Old March 19th 05, 12:09 AM
Mr. Obvious

Default The "N9OGL Show" - a thought

I was doing a bit of SWLing this afternoon on the way home from work
and happened to catch "The Real Amateur Radio Show" (hosted by the
TimTron, WA1HLR) on WBCQ - 7415 khz.

From what I gathered, the folks at WBCQ donate airtime to Tim for his

show - which is used to discuss ham-radio-related topics, propagation,
technical matters and so forth.

'BCQ would be a natural to host OGL's broadcasts; at ~250kw ERP on each
of their assigned frequencies they're bound to reach a large SW
audience.

Todd might wish to call the owners of the station (Becker Broadcast
Systems, IIRC) and see about getting some airtime donated...

Old March 19th 05, 12:29 AM
Phil Kane

On 18 Mar 2005 16:09:38 -0800, Mr. Obvious wrote:

'BCQ would be a natural to host OGL's broadcasts; at ~250kw ERP on each
of their assigned frequencies they're bound to reach a large SW
audience.

Todd might wish to call the owners of the station (Becker Broadcast
Systems, IIRC) and see about getting some airtime donated...

But that would go against Wannabe Rule Number One which is that one
must do it for oneself, even if it is much cheaper or much more
legal to use purchased or donated airtime.

--
73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane

Old March 19th 05, 12:29 AM
N9OGL

He probably pays for the time...it normally cost on the shortwave bands
between $50 to $100. I'll stick with were I'm at.

Todd N9OGL

Mr. Obvious wrote:
I was doing a bit of SWLing this afternoon on the way home from work
and happened to catch "The Real Amateur Radio Show" (hosted by the
TimTron, WA1HLR) on WBCQ - 7415 khz.

From what I gathered, the folks at WBCQ donate airtime to Tim for

his

Old March 19th 05, 12:44 AM
Mr. Obvious

Tim....PAY FOR ANYTHING?

Yagotta B. Joking...

(No offense to 'HLR if he stumbles across this thread...heh...)

He's not laying anything out-of-pocket for his show, and regularly
solicits for contributors and guest hosts.

Give the man a call.

Old March 19th 05, 03:01 AM
N9OGL

Most shortwave stations want a fee for airtime....I looked into in the
past....Oh good ol' WBCQ, started out back in the 80's as a pirate
radio station and now is a licensed FCC station.

todd N9OGL

Old March 20th 05, 01:48 AM
robert casey

But that would go against Wannabe Rule Number One which is that one
must do it for oneself, even if it is much cheaper or much more
legal to use purchased or donated airtime.

--

Yes, but most people outgrow the pirate radio bug in college.
If it's $100 an hour, and the FCC fines are around $11K, that
Old March 20th 05, 03:45 AM
carlong

"robert casey" wrote in message
hlink.net...

But that would go against Wannabe Rule Number One which is that one
must do it for oneself, even if it is much cheaper or much more
legal to use purchased or donated airtime.

--

Yes, but most people outgrow the pirate radio bug in college.
If it's $100 an hour, and the FCC fines are around $11K, that
would buy you 110 hours of legal air time in the BC SW station.
And have better coverage. Few pirates can muster 50KW of RF.

Recent fs mx indicate the 3965 pirate was running close to 50kw
while he was simo on 6684 kHz.

Old March 20th 05, 06:03 AM
Bathrooman

I'll stick with were I'm at.

What the ****??? I'll stick with were I'm at. Where were you at to
begin with??? Creating a new invention in the toilet bowl???

Old March 20th 05, 06:13 AM
N9OGL

Bathrooman wrote:
I'll stick with were I'm at.

What the ****??? I'll stick with were I'm at. Where were you at to
begin with??? Creating a new invention in the toilet bowl???

NO DOING YOU MAMA...

Old March 20th 05, 06:13 AM
N9OGL

Bathrooman wrote:
I'll stick with were I'm at.

What the ****??? I'll stick with were I'm at. Where were you at to
begin with??? Creating a new invention in the toilet bowl???

NO DOING YOUR MAMA...