Old February 13th 05, 01:28 AM
robert casey

Its to the point where the last few days even operating CW on 40 has
been a waste. Twice tonight 20+ minutes into two different QSO's had
RTTY coming right on top..... Guess they couldn't hear that the freq
was already in use (ya right!)

The RTTY people may not have the receiver audio playing in the
shack, but just looking at the computer monitor for decoded RTTY
messages. SO they may not realize that there's some code coming
in on freq. Changing band conditions and such.
Old February 13th 05, 08:22 PM
King Zulu

"Caveat Lector" wrote in message
RTTY ers don't usually read the QRP pages for frequency useage
They probably read the ARRL pages for this

It is a conflict and the two entities ought to straighten it out

Good grief! I got the Extra before incentive licensing created sub-bands,
just so I didn't have to keep track of anything more than CW and phone
bands. Now we have to worry about every bandplan mode allocation? Either the
frequency is in use or not in use. (That's for everyone, except K1MAN of
course.) If it's not in use, it's free game. For those who don't believe in
first-come, first-serve - I have a big amplifier I can turn on as the
minimal power needed to complete the contact. ak

p.s. OK - I do try to stay away from the low power PSK frequencies, if I'm
not running PSK, and keep my power to under 200 watts in Novice sections and
on 30 meters.

Old February 14th 05, 05:23 PM

GeorgeF wrote:
Caveat Lector wrote:

RTTY ers don't usually read the QRP pages for frequency useage
They probably read the ARRL pages for this

It is a conflict and the two entities ought to straighten it out

Its to the point where the last few days even operating CW on 40 has
been a waste. Twice tonight 20+ minutes into two different QSO's had

RTTY coming right on top..... Guess they couldn't hear that the freq

was already in use (ya right!)

Some kind of RTTY contest going on.

Remember too that 40 meters is only 7000-7100 outside of IARU Region 2.

That will change in the next few years but right now a lot of DX is
allowed above 7100. And as we head towards sunspot minimum, folks who
were spread all over the bands above 10 MHz are being pushed lower in
frequency due to lack of propagation. Happens every cycle.

The best solution would be for the bottom 50-75 kc\Hz of each band to
be
made CW-only - by law.

73 de Jim, N2EY

Old February 15th 05, 12:07 PM
K4YZ

K4YZ wrote:

The FACT is that despite similarities of various narrow band
modes, many just don't work well in close proximity to each other.
Mode specific subbands would tend to reduce those occurences of
dissimilar mode QRM.

Forgot to add:

This is not a prctical option, though. What is an "adequate"
amount of bandwidth for a mode today will, undoubtedly be way too much
or way to little tomorrow.

Skilled operators observing "Gentleman's Band Plans" remains the
prefered methodology for this.

73

Steve, K4YZ

Old February 16th 05, 02:45 AM
bb

K4YZ wrote:
K4YZ wrote:

The FACT is that despite similarities of various narrow band
modes, many just don't work well in close proximity to each other.
Mode specific subbands would tend to reduce those occurences of
dissimilar mode QRM.

Forgot to add:

This is not a prctical option, though. What is an "adequate"
amount of bandwidth for a mode today will, undoubtedly be way too

much
or way to little tomorrow.

Skilled operators observing "Gentleman's Band Plans" remains the
prefered methodology for this.

73

Steve, K4YZ

Now you've got the idea.

CW Testing Question Mike Coslo Policy 52 May 29th 04 09:24 AM
calling kc8qjp calling kc8qjp Keyclowns Are On Notice CB 0 March 27th 04 04:25 AM
AD9850 DDS - Help prevent suicide Tim Homebrew 6 October 23rd 03 03:31 AM
AD9850 DDS - Help prevent suicide Tim Homebrew 0 October 17th 03 06:20 AM
National Two Meter AM Calling Freq? David Stinson Boatanchors 3 August 9th 03 08:15 PM