Old July 1st 05, 11:56 AM

Default 100th Anniversary of KPH - Night of Nights VI - Inauguration of KSM

http://www.radiomarine.org/NofN-6.html

73 de Jim, N2EY

Old July 1st 05, 11:26 PM
bb

http://www.radiomarine.org/NofN-6.html

73 de Jim, N2EY

How interesting.

Old July 2nd 05, 12:20 AM
Dan/W4NTI

"bb" wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:
http://www.radiomarine.org/NofN-6.html

73 de Jim, N2EY

How interesting.

Your just jealous that you can't copy it.

Dan/W4NTI

Old July 2nd 05, 02:49 AM
an_old_friend

Dan/W4NTI wrote:
"bb" wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:
http://www.radiomarine.org/NofN-6.html

73 de Jim, N2EY

How interesting.

Your just jealous that you can't copy it.

Why should he be I suspect he could copy it if wants. I suspect I could
if I cared

Lets see I have HF capplable radio, and a PC ya I can likely copy it

Dan/W4NTI

Old July 2nd 05, 10:40 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"an_old_friend" wrote in message
oups.com...

Dan/W4NTI wrote:
"bb" wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:
http://www.radiomarine.org/NofN-6.html

73 de Jim, N2EY

How interesting.

Your just jealous that you can't copy it.

Why should he be I suspect he could copy it if wants. I suspect I could
if I cared

Lets see I have HF capplable radio, and a PC ya I can likely copy it

Dan/W4NTI

What is the PC for? To download instructions on how to operate the HF
radio? Surely not for copying Morse, right?

Dan/W4NTI

Old July 2nd 05, 11:01 PM
an_old_friend

Dan/W4NTI wrote:
"an_old_friend" wrote in message
oups.com...

Dan/W4NTI wrote:
"bb" wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:
http://www.radiomarine.org/NofN-6.html

73 de Jim, N2EY

How interesting.

Your just jealous that you can't copy it.

Why should he be I suspect he could copy it if wants. I suspect I could
if I cared

Lets see I have HF capplable radio, and a PC ya I can likely copy it

Dan/W4NTI

What is the PC for? To download instructions on how to operate the HF
radio? Surely not for copying Morse, right?

To copy the morse. saw a lovely demstration of it on FD,

Indeed with the cw trafic I saw this year on 6m I have been encouraged
to added such a cappicaty and switch between 6m vioce and 6m cw next
year for FD

Dan/W4NTI

Old July 3rd 05, 02:30 AM
b.b.

Dan/W4NTI wrote:
"an_old_friend" wrote in message
oups.com...

Dan/W4NTI wrote:
"bb" wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:
http://www.radiomarine.org/NofN-6.html

73 de Jim, N2EY

How interesting.

Your just jealous that you can't copy it.

Why should he be I suspect he could copy it if wants. I suspect I could
if I cared

Lets see I have HF capplable radio, and a PC ya I can likely copy it

Dan/W4NTI

What is the PC for? To download instructions on how to operate the HF
radio? Surely not for copying Morse, right?

Dan/W4NTI

Ha! You old fharts. I suppose the Op at KPH is going to send code so
poorly that a runny nosed Technician with a computer won't be able to
copy it. Sounds like W0EX.

Old July 4th 05, 02:32 AM
Dan/W4NTI

"b.b." wrote in message
oups.com...

Dan/W4NTI wrote:
"an_old_friend" wrote in message
oups.com...

Dan/W4NTI wrote:
"bb" wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:
http://www.radiomarine.org/NofN-6.html

73 de Jim, N2EY

How interesting.

Your just jealous that you can't copy it.

Why should he be I suspect he could copy it if wants. I suspect I could
if I cared

Lets see I have HF capplable radio, and a PC ya I can likely copy it

Dan/W4NTI

What is the PC for? To download instructions on how to operate the HF
radio? Surely not for copying Morse, right?

Dan/W4NTI

Ha! You old fharts. I suppose the Op at KPH is going to send code so
poorly that a runny nosed Technician with a computer won't be able to
copy it. Sounds like W0EX.

With present licensing requirements I would say that is a 100 guaranteed.

Dan/W4NTI

Old July 4th 05, 03:02 AM
an_old_friend

Dan/W4NTI wrote:
"b.b." wrote in message
oups.com...

Dan/W4NTI wrote:
"an_old_friend" wrote in message
oups.com...

Dan/W4NTI wrote:
"bb" wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:
http://www.radiomarine.org/NofN-6.html

73 de Jim, N2EY

How interesting.

Your just jealous that you can't copy it.

Why should he be I suspect he could copy it if wants. I suspect I could
if I cared

Lets see I have HF capplable radio, and a PC ya I can likely copy it

Dan/W4NTI

What is the PC for? To download instructions on how to operate the HF
radio? Surely not for copying Morse, right?

Dan/W4NTI

Break

Ha! You old fharts. I suppose the Op at KPH is going to send code so
poorly that a runny nosed Technician with a computer won't be able to
copy it. Sounds like W0EX.

With present licensing requirements I would say that is a 100 guaranteed.

Well if the present licensing guarantee that the morse is going to be
so badly sent that it can't be read by computer then Morse Code is dead
and lets finsih the burial

of course you don't realy belive that Dan

Dan/W4NTI

Old July 4th 05, 04:23 AM
Phil Kane

On 3 Jul 2005 19:02:11 -0700, an_old_friend wrote:

Ha! You old fharts. I suppose the Op at KPH is going to send code so
poorly that a runny nosed Technician with a computer won't be able to
copy it. Sounds like W0EX.

With present licensing requirements I would say that is a 100 guaranteed.

Well if the present licensing guarantee that the morse is going to be
so badly sent that it can't be read by computer then Morse Code is dead
and lets finsih the burial

The ops at KPH/KSM are all either former station ops from there or
experienced shipboard radio operators, all holding Radiotelegraph
Operator Second or First Class Certificates. The "wheel" (VVV
tapes) will of course be used until traffic is to be passed.

If and when they switch to K6KPH on the ham bands (using drastically-
lowered transmitter power - 1.5 KW rather than the 15 KW that those
transmitters were built to deliver) the ops - same guys and ladies -
will be those who also hold FCC Radio Amateur licenses.

They will have no problem with sending clean Morse.

--
73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane
Fly-on-the-wall MRHS (KPH/KSM/K6KPH)