Old December 18th 04, 03:36 PM
KØHB

Default K0HB Supports Common Sense...NOT!

"Steve Robeson K4YZ" wrote

We spent billions of dollars and hundreds of thousands of lives in
Europe...Now we get spit on by them. So what?

Seems we'd have learned our lesson! But nooooooooooooo, Shrub-Condi-Rummy make
up a big lie about WMD's, convince Colin Powell to swear it's a fact, and get us
bogged down for "many years" (their words, not mine). We should have dispatched
SH and walked away.

It's easy to declare a war if you aren't personally required to attend.

73, Hans, K0HB

Old December 20th 04, 02:08 AM
KØHB

"Steve Robeson K4YZ" wrote

President Clinton did not stand up in front of the American people and
state "we are in a state of war".

What he "stood up and said" is invenerial, Steve.

He was the sitting President and the Commander in Chief of our Armed Forces who
were making war on Slobodan Milosevic and Company. Ergo, by calling him "Slick
Willy" you verbalized a derrogatory diminutive for the President in a time of
war. Funny that you'd get all spun up in righteous indignation when I simply
followed your example. Damn, but you're two faced!

3, de Hans, K0HB

Old December 22nd 04, 12:50 PM
Kim

"N2EY" wrote in message

Sounds like fear of the truth to me. Fear that Shrub might actually be

wrong
about something. Fear that it's not as simple as

"Republicans/conservatives
good, Democrats/progressives bad".

73 de Jim, N2EY

That argument...contention...position...division...what ever it shall be
called, will never be given up. The politicians have been too busy at
building it for the past 6-7 years. It works wonderfully for them.

Kim W5TIT

Old December 22nd 04, 02:08 PM
Mike Coslo

Kim wrote:
"N2EY" wrote in message

Sounds like fear of the truth to me. Fear that Shrub might actually be

wrong

about something. Fear that it's not as simple as

"Republicans/conservatives

good, Democrats/progressives bad".

73 de Jim, N2EY

That argument...contention...position...division...what ever it shall be
called, will never be given up. The politicians have been too busy at
building it for the past 6-7 years. It works wonderfully for them.

But only for a little while.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old December 22nd 04, 04:48 PM
KØHB

"Steve Robeson K4YZ" wrote

You actually have the temerity to suggest that actually participating IN
the democratic process is no different than expressing disrespect for our
leaders?

Should I lie and say I respect him as President? The last President I had any
real respect for was his father.

I'm sure he's a nice guy.... probably a hell of a bass fisherman or deer
hunter, a good father, faithful husband, regular churchgoer and all that, but
he's a lousy President.

3s, de Hans, K0HB

Old December 23rd 04, 02:55 AM
bb

"""I'm sure he's a nice guy.... probably a hell of a bass fisherman or
deer
hunter, a good father, faithful husband, regular churchgoer and all
that, but
he's a lousy President.

3s, de Hans, K0HB"""

I don't know about all that, but he's right to use any means at his
disposal to defeat terrorist attacks on the USA, including turning off
the Global Positioning System. I guess you and everybody else mooching
off of the DoD forgot that it isn't yours and you can't jump up and
down screaming "Its my right, its my right." Well, maybe you can but
it won't matter. Just suck it up because GPS was designed that way.

Old December 23rd 04, 03:25 AM
KØHB

"bb" wrote

I guess you and everybody else mooching
off of the DoD forgot that it isn't yours and you can't jump up and
down screaming "Its my right, its my right."

Brian, if you can't make your point without basing it on "inventions", then your
point is not made.

I never said anything about "Its my right" --- that's pure "invention" on the
part of you and "Mel A. Nomah" whoever that ignorant twit is. Signs his post
"Avery", a screen name favored by another regular here.

All of that aside, your comment about "mooching" displays a profound lack of
understanding about who owns the GPS satelite galaxy. (DOS Hint: The DoD
doesn't "own" anything. The GPS system was built and is maintained with
appropriated tax funds, not DoD "earnings".)

Sunuvagun!

3s, de Hans, K0HB

Old December 24th 04, 12:28 AM
bb

Hans, you've made a declatory statement that reads exactly as I've
described it. If you've got a gripe with that, too bad. You've had
ample opportunity to explain yourself.

And the DoD earns nothing. It spends and provides the protection that
our citizens, domestic and foreign corporations, and legal and illegal
immigrants enjoy on a daily basis. The DoD performs one of the very
few legal functions of government spelled out in the Constitution. You
should complain about all of the other appropriated (tax) funds that
our government ****es away.

bb

Old December 24th 04, 05:35 AM
KØHB

"bb" wrote

You've had ample opportunity to explain yourself.

"Explain myself"?!?! My statement was simple and direct, requiring no
explanation. Regarding the news story about Shrub ordering up plans to shut
down GPS, I said this (no more, no less). "At first I thought it had to be an
April Fool joke, but apparently The Shrub really IS that stupid!"

You and "Avery" (not me) are the dufii who brought up cockeyed notions about
"mooching" and "freeloading" and "shut down GPS for a day each year".

You should complain about all of the other appropriated (tax)
funds that our government ****es away.

I didn't say the government was ****ing money away on GPS. In fact, we should
compliment them on money well spent, resulting in a broad range of benefits to
the taxpayers who paid for it.

3's, de Hans, K0HB