might appreciate the problem with "privatization", New York
State started a deal where you could invest money to be used for your kids'
education. Not a savings account; this had to be "invested". They had a
nice thing going.

That was a short sighted idea. With Education at constant double digit
inflation, there were no investment plans that could ever keep up, once
the investment people skimmed off their money. This means someone loses
at some point. Guess who?

A lot of ordinary folks jumped right on the bandwagon. After the company I
worked for stopped their "fund d" and everything became chance.

Wow! The stock market was really rising! (yep, like a pyramid, you get a
lot of folks to invest, stocks go up). Over time, of course, stock tends to
go up, but a lot of new accounts ... a few of the guys at work were bragging
how many grand they made "last month".

I knew a few millionaires. for a few months.

One guy (from Vietnam) took a hard
look and bailed out and moved it all into low producing accounts. Needless
to say, the tech stocks tanked, just about everyone investing in that New
York State thing lost a good portion of what they invested .... and if you
check, you find some folks (especially the folks that knew what was
happening) bailed.

Oh yeah, there is that. I confess I kept all my money in more
conservative investments for the whole duration. In retrospect, it was
quite wise.

Some did very well (perhaps illegally), some did well
just not to loose anything (like the guy at work I mentioned earlier). And
a lot more ordinary folk lost.

Coslo's rule of investment: Find out what investment is hot, and avoid
it like the plague. Mr. investment counselor is NOT your friend.

Why has gambling become the method of choice for making money? Everyone
around here wants more gambling. Creates jobs.

That one is easy. Gambling simply serves as a voluntary tax. The reason
that politicians love it is that it is accepted by the users. And the
gild on the lily is that the wealthy don't use lotteries anywhere near
the level that the poor do.

So you have a voluntary tax on the poor.

As to the stock market, it is like walking into a poker game. If you can't
spot the fish, guess what?

The stock market is a revenue generating mechanism. The thing is who is
it generating revenue for. You need an insider to make money.

cynically yours.....

- Mike KB3EIA -