Old June 25th 05, 03:13 AM
I AmnotGeorgeBush

Default Petition to Deny Renewal to K1MAN

From: (policy-ham)
Do any of you know about this on line petition

to the fcc to stop them from renewing the ham

license of K1MAN? I found it on eham.net.

L.L.
Petition to Deny Renewal to K1MAN:
Brian (K3VR) on June 15, 2005
By now, you've probably heard that K1MAN has received a large NAL (fine)
from the FCC, for Broadcasting, Wilful Interference, Lack of Station
Control, Failure to File Required Information, and Pecuniary Interest.
Even if K1MAN were to pay this NAL, there is no guarantee that his
obnoxious behavior will change. If he were to lose his license, and yet
still continue to transmit, at least the Government could seize his
equipment.
The fact is, K1MAN has received lots of letters from the FCC over the
years and nothing to date has stopped his trashing of Amateur Radio. For
this reason, I believe he should permanently lose his license to
transmit over amateur radio.
As it happens, K1MAN's license is due to expire on October 17th. The FCC
already has a procedure in place where we, and the rest of the listening
public, can make our voices heard regarding K1MAN's license renewal.
I propose we use the FCC's standard procedures to file what's known as a
"Formal Petition to Deny Renewal." Basically, the petition would be
signed by all of us who believe K1MAN's license should NOT be renewed.
As it happens, there is a website being written right now to accomplish
this task. The "Petition to Deny License Renewal to K1MAN" is in the
process of being written by Keith Lamonica (W7DXX).
Based on K1MAN's on-air behavior, we will ask that the FCC not renew
K1MAN's license this fall. I've already begun collecting comments.
All you need to do is indicate in writing, that you believe K1MAN's
amateur radio licenses should NOT be renewed.
Referencing his NAL letter, send your comments to:
Brian Crow
2550 Mosside Blvd
Suite 212
Monroeville, PA
15146
Include your comment in favor of the petition to deny license renewal to
K1MAN, along with your name, callsign, address, signature, and a daytime
phone number for verification.
Your comments will be submitted to the FCC along with the petition. Even
a postcard with the required information will do it. If you have a lot
to say, send me a letter.
Please join me in supporting this Formal Petition to Deny License
Renewal to K1MAN. We need YOUR comments!
The website and petition, now in progress of being completed, is located
at:
http://www.no2k1man.com/
Thanks for your support!

_
I don't know who k1man is but as soon as someone plays the "we need to
silence him" card, I'm inclined to take the opposite position. In fact,
I'm going to write my own letter to the FCC and telephone with my
personal thoughts. Perhaps if this k1man was going to hire an attorney,
a defense contribution fund could be set up. I'd send the first dollar.
Each time the post is made by the crybaby in Monroeville near the
Miracle Mile, the defense fund address should also be posted. Now,,what
exactly did this k1man person, do? And what the hell is it with people
in Pennsylvania regarding radio and the internet always wanting to get
in other people's business?

Old June 25th 05, 06:02 AM
Scott in Baltimore

http://www.fcc.gov/eb/FieldNotices/2...-259301A1.html