Old July 27th 05, 08:03 PM
John Smith

Default K1MAN PA means Pending Action, what happened Blapster ???

Lloyd:

What are you claiming as evidence for this claim, in your own words, "you are
not supposed to be posting binary files in regular news groups..." ????

John

"Lloyd" wrote in message
On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 01:30:47 GMT, Dan/W4NTI wrote:
***458 lines of crap snipped***

you are not supposed to be posting binary files in regular news groups
and your ISP has a policy against that so you are voilating your TOS.
you go around and call everyone else stupid and then do a real dumb
thing which has never been alowed in regular news groups since the net
was born. go back to your ancient cw because you shure as hell dont
know squat about modren things like the net. you should live in
glendale or in taylorville.

Old July 27th 05, 10:18 PM
John Smith

commander:

I am not asking what you think "usenet convention" is, I am saying it is more
than ok to uuencode binary and post it...

Show me an official document by a legal representative of usenet or go away...

John

"Cmdr Buzz Corey" wrote in message
John Smith wrote:
Lloyd:

What are you claiming as evidence for this claim, in your own words, "you
are not supposed to be posting binary files in regular news groups..." ????

John

It is against Usenet convention to post binary files to non-binary groups.
That is why binary groups were invented. Binary files are usually very large
should not be posted to regular news groups as these groups are archived
forever. The binary groups are purged ever so often, so it isn't prudent to
archive large binary files in regular newsgroups.

Old July 27th 05, 10:39 PM
an_old_friend

Cmdr Buzz Corey wrote:
John Smith wrote:
Lloyd:

What are you claiming as evidence for this claim, in your own words, "you are
not supposed to be posting binary files in regular news groups..." ????

John

It is against Usenet convention to post binary files to non-binary

convention not some sort of rule if there is a reason I see no reason
not to post a binary here on occasion just not a whole seris of them
after all it can hardly be more wasted bandwidth than we see here daily

Old July 27th 05, 10:42 PM
John Smith

Yes, well, we are not asking that you give us a set of rules to live under
either...

John

"an_old_friend" wrote in message
oups.com...

Old July 27th 05, 10:46 PM
John Smith

Funny thing:

Amateur "control freaks" damn near reduced radio to where no one is left on the
HF bands though there imposing ridiculous tests and rules... now they are right
there at the door of the internet attempting to reproduce this miracle of
destruction...

.... get a clue, we were fine here before cheap computers, the un-washed-masses
and amateurs!

John

Old July 27th 05, 11:28 PM
John Smith

.... through their...

even, damn my typos!

John

Old July 28th 05, 12:03 AM
an_old_friend

John Smith wrote:
Funny thing:

Amateur "control freaks" damn near reduced radio to where no one is left on the
HF bands though there imposing ridiculous tests and rules... now they are right
there at the door of the internet attempting to reproduce this miracle of
destruction...

... get a clue, we were fine here before cheap computers, the un-washed-masses
and amateurs!

John

shudder the though John you and I are in complete and total agreement

Old July 28th 05, 12:42 AM
robert casey

John Smith wrote:

Lloyd:

What are you claiming as evidence for this claim, in your own words, "you are
not supposed to be posting binary files in regular news groups..." ????

Similar to informal band plans, by gentlemen's agreements
no binary file posting on non binary file newsgroups.
"Binary" newsgroups are usually marked "alt.binaries.whatever"
Old July 28th 05, 12:57 AM
John Smith

Robert:

I am aware that it would be "tacky" to start hundreds of binaries flowing in
the group here.

However, a uuencoded/decoded binary of pics of an op, shack, equip, antenna,
object or place of interest, etc only enhances the newsgroup experience...

But don't even get the idea these old farts are fooling me, they couldn't
uuencode a binary and post it if their lives depended on it... and even if the
pic was a hot mama in a thong--they'd die before uudecoding/seeing the pic!
grin

John

"robert casey" wrote in message
ink.net...