Old March 6th 05, 04:34 PM
David Stinson

Default (BPL) Virtual Spectrum- Global Test

I finally got the Provisional Patent filed for
my BPL work-around, Virtual Spectrum (tm).
Server is up and running and everything is ready.
Next step- some friends will
help with tests- one in Europe, one in
Australia and two in the U.S.
There will be a low bandwidth and
a high-bandwidth trail. First will
stream a few KCs of 40 meters and include
several CW messages at various frequencies,
including a couple close together so we
can figure the best levels without cross-talk.
Next will be a high-bandwidth trial with
CW, SSB, FM and some other mode yet
to be decided, streaming about 40 KC of
the band. Then, a live, continuous
stream of the bottom 40 KC of 20 meters
from my location, which will run for a few days.
I hope they don't put BPL here in the mean time.

After these tests are concluded,
the next step will be configuring for
2-way QSOs, which is just a matter of
setting up the software and T/R switching.
I ain't had this much fun with a radio project
since I was a novice. :-).

73 Dave Stinson AB5S