RadioBanter

-   -   Laying Waste to Frank Of Silliland's Silliness (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/77004-laying-waste-frank-sillilands-silliness.html)

John Smith August 29th 05 12:53 AM

Len:

Let me see LID, you mean "Licensed IDiot" ???

John

From: K0HB on Aug 28, 1:31 pm

wrote

[sorry, Brian, I know you like Kehler, but he was NOT kind,
gracious, or anything else civil to me...as old archives show]

That's why a lot of folks like him.

Absolutely...even when he wrote the following:

"HAM RADIO OPERATORS ARE INTROVERTS - In most cases, FACT. It's
much easier to speak your mind on the 75 meter Goober net than
it is to stand up in front of a group of real people and do it.
Meeting a ham in person whom you've talked to on the air for a
long time is usually an eye opening (and sometimes heart
breaking) experience. Most times you'll find that the mental
image you've created of a person you haven't met gets shattered
when you do finally meet them. If you've been talking to John
Wayne on the radio and you're finally going to meet him at the
flea market, don't get your hopes up. In years gone by, hams
fell into a few well known categories - A1 Ops, Lids, Kids, and
Space Cadets. Today those categories have changed. Most hams
can be classified into one of three commonly found groups -
Freaks, Jerks, and Wierdos."

[quoted direct from some beloved opinion at
http://kh2d.net]

So, Hans, which one are you? Freak, Jerk, or Weirdo? :-)

[email protected] August 29th 05 01:35 AM

K=D8HB wrote:
wrote

[sorry, Brian, I know you like Kehler, but he was NOT kind,
gracious, or anything else civil to me...as old archives show]

That's why a lot of folks like him.

73, de Hans, K0HB

I like Jim regardless. Hope he's doing OK.

I even like Hans, even though he's misguided at times. Hope he's
taking good care of Billy Beeper, got his immunizations up to date,
enrolled in private schools, etc.

[email protected] August 29th 05 01:55 AM

John Smith wrote:
HHAE:

There you have it. One of the simplest, most ridiculous things I have
ever seen, if you don't like the message--attack the messenger...

... and he never seems to tire of the same simple game!

John

I'm suprised that he isn't employed in a box-folding factory.

[email protected] August 29th 05 02:02 AM

Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:

wrote:

From: on Aug 25, 2:42 pm

K4YZ wrote:

Dave Heil wrote:

Frank Gilliland wrote:

Hey, that's a neat idea! I gotta do that, keep it right next to my
Blue Nose card.

What kind of guy carries a copy of his DD-214 around with him?

The same kind of guy that I try to avoid being...the loud mouth at
the end of the bar telling everyone how he stormed the beaches...Laguna
Beach...Redondo Beach...Panama Beach...

You don't mind one bit bing the RRAP loudmouth. Always waving your
arms and claiming, "Liar, Liar Pants on Fiar!"

Tsk, tsk, tsk...Dudly kept talking about his "seven hostile actions"
and implying he was in the thick of them.

I've never bragged about being IN any hostile actions. If fact,
Jimmie Noserve took me to task about being a "rear-area" type.
I guess all those books he read (to become an expert on warfare)
didn't tell him that NOBODY got to "choose" where they were
assigned. Nonetheless, I got to work real HF radio communications
for three years in a 24/7 radio station...even living IN a two
square mile antenna field for a while. [many more antennas
there than overweight "scampering" Davie can possibly put up]

Just as they have not permitted you to comment about "amateur" radio
because you hold no license, NoServers may not comment about the
military.

Hold on, Sparky. Len has commented here at great length and on many,
many occasions.

And what has Jim's response been to Len's comments?

It has been quite varied and quite mild considering Len's typical
insulting demeanor. What Jim hasn't done is to prevent or attempt to
prevent Len from making those comments.

The PCTA, including Jim Miccolis/N2EY, immediately set upon
discrediting Len's comments and opinions.

Correct. Questioning or discrediting is not what you claimed. What you
said was that Len wasn't permitted to comment. You were incorrect.

We were instructed to discard Len's comments.

In the end, if they cannot
lay waste to Len's comments with rational argument(s)...

I've seen any number of Len's comments made to look like the product of
one who has little experience.

As Len has questioned your net control capabilities.

...they claim that
his opinions are simply no good because Len isn't a ham.

Sometimes Len's opinions are no good because they are issued because he
has no experience in amateur radio. Sometimes his opinions are no good
because they are the rantings of a geezer with an ax to grind. Often,
he makes factual errors and there have been numerous times when he
deliberately fabricates.

You want us to believe that all of Len's comments are to be discarded.

David Heil/K8MN is a primary culprit in that tactic, but Jim has used it as
well.

Oh no, I've by no means been "a primary culprit", but I have
participated over a period of years.

Can you guess how many times you've commented that Len isn't an amateur
radio operator?

Len isn't involved in amateur
radio. He wraps himself in bunting and writes of his Constitutional
rights of free speech and to petition his government. Well, he has done
those things. Nothing on this planet can prevent me from lauging at him
or ridiculing him or his ideas.

Nor him you.

Len writes of being denigrated or
insulted by those who do not agree with his him but he often insults and
denigrates those who have the opposite point of view.

Perhaps Len is correct to do so.

He is quick to tell others that they are not discussing amateur radio
policy,

Get a clue, he's giving it back to you. He's been told that he is not
an amateur radio operator and should be here. This is a place only of
amateurs and amateur things.

then he goes on a multi-post rant having everything to do with
personalities and nothing to do with amateur radio.

Have you ever thought of reigning in Robeson? When you do, get back to
me about Len and we'll talk some more.

You, of course, are Len's little electrolytic acolyte.

Dave K8MN

And you are the World Famous DXer that works out of band Frenchmen on 6
Meters.

Frank Gilliland August 29th 05 02:39 AM

On 28 Aug 2005 11:09:07 -0700, "
wrote in
.com:

snip
http://www.icehouse.net/wirenut/dogtag.jpg

I downloaded your previous three images. Now I know what a
"bluenose" is! :-)

Hit the tropics on ship and you become a "Turtleback".

Please tell me what a "TT" is...it is unfamiliar to one who has
never been to the Middle East.

That is a telephone token. The telephones in Israel didn't take money
because the inflation rate was super high -- when we arrived in the
spring the "moneychangers" rate was 200 sheckles to the dollar, and on
our last visit in July it was 600 per dollar. And to think people here
get upset if the inflation rate rises above 5%.....

Frank Gilliland August 29th 05 03:43 AM

On 28 Aug 2005 05:54:46 -0700, "K4YZ" wrote in
.com:

Frank Gilliland wrote:
On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 13:23:00 GMT, Dave Heil wrote
in et:

Okay. Maybe you're a slow learner or perhaps you just have no sense of
remorse. You told us that you weren't a model Marine.

Feel free to speculate all you want about my service.

It's not speculation...You were incompetent.

Quite the contrary, Dudly: my proficiency marks were consistently
high; it was my conduct marks that took a couple nose-dives.

But there's one big difference between me and Dudly
that you can't seem to comprehend: I'm telling the truth. And that's
something I am most definitely proud to admit.

So, the truth is, according to you, that Steve isn't a Marine or that
he's lying. That's an assumption made by you and you've offered no
proof, just accusations.

You haven't been paying attention, Dave. I tossed out several tidbits
of info that he would know if his claim was true, but he tripped up
and proved that he knew -nothing- of what I was talking about.

Bull. Just plain bull.

Yada, yada, yada. See below.

Now what I don't understand is why you are so passionate about Dudly
when this discussion has absolutely nothing to do with you. Is he your
butt-buddy? Or are you afraid that you are next in line to be exposed
as a military imposter? Why is his business -your- business, Dave?

I challenge you to expose me as a "military imposter", Frank. Make it
your life's work. As far as your last comment: read up on how usenet
works. After all, how did Steve's business become *your business*?

I see you missed that part, too. I was in here on a totally different
issue when someone mentioned that Dudly was a Marine. So I asked him
when he served and what units he was with -- a really simple question.
Heck, it's not like I was asking him his SSN or something. But that's
the way he acted. Up went the red flag. Ever since then he's been
tripping over his tongue and frothing like a rabid dog.

Now that I have answered -your- question, just why are you defending
him with such passion?

So far you've "proved" nothing except that YOUR trivia isn't
necessarilly someone elses, and even then you've so grossly discredited
yourself as to make ANY argument lost.

Wrong again, Dudly. Neither of my disciplinary actions resulted in my
discharge. I fulfilled the full term of my contract. But after two
court-martials my conduct marks were just one tenth of a point too low
for an honorable discharge so I got a "General under Honorable". And
here is where I know that your claim to have upgraded your discharge
is bull**** -- because I -did- upgrade my discharge. (Warning: long
story.....)

Back in early '85 I injured my knee on a forced march. The corpsman
wrote me a light-duty chit that was to stay in effect until I could
get to the mainside (Lejeune proper) hospital to have it checked out.
But before that could happen we were to go on a field-op. Since I was
on light-duty I wasn't supposed to go on the op, but the shop chief
(comm shop, not the tech shop) took the chit, put it in his desk and
ordered me to go anyway. Since the chain of command was already in the
field I couldn't request mast, so I refused the order. He then ordered
me to serve on mess duty while awaiting office hours, which I also
refused (since I was supposed to be on light-duty). The result was a
summary court-martial, a month in the brig and reduction back down to
private. And a big hit on my conduct marks.

Shortly afterwards I was transferred to 2nd AAV where I was finally
allowed to get my knee examined at the hospital. Being an RN and/or
LPN you should probably know what a torn lateral -and- medial meniscus
means -- pain! Simple orthoscopic surgury fixed it up right as rain.
And it also vindicated me of the shop chief's "indiscretion" (as it
was called in his reprimand).

So after I got my 'general' discharge I challenged my conduct marks
based on getting shafted by 3/8's shop chief and won. In the process I
learned quite a bit about how a discharge is upgraded; i.e, a general
discharge cannot be upgraded to honorable unless there are mitigating
circumstances -- circumstances such as mine -- that caused the wrong
discharge to be issued. You can't get it upgraded just by asking, for
being a good citizen after your discharge, or for any other reasons
not related to having been given the wrong discharge.

Now a medical discharge is also a "general under honorable" discharge.
If you wanted to upgrade -your- discharge then you would have to show
that the reasons for your general discharge were wrong; which, in your
case, is utterly ridiculous since the reasons were medical. You even
went one step further and claimed that you are "USMC Retired", which
is absolutely impossible unless you served your full 20 years, which
you couldn't possibly do if you had been discharged prior to 20 years
for medical reasons. And it's impossible for you to have taken two
full years of terminal leave since a) you would have had to serve 24
years without taking -any- leave, and b) they didn't permit anyone to
accumulate more than 90 days leave on the books -- you either use it
or lose it.

So all those claims of yours about your discharge are completely
bogus, Dudly. They have absolutely no foundation in reality.

Loser. Hoser. Poser.

That's Frank of Silliland.

Coming from a retired Marine Corps gunny, that's pathetic. If you are
going to continue this "truth-by-repitition" charade then at least get
someone to ghost-write your posts so you don't sound like a 3rd grade
dropout.

Frank Gilliland August 29th 05 03:51 AM

On 28 Aug 2005 06:13:18 -0700, "K4YZ" wrote in
.com:

Frank Gilliland wrote:
On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 20:34:14 -0700, Cmdr Buzz corey
wrote in :

Frank Gilliland wrote:

Well, I'll tell ya, Dave -- I have absolutely no regrets about
anything I did in the Marines,

But the Marines probably do.

What's this..... tag-team flame wars?

Well, Sparky, you're the one who lit this one.

I see you've been swimming in google-juice. Do you want a list of the
other names/emails I've used for usenet?

I've given references to PUBLIC sources to verify my service, yet
you continue ot try and diminish my serivce.

Public sources prove nothing -- they are just a source of information
to be used for identity theft.

HOWEVER, for what ever pea-brained reason you thought it pertinent
to do so, you have PROVEN to us that YOU were incapable of honoring
your contract with the Marines.

And again you are mistaken -- the USMC didn't honor it's contract with
ME, which is what led to my -first- court-martial. Do you want to hear
that story, too?

Sucks to be you, non-rate.

Aw, gee, that hurts, Dudly. It's too bad that you get an intrinsic
reward from your false sense of superiority, but that's just a typical
symptom of your narcissistic personality disorder. Like I suggested
before, get some help.

Dave Heil August 29th 05 03:57 AM

From: on Aug 28, 8:18 am

Dave Heil wrote:

wrote:

From: on Aug 25, 2:42 pm

K4YZ wrote:

Dave Heil wrote:

Frank Gilliland wrote:

Just as they have not permitted you to comment about "amateur" radio
because you hold no license, NoServers may not comment about the
military.

Hold on, Sparky. Len has commented here at great length and on many,
many occasions.

[...and I will continue to do so, regardless of control freaks
who attempt to silence those against them...]

That's nice, Len. Who attempted to silence you? Have you told anyone
to shut up or leave the newsgroup? :-) :-)

And what has Jim's response been to Len's comments?

It has been quite varied and quite mild considering Len's typical
insulting demeanor.

Oh, my! "typical insulting demeanor?" Davie is above such
things? Not by all the archives in Google! :-)

Yes, Len, your typical insulting demeanor. You know, the one which
brought about the creation of Jim's apropos profile of your likely actions:

N2EY: "Besides, here's a simple, plain fact:

No matter what job, educational level, employer, or
government/military service that a radio amateur has, if said radio
amateur opposes Mr. Anderson's views, he/she will be the target of Mr.
Anderson's insults, ridicule, name-calling, factual errors, ethnic
slurs, excessive emoticons and general infantile behavior."

What Jim hasn't done is to prevent or attempt to

prevent Len from making those comments.

Right now, there's not a damn thing Jimmie can do about it...

Slow down and regroup, Len. Jim has done nothing to prevent you from
commenting to this newsgroup or to your government. Your rant is vapor.

The PCTA, including Jim Miccolis/N2EY, immediately set upon
discrediting Len's comments and opinions. In the end, if they cannot
lay waste to Len's comments with rational argument(s), they claim that
his opinions are simply no good because Len isn't a ham. David
Heil/K8MN is a primary culprit in that tactic, but Jim has used it as
well.

The PCTA have been bound and determined to keep morse code
purity in U.S. amateur radio IN ANY WAY THEY CAN...since back
in the 1990s and led by Jim Kehler, KH2D, an avowed PCTA.

Yes, by God, he's an AVOWED PCTA, heh heh. Those characters have tried
to retain morse testing "IN ANY WAY THEY CAN". Do you think they were
ever involved in kidnappings or dog poisonings?

[sorry, Brian, I know you like Kehler, but he was NOT kind,
gracious, or anything else civil to me...as old archives show]

As I recall, you never gave him any reasons to be kind, gracious or
civil toward you.

Heil's "argument" is that NO ONE UNLICENSED CAN POSSIBLY TALK
ANYTHING ABOUT AMATEUR RADIO POLICY. That is patently FALSE.

You're right. Your statement is patently false. You've written and
written and written and written. I've made no attempt to stop you from
writing. I've countered you. I've pointed out that you have no
standing in amateur radio. I've stated that you have no experience in
amateur radio. Those things are all true. I've laughed at you. I've
ridiculed you.

The FCC does not require any staff or Commissioners to hold
amateur radio license grants in order to REGULATE and ENFORCE
U.S. amateur radio.

That's great. You aren't with the FCC. You don't regulate or enforce
amateur radio. FCC staffers are paid to regulate and enforce amateur
radio.

You aren't a licensed radio amateur. You don't participate in amateur
radio.

You've commented to the FCC. The FCC is under no obligation to adopt
your ideas, agree with your comments or to take them seriously.

There is NO SUCH PROVISO forbidding U.S.
citizens from discussing ANY federal regulations or laws.

You've discussed. Many have laughed.

Heil says one MUST have a license, be a "participant" in amateur
radio in order to speak about it in any way.

There's one of your factual errors now. No, I've not stated such.
You've "spoken" if you want to consider a newsgroup posting or written
comments to the FCC as "speaking".

That is still
FALSE.

Your statement? Yes, it is.

Such would forbid newcomers from doing anything priod
to any test, to remain silent, to blindly accept anything about
law, regulation, or even "moral-ethical" issues. Heil wants
SHEEP who blindly accept HIS control/dictates/commands.

As inspirational reading goes, your statement is pretty b-a-a-a-a-d.

Diplomatic Dave seems to have completely MISSED what Department
of State uses as its primary tool in carrying out U.S. foreign
policy: Diplomacy.

I'll remember your words if you're ever declared a foreign country.

Dave is the antithesis of this as a
demanding dictator, a self-styled self-propelled tyrant who
forbids any opposite opinions from his.

You're getting confused again, old timer. I'm not the one who has told
others to shut up or leave a newsgroup. The person who did that would
be *you*.

Diplomatic Dave would
have us ALL throw out the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution
because HE doesn't like opinions contrary to his!

There, there. You *are* confused. You don't like opposite opinions and
you don't like anyone not taking your pontifications seriously. You
insult and denigrate. You tell others to shut up or to leave.

It's no wonder that U.S. amateur radio is stagnating in the
number of licensed amateurs with EXAMPLES of the "highest rank"
in amateurdom such as Heil.

Amateur radio isn't stagnating, Len. You continue to show that you
simply don't know much about it.

Dave K8MN

[email protected] August 29th 05 04:29 AM

From: on Aug 28, 6:02 pm

Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
From: on Aug 25, 2:42 pm
K4YZ wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
Frank Gilliland wrote:

The PCTA, including Jim Miccolis/N2EY, immediately set upon
discrediting Len's comments and opinions.

Correct. Questioning or discrediting is not what you claimed. What you
said was that Len wasn't permitted to comment. You were incorrect.

We were instructed to discard Len's comments.

In the end, if they cannot
lay waste to Len's comments with rational argument(s)...

I've seen any number of Len's comments made to look like the product of
one who has little experience.

As Len has questioned your net control capabilities.

Not quite true either side. I was citing Heil as a CONTROL FREAK
that he appears to be from all his postings to me. Evident to all.

I have experience in radio. A considerable amount. Most of it is
PROFESSIONAL radio...that kind that pays money for services
rendered.

Heil must not equate government employ in the Department of State
as "professional" yet he obviously got MONEY for that, PLUS living
expenses.

...they claim that
his opinions are simply no good because Len isn't a ham.

Sometimes Len's opinions are no good because they are issued because he
has no experience in amateur radio. Sometimes his opinions are no good
because they are the rantings of a geezer with an ax to grind. Often,
he makes factual errors and there have been numerous times when he
deliberately fabricates.

You want us to believe that all of Len's comments are to be discarded.

Heil doesn't like my commenting, therefore I am to be "discarded,"
discredited, demeaned, and some other "d" I can't think of. :-)

David Heil/K8MN is a primary culprit in that tactic, but Jim has used it as
well.

Oh no, I've by no means been "a primary culprit", but I have
participated over a period of years.

Can you guess how many times you've commented that Len isn't an amateur
radio operator?

He has a macro sentence generator for that. :-)

I've never said I had an amateur radio license. From day one in
here
I've stated that I do not. I have a Commercial radio license.

But, that constant repetition of "not having a license" masks Heil's
INABILITY to reply ON the subject of what he was challenged for. He
tries to wiggle out of a challenge by semi-denigrative, moral
something or others implying that I should NOT be posting in here.

Len isn't involved in amateur
radio. He wraps himself in bunting and writes of his Constitutional
rights of free speech and to petition his government. Well, he has done
those things. Nothing on this planet can prevent me from lauging at him
or ridiculing him or his ideas.

Nor him you.

Heil is a bundle of laughs. :-)

Len writes of being denigrated or
insulted by those who do not agree with his him but he often insults and
denigrates those who have the opposite point of view.

Perhaps Len is correct to do so.

Tsk tsk tsk. Heil thinks he has some special dispensation that
allows
him to insult others but others are "not permitted" to fire right
back
at him.

He is quick to tell others that they are not discussing amateur radio
policy,

Get a clue, he's giving it back to you. He's been told that he is not
an amateur radio operator and should be here. This is a place only of
amateurs and amateur things.

Supposedly. Lots of different things are discussed in here. One
such seems to be winding down: The one about evolution versus
creationists. All of radio hasn't been around more than 109 years
and fits NEITHER. :-)

then he goes on a multi-post rant having everything to do with
personalities and nothing to do with amateur radio.

Have you ever thought of reigning in Robeson? When you do, get back to
me about Len and we'll talk some more.

Heil must LIKE Dudly...because Dudly attacks me. Heil is living
vicariously, enjoying another personally-insult me. "An enemy of
an enemy is his friend" to slightly paraphrase an old folk saying.

Heil doesn't realize that Dudly's fraudulent behavior is HURTING
the image of U.S. amateur radio.

Miccolis can't rein-in Dudly. Hans Brakob couldn't hold him down.
Katapult Kellie doesn't seem to have tried either way. Jeswald
hasn't said much. NOT a good case for building a good image of
U.S. amateur radio to the public.

Dave Heil August 29th 05 04:53 AM

From: Dave Heil on Aug 28, 9:04 am

wrote:

Dave Heil wrote:

wrote:

From: on Aug 25, 2:42 pm

K4YZ wrote:

Dave Heil wrote:

Frank Gilliland wrote:

It has been quite varied and quite mild considering Len's typical
insulting demeanor. What Jim hasn't done is to prevent or attempt to
prevent Len from making those comments.

The PCTA, including Jim Miccolis/N2EY, immediately set upon
discrediting Len's comments and opinions.

Correct. Questioning or discrediting is not what you claimed. What you
said was that Len wasn't permitted to comment. You were incorrect.

Tsk, tsk, tsk...Heil sails the river denial again.

Denial, old bean? The words were there for everyone to read. Brian
claimed one thing and then rapidly backpedals to another position.

In the end, if they cannot
lay waste to Len's comments with rational argument(s)...

I've seen any number of Len's comments made to look like the product of
one who has little experience.

I have "little experience" in toadying up to self-styled
"masters of radio" who pretend to know the answers. I have
LOTS of experience in being around such. You are just one
more in a long line of self-assumed masters of radio.

There's one of your factual errors now, Len. I've never claimed to be a
master of radio. You wrote it. Then again, I never claimed to be a
radio god, but you told me that I was...and that I wasn't...and that I
was...and that I wasn't.

...they claim that
his opinions are simply no good because Len isn't a ham.

Sometimes Len's opinions are no good because they are issued because he
has no experience in amateur radio.

"No experience?" Is amateur radio different from all other radio?

Yes, it is.

Tsk, tsk. NO.

Ooops! There's another of your factual errors.

ALL radio is subject to the SAME physical laws.

Yep. If only amateur radio was simply about the physics of radio, you
might have had a point.

Only MAN-MADE laws differentiate "amateur radio" from all other
radio.

There's another of your factual errors. There are operating styles and
interests. There are, as you so like to point out, modes which are
quite popular in amateur radio but which see little use elsewhere. Any
number of things set amateur radio apart from other radio services.

Heil has NO EXPERIENCE in regulating radio, of controlling those
MAN-MADE laws. Ergo, Heil has NO EXPERIENCE in law-making policy
concerning radio!

My experience in such matters is pretty much equal to your own. I did
serve for two years as the president of the Botswana Amateur Radio
Society, the IARU voice of Botswana. Five, six or maybe seven of us got
together monthly and decided on whether to vote for or against admitting
the Croation or Ukrainian or such amateur radio society to the IARU.
Our vote carried the same weight as the JARL's or ARRL's.

To repeat: NOTHING in the laws establishing the FCC require any
staffer or Commissioner to hold an amateur radio license grant in
order to REGULATE U.S. amateur radio.

I'm not unclear on this, Len. I understand that you don't work for the
FCC, nor are you a radio amateur.

By Heil's reasoning, the
FCC has "no experience" in regulating amateur radio. Obviously
it does. Just as obviously, Heil's personal opinion is invalid
in reality.

I've told you and told you, FCC staffers *are paid to regulate,
adminster and enforce* amateur radio. It is their job. No one at the
DMV is required to have a driving license either. Yet those folks are
paid to handle motor vehicles matters within a state. Go figure.

Sometimes his opinions are no good
because they are the rantings of a geezer with an ax to grind.

"Geezer?" "Axe?" :-)

Yep. Geezer and ax.

That from a former employee of the U.S. government supposedly
involved in "diplomacy" who demands that all newcomers to
amateur radio test for skill in a 161-year-old primitive
communications code?

Yes, that. You, on the other hand, demand that morse testing be done
away with in an endeavor in which you play to role.

"Geezer:" Dictionary definition is "Noun, slang, an eccentric
olf man." Tsk, tsk, that applies to HEIL more than I. :-)

Not in any realistic sense, it doesn't. You're the "olf man" here.

Heil is NO youth.

It is all relative, Leonard. When you entered the military, I was
several years from entering primary school. You're "olfer" than me by
at least a decade-and-a-half.

His youth was left behind many years ago.

I can still remember it easily.

Heil keeps defending the "necessity" to test for morse code
skill for an amateur radio license.

Well, at least you've remembered that much. As I recall, you take the
opposite view.

The morse code test for
an amateur radio license has NEVER left U.S. amateur radio
regulations...a length of time longer than Heil has been
alive (71 years).

That's about the same length of time you've been around, isn't it?

Heil has shown NO valid reasons to retain
the code test in U.S. regulations; his main comments on that
is to act uncivilly to all who propose eliminating that code
test. That fits "eccentric" far more than my wishes to
eliminate the OLD, unnecessary morse code test.

There've been a number of good reasons advanced for retention of morse
testing. Your out-of-hand dismissal of them does not invalidate them.
You'd better be careful of advocating doing away with everything OLD and
unnecessary in the interests of self-preservation.

Heil fits the "geezer with a (blunt) axe" to grind far better
than I. He refuses any change, will not give in to progress
in regulations.

Change for change's sake does not define progress. Your claim that I
refuse to accept any change is another of your factual errors. I
quickly accepted the internet. I quickly made the move to digital
cameras. I embraced CD and DVD technology. Some change is good. Some
change is bad.

Often,
he makes factual errors and there have been numerous times when he
deliberately fabricates.

Nonsense. I do not "often make factual errors." Google archives
will show that.

They'll certainly show it. Be careful lest you find yourself eating
your own words.

I have NOT "fabricated" what I've said about beginning in HF radio
communications in (what I term) the "Big Leagues of Radio" over
a half century ago.

You might have stretched a bit in the "Big Leagues of Radio" department.
Tell us about what it is like to be under an artillery barrage.

I have NOT "fabricated" my personal references in experience in
radio. They are still alive and licensed radio amateurs.

They're licensed radio amateurs. You aren't.

I have NOT "fabricated" any of my work experience, have listed
my past employers in here. Anyone can check those out
independently.

I have no interest in chasing down your employment history. I haven't
that much interest in you.

Obviously one other in here HAS done considerable "fabrication."

It isn't obvious at all

I need NOT "fabricate" things with deliberate omissions of facts
in order to make a point...

You've made omissions and you've made additions. Like to see a few?

...nor do I need to "fabricate" opinions
of others who deliberately try to demean, denigrate, or insult
my person just because I have opinions different to them.

....or even because you first took to insulting others for their
opinions--the ones which were very different from yours.

I need
only refer to the overall history of radio-electronics available
to all who care to look. Not like the ARRL deliberately leaving
out other radio services activities in attempting to "prove" that
amateurs "pioneered all radio."

Your anti-ARRL, anti-radio amateur posts are easily found.

David Heil/K8MN is a primary culprit in that tactic, but Jim has used it as
well.

Oh no, I've by no means been "a primary culprit", but I have
participated over a period of years.

4,022 posts as of 25 August 2005 according to Google archives.

In number of posts to this newsgroup, your output vastly exceeds mine.
If we include your tendency to be windy and to pontificate and go by
word output, my contributions pale when compared to your own.

Len isn't involved in amateur radio.

Neither are any FCC staffers or Commissioners required to have
amateur radio license grants in order to REGULATE and ENFORCE
U.S. amateur radio.

Sunnuvagun!

Yep. You still don't get it, do you?

He wraps himself in bunting and writes of his Constitutional
rights of free speech and to petition his government.

I wear rather conventional clothing and eschew "bunting."

You're more apt to fabricate out of whole cloth and to chew bunting when
others point out your errors.

Yes, I am a citizen of the United States of America and choose
to exercise my RIGHTS (guaranteed under the Consitution) as I
see fit. Heil has a "problem" with that?

What was I called--a little feldwebel? Didn't you use that word and
tell me to shut up? Rights seem to be a one-way street with you.

Well, he has done those things.

Amazing observation. Heil has "monitored" ALL of my actions?

I don't know what inappropriate things you've done in all areas of your
life, Len. My interest in you doesn't extend so far. I just know about
those which have been manifested here.

He has a dossiere of what I have done? [wouldn't put it past
a control-freak to do that kind of "stalking"]

"Dossier", Len. Do you really believe there is a dossier on you?

Nothing on this planet can prevent me from lauging at him
or ridiculing him or his ideas.

Nothing in this universe can prevent ME from laughing right
back at the ultra-conservative geezer called Heil...and
exposing his dictatorial viewpoints on who is "allowed to
express themselves" in this free society.

You've expressed yourself. There is no Federal protection to prevent
you from making a horse's patoot of yourself in a public venue. No one
is forced to applaud. No one is mandated to refrain from laughing or
ridiculing you. The audience may throw tomatoes and may jeer you. Deal
with it.

Len writes of being denigrated or
insulted by those who do not agree with his him but he often insults and
denigrates those who have the opposite point of view.

Poor baby, don't like it when return fire is stronger than
your attempted character assassination shootings at me? :-)

I'll let you know when and if I ever see such *return fire*. :-) :-)

He is quick to tell others that they are not discussing amateur radio
policy, then he goes on a multi-post rant having everything to do with
personalities and nothing to do with amateur radio.

WT Docket 05-235 (now before the FCC and all citizens) is about
nothing else but the morse code test for a U.S. amateur radio
license. Is discussion of that "ranting?" I think not.

Am I given to understand that you believe that the only thing you have
been doing here is discussing 05-235?

Discussion, debate, argument about a test for GETTING INTO U.S.
amateur radio is "ranting?" When it comes to specious, invalid,
illogical, emotional, subjective "reasons" for its retention IS
"ranting." By the PCTA.

No, your diatribe above is ranting.

The NCTA want to OPEN UP U.S. amateur radio, to all who care to
get into it, NOT restrict entry by some old, outmoded, dictatorial
and arbitrary barriers which the FCC themselves have said is
unneccessary.

To all who care to get into it, regardless of qualification to do so?
Please define "old, outmoded, dictatorial and arbitrary barriers", old
timer. You used the plural but go on to say "which the FCC...have said
*is*...

Heil keeps on RANTING that those old, outmoded,
dictatorial, arbitrary reasons are "valid" yet has presented NO
proof to qualify them.

You're still using "them". Beside morse testing, what are the others?

All Heil has presented are a number of
personal insults directed to those who oppose him, as below:

If I present a list of your past personal insults directed to other and
if I include the diminuitive forms of names and the insulting names, do
you think you'd have time to read them all before your time on the
planet is done?

You, of course, are Len's little electrolytic acolyte.

I do not know Brian Burke personally. We live 2000+ miles apart.
By all his words in here, Brian Burke has demonstrated that he is
HIS OWN MAN, not some "acolyte" or "little electrolyte."

Not really, Leonard. Brian, under a variety of names is a one-liner
kind of yes man to you. You, as Hans pointed out, are the organ
grinder. Brian is the little red-hatted monkey.

You
insult him and myself in saying he is some kind of "acolyte" to
my thinking. FREEDOM is not a "cult." It is the basis for the
creation and continuation of the United States of America.

Break out the martial music and the bunting. Here he goes again!

That Brian and I SHARE THE SAME VIEWPOINT of yourself is due to
YOUR words.

"Viewpoint of yourself"? Weren't you supposed to be a PROFESSIONAL writer?

You do not regulate U.S. amateur radio, have never
been in any position to do so. All you have done is to keep an
amateur radio license grant for four decades. Many others have
done so for longer.

That's nice, but I'm not finished yet. If you start now, do you think
you could keep an amateur radio license for better than four decades?
I mean, you've told me several times that you were involved in radio
before I was born (or some such thing). Do you think it'll even out in
the end?

I repeat once again: The FCC does NOT require any staffer or
Commissioner to hold an amateur radio license grant in order to
REGULATE and ENFORCE U.S. amateur radio. YOU are NOT a regulator
or enforcer of U.S. amateur radio; only a wannabee dictator who
has no more power than any other U.S. citizen, licensed or
unlicensed. Try to adjust to that very real FACT.

I've responded to it countless times. No, I don't regulate. Then
again, you don't regulate. I participate in amateur radio. You do not.
FCC staffers are paid to regulate. They may or may not participate in
amateur radio. Got it?

Dave K8MN