Old August 1st 05, 06:37 PM
PromaBoss

blimey someone understanding my posts its a miracle

as said i dont want to denigrste the hard work and achievements of fully
licensed hams,just see the need for a more fun less or unlicensed side again
like pmr446 using low power

in rest of eurrope you have such a band of 69 channels in middle of
70cms,and indeed some people use such in uk already,males sense to allow its
use in UK

trouble is of course 70 cms is MOD as well of course and they are rspidly
taking more and more spectrum for barracks/us bases and other high sec
location

regards,pAUL
"John Smith" wrote in message
PB:

In reading your post, I was able to get the gist of it...

You are on the right track there... "fixes" are now being applied, have
patience, the "berlin wall of radio" begins to fall...

John

"PromaBoss" wrote in message
thats whjy i beleive in a free system for those who dont wish ot build or
repair

legailse 2 metres/70cms maybe only single freqs not repeaters for anyone
who wants to,a licence to purchased but no need to learn morse and other
things,so ok still a liocence nbut make it easier

then the other liocences for those who require more.

and why insult cbers all the time again i have known many a good cber and
many a bad one

seems like you want to just have ham radio to a few in th clique

things will change regardlss OFCOM really does not want the hassle of
loking after any two way radio,least alon ameteur,it wants more of a free
for all on all bands.

i disagree with much of OFCOMS ideas but ham radio ifd its going to
survive needs to welcome more people regardless of abackgoind and
abiklities

i fail to see why i should know how to put an aerail together or solder
something when all i want to do[not really just hypothetixcally] is speak
into it to contact someone else.

"Polymath" wrote in message
Ham Radio has a well-regarded position in society as the
nest from which the engineers of the country fledge; but
what is its position today; and, do we wish to do anything
about that tradition?

1. We have a privileged position in that we are authorised both
to make and also to operate our own transmitters. No-one else has the
privileges of both and hence we are in a unique position. Do we wish
to preserve this status quo, or, are we happy that our numbers
are increasingly over-run by CB types, by which category I mean those
who buy their rigs ready-made off-the-shelf and even send them back
when minor repairs are needed?

2. Ham Radio has traditions of international gentlemanliness, but you
might
think otherwise from reading these NG. The foul-mouthed infantile temper
tantrum is an increasing problem, and, as such, it reflects badly upon
us. Do
we wish this to continue, or should we set ourselves firmly apart from
such people AND REFUSE EVEN TO DISCOURSE WITH THEM,
THESE CHILDISH BROADCASTERS (CBERS), IN THESE NG?

3. The self-styled "national" society, in Britland at least, is going
through a
financial crisis as the _REAL_ Radio Hams leave in their droves when
faced
with an influx of what can only be described as CBers. (How else can you
describe
a 6-year-old licensee who does not have the mathematical skill set to
deal with decimals, let alone the elementary transpositions that are
necessary
to deal with Ohm's Law?). Do we wish to have a society that represents
the
technical aficionado that is the _REAL_ Radio Ham?

In short, do we simply stand by whilst the Mongolian Hordes of
Ne'er-Do-Wells
destroy what we and out predecessors have setup?

Old August 1st 05, 10:47 PM
Jock. -

On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 17:37:56 GMT, "PromaBoss" wrote:

blimey someone understanding my posts its a miracle

Not at all easy!

As I said I don't want to denigrate the hard work and achievements of fully
licensed hams, just see the need for a more or less unlicensed side again
like pmr446 using low power

Then use PMR446. What's the problem?

73 de Jock.
--

It is impossible to lick your elbow.
Old August 1st 05, 11:06 PM
ZZZZPK

"John Smith" wrote:

: Reg:
:
: AMEN!
:
: A call to arms where sword, shield and steed are called upon to defend the
: honor.... nothing heats the blood better than the toss of a gauntlet!

theres never an anonymous chicken with a dodgy keyboard around to check
the spelling when you need one !

Old August 1st 05, 11:07 PM
ZZZZPK

Jock. - wrote:

:
: Then use PMR446. What's the problem?

theres no dx on 446....
Old August 2nd 05, 12:09 AM
Reg Edwards

Dear John,

Really now, should you be encouraging me to make outrageous
statements?
----
Yours, Reg

Old August 2nd 05, 12:35 AM
John Smith

Reg:

My mother used to know the right words to bring me to my senses, she must
have told ya how to do it...

Naaa, just poking a bit of fun Reg (just wish more of these guys had a
darn sense of humor!), darn amateurs here are more afraid of
CB'ers than California DiamondBack Rattlesnakes or Black Widow Spiders.
Some of those "good 'old buddies" are a hoot, quite fun to chat with
actually.

Warmest regards,
John