Old January 5th 05, 03:55 PM
Todd Daugherty

Hello, well tonight's broadcast is over. I'll probably rebroadcast it
tomorrow night on 20 meters

Todd N9OGL

"robert casey" wrote in message
k.net...
Todd Daugherty wrote:

Hello again everyone!!

I had finished the first program and I will air it tomorrow night

(January
4) at 9.00 pm CST on 28.550 MHz

Great choice of band.....

Not only is propagation rare at night on ten, it's now
at the bottom of the sunspot cycle which means rare
propagation even in daytime......

One positive thing is that you won't be bothering
anyone beyond a hundred miles around your QTH. ;-)

Old January 6th 05, 09:45 PM
robert casey

Todd Daugherty wrote:
Hello, well tonight's broadcast is over. I'll probably rebroadcast it
tomorrow night on 20 meters

Take the tape of it and encode it to an mp3
file, then post it on your web site. Then everyone
can listen at their convenience. And you won't
be tying up ham band bandwidth.
Old January 7th 05, 01:50 AM
Mel A. Nomah

"Todd Daugherty" wrote in message

: I think since we have the internet we really don't
: need amateur radio or broadcast services because
: all of that could be done on web and thus, would free
: a lot of spectrum up.
:
: Todd N9OGL

Sounds like a plan. You go first.

M.A.N.
--
The Gods Must Be Friggin' CRAZY!

Old January 7th 05, 04:40 AM
Dave Heil

Todd Daugherty wrote:

... Hollingworth and his gestopo stomping on free speech.

His what?

Do get me wrong I'm all for ham radio but I am not for this crap of
ham radio operators or the FCC gestopo atempts to control the content of
amateur radio stations.

You want us to get you wrong? I'm sold. Watch out for those "gestopo
atempts".

You never did tell me about this "micro broadcasting movement".

Dave K8MN
Old January 7th 05, 02:32 PM
Carl

I have always thought that "broadcast" is NOT allowed on amateur bands.
Where am I mistaken?
KB9RVB

Old January 7th 05, 04:32 PM
Todd Daugherty

You know W1AW could do the same thing. Heck the internet solves everything!
maybe we should get rid of ham radio? after all everything you can do on ham
radio you can do on the internet. Get rid of ham radio and we wouldn't have
to worry about Hollingworth and his gestopo stomping on free speech. I'm
sure all the ham bands we have can but sold off and used for some other
service. Do get me wrong I'm all for ham radio but I am not for this crap of
ham radio operators or the FCC gestopo atempts to control the content of
amateur radio stations. I think since we have the internet we really don't
need amateur radio or broadcast services because all of that could be done
on web and thus, would free a lot of spectrum up.

Todd N9OGL

"robert casey" wrote in message
ink.net...

Old January 7th 05, 05:25 PM
Phil Kane

On 7 Jan 2005 06:32:52 -0800, Carl wrote:

I have always thought that "broadcast" is NOT allowed on amateur bands.
Where am I mistaken?

You aren't.

--
73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane

Old January 7th 05, 08:56 PM
Todd Daugherty

"Dave Heil" wrote in message
Todd Daugherty wrote:

... Hollingworth and his gestopo stomping on free speech.

His what?

Do get me wrong I'm all for ham radio but I am not for this crap of
ham radio operators or the FCC gestopo atempts to control the content of
amateur radio stations.

You want us to get you wrong? I'm sold. Watch out for those "gestopo
atempts".

You never did tell me about this "micro broadcasting movement".

What do you want to know about the micro-broadcasting movement???

I myself joined the movement in 1998 after I had applied six times for a
license with waivers for a community that didn't have a service. The FCC
wouldn't consider my applications or waivers (which the Federal courts have
told them repeatly that they (FCC) "must consider waivers" So my opinion of
the FCC is that they are nothing buts LIARS, and are below pond scum.

Todd N9OGL

Dave K8MN

Old January 9th 05, 01:35 PM
bb

JAMES HAMPTON wrote:
"Jerry" wrote in message
.. .

"K4ZDH"Just Call Me Bill"" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Todd Daugherty" wrote in message

: Sometime in January N9OGL well begin to broadcast his program

in the
Amateur
: band. The time, start up date and frequency has not yet been

determined.
: However, it will probably be in the 15 or 10 meter band. I'll

keep you
all
: posted.
:
: Todd N9OGL
:

Please let me know when you start. I'd love to exchange QSLs

with you.

"Bill"

How many callsigns did you "imp" before this one?

(How many happen to know who it belongs to?)

Hello, Jerry

Um ... not a big deal .. with a look up of over 9,000 - might we

gently
assume it is someone associated with the FCC that also happens to

have an
amateur license?

VBG

Jerry, please be advised (and I think you don't need the advisement)

that
many folks on the rec.radio.amateur.policy group as well as

rec.radio.cb
group are not exactly the sharpest knives in the drawer .... )

Best regards from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA

It's been discussed here before, but the only problem appears when you
use another person's callsign in an amateur radio transmission. It's
use anywhere else is not "4ID" and is not a violation of any kind. Or
so I'm lead to believe.