Old February 21st 05, 01:58 AM
Bathrooman

Advanced Packet System... Okey dokey, now what are you going to do with
it? Exchange signal reports & wx? It's for girly men.

Old February 21st 05, 04:25 AM
Todd Daugherty

N9OGL ADVANCE PACKET NETWORK

The Advanced Amateur Radio Packet Network (AARPN) will NOT be setup like the
known packet system. The network will be set up like this; One centralized
node will serve a community and the surrounding area. An amateur opeator
would click on a Peer to Peer (P2P) icon on their computers and it will
connect them to the centralized node. An amateur would then would type in
the search engine in the P2P software what they are looking for like a Icom
for sale or a tech manual. This system has a huge advantage over the old
system. first it would be operating at 1 to 11megabits per second. Second
there would be no fowarding because if you have something to sale like a
radio, you can but a little description and put it in your share file
folder.Or a tech manual you would also put it in your share file folder. The
centralized node would be hooked up to the internet and the internet would
be used as a high speed "backbone" systerm. This in turn would connecting
all the radio nodes together. Other applications like email, chat and later
virtual reality programs could be used. Girly you say, well I would this
system over any system. Like I said you whiney like bitch whore I ****ing
dare you come up with something different.

Todd N9OGL

oups.com...

Old February 21st 05, 05:25 PM
robert casey

Caveat Lector wrote:
Someone wrote;
Q codes are for morse only. People who use Q codes on voice or text are
boring.

I agree that generally there is no reason to use Q-codes on voice.

Well I use phonetics on CW. ;-)
Old February 21st 05, 10:57 PM
bb

robert casey wrote:
Caveat Lector wrote:
Someone wrote;
Q codes are for morse only. People who use Q codes on voice or text

are
boring.

I agree that generally there is no reason to use Q-codes on voice.

Well I use phonetics on CW. ;-)

So do I. Sending CW is so much fun that I spell everything out
phonetically in Morse Code.

For instance, CQ is sent "c h a r l e y q u e b e c" It just makes
the good times last longer.

Old February 21st 05, 11:37 PM
Caveat Lector

"bb" wrote in message
ups.com...

robert casey wrote:
Caveat Lector wrote:
Someone wrote;
Q codes are for morse only. People who use Q codes on voice or text

are
boring.

I agree that generally there is no reason to use Q-codes on voice.

Well I use phonetics on CW. ;-)

So do I. Sending CW is so much fun that I spell everything out
phonetically in Morse Code.

For instance, CQ is sent "c h a r l e y q u e b e c" It just makes
the good times last longer.

An efficient use of your time I assume (;-)

Old February 22nd 05, 02:58 AM
Phil Kane

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 22:25:15 -0600, Todd Daugherty wrote:

[...]

All you have described is a wireless WAN - no big deal, it's in use
in large industrial campuses such as between the three Intel Corp.
facilities in Washington County here. There even is a ham band not
that far from the commercial microwave band which they use. It
ain't gonna' work on 2 meters, though. You need far too much rf
bandwidth.

Girly you say, well I would this
system over any system. Like I said you whiney like bitch whore I ****ing
dare you come up with something different.

Here's where you lose any credibility that you may have had. Grow
up if you want to be listened to.

--
73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane

From a Clearing in the Silicon Forest
Beaverton (Washington County) Oregon

Old February 22nd 05, 03:52 AM
Todd Daugherty

"Phil Kane" wrote in message
ganews.com...
On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 22:25:15 -0600, Todd Daugherty wrote:

I believe those wifi systems are using Spread Spectrum system, But only
problem with those wifi system would come up a way to keep non-amateurs out.
As I stated in my previous post this system, I think this system would work
better for amateur radio because it would eliminate fowarding and would
allow a variety more stuff in the amateur service. Stuff that wasn't allowed
due to the speed problem; including a online library with a mass variety of
tech books.

Todd N9OGL

--
73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane

From a Clearing in the Silicon Forest
Beaverton (Washington County) Oregon

Old February 23rd 05, 12:37 AM
bb

Caveat Lector wrote:

"bb" wrote in message
ups.com...

So do I. Sending CW is so much fun that I spell everything out
phonetically in Morse Code.

For instance, CQ is sent "c h a r l e y q u e b e c" It just

makes
the good times last longer.

An efficient use of your time I assume (;-)

W0EX, K3LT, and K4YZ used to get so upset that I dind't spend my spare
time getting to 20wpm.

Lucky for me this isn't East Germany and I get to decide how to spend
my leisure time.

Old February 23rd 05, 12:54 AM
bb

Todd Daugherty wrote:

Like I said you whiney like bitch whore I ****ing
dare you come up with something different.

Todd N9OGL

Todd, I think you need to work on the delivery a little more.

About 600,000 USA hams just tuned out your ideas.

Old February 23rd 05, 08:09 PM

Todd Daugherty wrote:

Go to streets of your town as
ask the average person on the
street if they had a choice between the
Internet and Amateur radio which one would
they pick? The vast majority of
people would pick the internet.

Red herring alert! You don't need to choose "between" them..... it's
perfectly acceptable to participate in both, and for different reasons.

Come back when you've learned logical debating techniques.

With kindest personal regards,

Hans, K0HB