Old August 19th 05, 03:43 AM

Frank Gilliland wrote:
On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 01:31:42 -0700, Frank Gilliland
wrote in
:
On 15 Aug 2005 01:17:59 -0700, "K4YZ" wrote in
s.com:
Frank Gilliland wrote:
On 14 Aug 2005 18:55:44 -0700,
wrote=
in
. com:

He can't. He slipped up one day and said that he was in seven hos=

tile
actions, so everything has been hush hush since then. Len did a n=

ice
expose with respect to Steve's age and the possible periods of ser=

vice,
and it didn't add up to seven events. In-Your-Face about absolute=

ly
everything else, Steve has yet to set the record straight. Stolen
Valor comes to mind.

I googled a few of his posts. "281.6" isn't a USMC MOS...(SNIP)

What ever you were "Googling", Frank, it wasn't one of MY posts.

All of my MOS's except one started 63xx or 66xx. 8981 was the
fifth.
Most likely you hit one of Lennie's posts wherein he cited one of
his 1950's era MOS's...

Yep. It's been a long day.

I now see the source of my confusion -- those posts would have been a
lot easier to read (i.e, figure out who said what) if you had learned
a little earlier about the standard newsgroup quoting protocol (using
an arrow, , at the beginning of a quoted line).

Steve is quite adept at using arrows. For example, this is one of his
gems:

"MARS IS AMATEUR RADIO"

Now that I have your posts figured out, I see that you do (or did)
tend to brag quite a bit about being a Marine. Hey, I do it myself.
But out here with the civilian crowd it's much easier to speak in
reference to subjects that -they- are familiar with -- the USMC -not-
being one of them. When you cram your military service down their
throats, many of them see it as having an elitist attitude. It's not
your fault, it's not their fault. Wanna blame somebody? Blame the
government -- they tell the military to recruit kids, culture-shock
them into hard-core killing machines, then when their service is
completed dump them back into the civilian population without any sort
of de-programming or re-integration phase.

But Steve claims he's had therapy in conjunction with his early release
from active duty...

He'll deny it today, but he's claimed it in the past.

It's not so suprising that
there are a disproportionate number of homeless people that are vets
when you realize that most of them simply never adjusted to civilian
life.....

Anyway, I'm done ranting. Looks like you have been in a flame war with
this guy for over seven years..... do you actually enjoy it? Do you
think you are winning? Or haven't you ever heard of a killfile?

Steve has been in flame wars with multitudes of amateurs and one
professional. Most have grown tired of the harrassment, and have left
the group. It is his reason for being.

But he can't make me leave.