RadioBanter

-   -   Laying Waste to Frank Of Silliland's Silliness (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/77004-laying-waste-frank-sillilands-silliness.html)

K4YZ August 25th 05 12:12 PM

Laying Waste to Frank Of Silliland's Silliness

Dave Heil wrote:
Frank Gilliland wrote:

Hey, that's a neat idea! I gotta do that, keep it right next to my
Blue Nose card.

What kind of guy carries a copy of his DD-214 around with him?

The same kind of guy that I try to avoid being...the loud mouth at
the end of the bar telling everyone how he stormed the beaches...Laguna
Beach...Redondo Beach...Panama Beach...

Didya catch the part where he says he was ONLY a "####bird
PFC"...?!??!

Sheesh...even Lennie made E5...

I made Lance Corporal before I could get the "cash sales" smell
out of my uniforms...Corporal on the second round of cutting scores
(and that was in the rank-tight Avionics MOS of 6616)...Sergeant in
less three years of my arrival in boot camp...

Some resource on USMC policy Frank of Silliland turned out to be!

Steve, K4YZ

K4YZ August 25th 05 05:30 PM

nobodys_old_friend wrote:
K4YZ wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
Frank of Silliland wrote:

Hey, that's a neat idea! I gotta do that, keep it right next to my
Blue Nose card.

What kind of guy carries a copy of his DD-214 around with him?

The same kind of guy that I try to avoid being...the loud mouth at
the end of the bar telling everyone how he stormed the beaches...Laguna
Beach...Redondo Beach...Panama Beach...

grow up
Steve, K4YZ

No, Markie...I am Steve, K4YZ.

Steve, K4YZ

an old friend August 25th 05 07:56 PM

K4YZ wrote:
nobodys_old_friend wrote:
K4YZ wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
Frank of Silliland wrote:

Hey, that's a neat idea! I gotta do that, keep it right next to my
Blue Nose card.

What kind of guy carries a copy of his DD-214 around with him?

The same kind of guy that I try to avoid being...the loud mouth at
the end of the bar telling everyone how he stormed the beaches...Laguna
Beach...Redondo Beach...Panama Beach...

grow up
Steve, K4YZ

No, Markie...I am Steve, K4YZ.

prove it

and Prove that you are the Gunn sgt you claim to and prove they are the
same person

you can't BTW

Steve, K4YZ

[email protected] August 25th 05 10:42 PM

K4YZ wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
Frank Gilliland wrote:

Hey, that's a neat idea! I gotta do that, keep it right next to my
Blue Nose card.

What kind of guy carries a copy of his DD-214 around with him?

The same kind of guy that I try to avoid being...the loud mouth at
the end of the bar telling everyone how he stormed the beaches...Laguna
Beach...Redondo Beach...Panama Beach...

You don't mind one bit bing the RRAP loudmouth. Always waving your
arms and claiming, "Liar, Liar Pants on Fiar!"

Didya catch the part where he says he was ONLY a "####bird
PFC"...?!??!

Sheesh...even Lennie made E5...

Did you catch the part where Jim didn't serve?
----
snipped denigration of one who served.

[email protected] August 26th 05 12:55 AM

From: on Aug 25, 2:42 pm

K4YZ wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
Frank Gilliland wrote:

Hey, that's a neat idea! I gotta do that, keep it right next to my
Blue Nose card.

What kind of guy carries a copy of his DD-214 around with him?

The same kind of guy that I try to avoid being...the loud mouth at
the end of the bar telling everyone how he stormed the beaches...Laguna
Beach...Redondo Beach...Panama Beach...

You don't mind one bit bing the RRAP loudmouth. Always waving your
arms and claiming, "Liar, Liar Pants on Fiar!"

Tsk, tsk, tsk...Dudly kept talking about his "seven hostile actions"
and implying he was in the thick of them.

I've never bragged about being IN any hostile actions. If fact,
Jimmie Noserve took me to task about being a "rear-area" type.
I guess all those books he read (to become an expert on warfare)
didn't tell him that NOBODY got to "choose" where they were
assigned. Nonetheless, I got to work real HF radio communications
for three years in a 24/7 radio station...even living IN a two
square mile antenna field for a while. [many more antennas
there than overweight "scampering" Davie can possibly put up]

I have no recollection of any "Panama Beach" in southern
California. There's Santa Monica beach (municipal beach).
There's Hermosa Beach (a city) and Redondo Beach (also a city)
and Huntington Beach (a city). Used to frequent the "Lighthouse"
in Hermosa Beach for totally great jazz on weekends and reasonable
drink prices in the late 1950s, early 1960s; they got too popular
and raised prices plus adding a ticket-cover-charge.

The "loudmouth at the end of THIS bar" is Dudly and his "seven
hostile actions" and "MARS IS amateur radio!" blabbering.

Didya catch the part where he says he was ONLY a "####bird
PFC"...?!??!

Sheesh...even Lennie made E5...

Did you catch the part where Jim didn't serve?

Jimmie Miccolis never served.
Mikey Coslo never served.
Dee Flint never served.
Brain Kellie WAS served (by "drudges") at the captain's table!

The Four Morsemen of the Apocalypse are riding! Gallop. Gallop.

----
snipped denigration of one who served.

PCTA extras will invoke their Double Standard and denigrate some
more. Screum.

Dave Heil August 26th 05 03:12 AM

From: on Aug 25, 2:42 pm

K4YZ wrote:

Dave Heil wrote:

Frank Gilliland wrote:

Hey, that's a neat idea! I gotta do that, keep it right next to my
Blue Nose card.

What kind of guy carries a copy of his DD-214 around with him?

The same kind of guy that I try to avoid being...the loud mouth at
the end of the bar telling everyone how he stormed the beaches...Laguna
Beach...Redondo Beach...Panama Beach...

You don't mind one bit bing the RRAP loudmouth. Always waving your
arms and claiming, "Liar, Liar Pants on Fiar!"

Tsk, tsk, tsk...Dudly kept talking about his "seven hostile actions"
and implying he was in the thick of them.

I've never bragged about being IN any hostile actions.

Don't get too carried away, Lennie. Aren't you forgetting your classic
sphincter post? There was the distinct implication that you'd
experienced the things of which you wrote--except it turned out that you
hadn't experienced them at all.

What, by the way, was the flying time for those Soviet Bears which
didn't yet exist, to your location in Japan?

If fact,
Jimmie Noserve took me to task about being a "rear-area" type.
I guess all those books he read (to become an expert on warfare)
didn't tell him that NOBODY got to "choose" where they were
assigned.

But it is true, isn't it, that you were so far to the rear that you were
in a different country from where the Korean conflict was taking place?

Nonetheless, I got to work real HF radio communications
for three years in a 24/7 radio station...even living IN a two
square mile antenna field for a while. [many more antennas
there than overweight "scampering" Davie can possibly put up]

Well, grizzled old Sarge, I just put up a brand new, enormous triband
yagi all by my lonesome. I'll wager I've put up more antennas in the
past five years than you have in your lifetime. Wanna play some more
"mine's bigger than yours"?

I got to work real military HF communications during a four-year Air
Force hitch and plenty of government HF communications during a State
Department career. I've used antennas like rhombics, 3-30 MHz inverted
discones, double boom Collins LPA's at 90 feet and I've used magnetic
loops, open wire-fed flattops with autotuners, fan dipoles and even
crummy B&W "broadband" folded dipole "resistors". I've operated
satellite terminals with 9 meter dish antennas and with little suitcase
sat terminals. I've installed an maintained several generations of
STU's and operated high speed leased lines. My stint as a professional
in radio communications exceeded yours by several magnitudes.

Now, what're you using for antennas for your lil R-70 vintage inhaler?

Didya catch the part where he says he was ONLY a "####bird
PFC"...?!??!

Sheesh...even Lennie made E5...

Did you catch the part where Jim didn't serve?

Jimmie Miccolis never served.
Mikey Coslo never served.
Dee Flint never served.
Brain Kellie WAS served (by "drudges") at the captain's table!

You act as if status as a veteran is something which gives you
entitlement to be condescending to those who were never in the military.
Every time I see such nonsense, it seems to be from a guy who served in
the rear someplace.

Dave K8MN

[email protected] August 26th 05 05:16 AM

From: Dave Heil on Aug 25, 7:12 pm

From: on Aug 25, 2:42 pm
K4YZ wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
Frank Gilliland wrote:

If fact,
Jimmie Noserve took me to task about being a "rear-area" type.
I guess all those books he read (to become an expert on warfare)
didn't tell him that NOBODY got to "choose" where they were
assigned.

But it is true, isn't it, that you were so far to the rear that you were
in a different country from where the Korean conflict was taking place?

Of course. :-) If Jimmie say it true, it must be true! :-)

Japan was not DIRECTLY involved in the Korean WAR, true. The
Occupation was over when I was assigned there. Was I supposed
to break rules, go against the UCMJ, to go to the "front?" :-)

By the way, WHERE was this "front?" You guys keep talking about
the "front lines" like it was in World War ONE. Wasn't like
that. Ask Jimmie Noserve. He was THERE...in spirit...through
his books...he read all about it.

Nonetheless, I got to work real HF radio communications
for three years in a 24/7 radio station...even living IN a two
square mile antenna field for a while. [many more antennas
there than overweight "scampering" Davie can possibly put up]

Well, grizzled old Sarge, I just put up a brand new, enormous triband
yagi all by my lonesome.

Wow! All by your LONESOME? Gee, Davie, you need to get out more.
It would keep you from being so lonesome...

You have some PROOF of this accomplishment, yes?

I'll wager I've put up more antennas in the
past five years than you have in your lifetime.

I'm absolutely positive you have, dozens and dozens, hundreds and
hundreds of them, more than in several mens' lifetimes. Whatever
it is, YOU did MORE. You say so and that be that.

Wanna play some more "mine's bigger than yours"?

I don't "play" with antennas. On the big ones, I let the pros
do their jobs. They know how to erect them. I know how to
erect mine. :-)

I got to work real military HF communications during a four-year Air
Force hitch and plenty of government HF communications during a State
Department career. I've used antennas like rhombics, 3-30 MHz inverted
discones, double boom Collins LPA's at 90 feet and I've used magnetic
loops, open wire-fed flattops with autotuners, fan dipoles and even
crummy B&W "broadband" folded dipole "resistors". I've operated
satellite terminals with 9 meter dish antennas and with little suitcase
sat terminals. I've installed an maintained several generations of
STU's and operated high speed leased lines.

All by yourself? Wow! You have PROOF of that, yes?

I'll bet you were Behind The Lines in 'Nam, sending valuable intel
back to Hq, right? A vital asset to the military! Hip hip hooray!

Sorry, Davie, I didn't do a lot of radio communications (all by
myself) after my military service. I went into DESIGN of radio-
electronics, making the equipment from scratch.

My stint as a professional
in radio communications exceeded yours by several magnitudes.

Hundreds of magnitudes. Googles of them. Off the scale...

Now, what're you using for antennas for your lil R-70 vintage inhaler?

Why do you ask? Do you need HELP? Just ask.

BTW, my Icom receiver, purchased long ago, is NOT used in the wine
industry nor for private brewing. It has no olfactory sensing
inputs. It still works well as a 50 KHz to 30 MHz RADIO RECEIVER...
is within specification as of this March.

Didya catch the part where he says he was ONLY a "####bird
PFC"...?!??!

Sheesh...even Lennie made E5...

Did you catch the part where Jim didn't serve?

Jimmie Miccolis never served.
Mikey Coslo never served.
Dee Flint never served.
Brain Kellie WAS served (by "drudges") at the captain's table!

You act as if status as a veteran is something which gives you
entitlement to be condescending to those who were never in the military.

Tsk. I must be subconsciously picking up YOUR attitude! Gotta
watch myself.

No, your snarlingness, I don't feel "entitled" to condescension.
That's YOUR schtick. I DO feel absolutely ENTITLED to cuss out any
sumbish who wants to meanmouth whatever service I did for my country
especially so if they didn't serve. I don't take no snit from
pansies who were NEVER IN who want to "tell me like it is" IN the
military. YOU live with that, because that's how it goes down.

Every time I see such nonsense, it seems to be from a guy who served in
the rear someplace.

Tsk. Whose rear have you served lately?

Dave Heil August 26th 05 06:52 AM

From: Dave Heil on Aug 25, 7:12 pm

From: on Aug 25, 2:42 pm

K4YZ wrote:

Dave Heil wrote:

Frank Gilliland wrote:

'smatter, Len? No comments about your sphincter post or the flying time
to Japan by Soviet Bear bombers?

Why do you need to involve Jim? I just wrote it. :-)

Japan was not DIRECTLY involved in the Korean WAR, true.

Well, there it is.

The
Occupation was over when I was assigned there.

Yep.

So you were in a different country and we still got treated, by you, to
what it was like to be under artillery attack.

Was I supposed
to break rules, go against the UCMJ, to go to the "front?" :-)

Not at all, Len. You just go into some social setting and whip out your
tiny DD-214. Maybe you could even recount the sphincter post.

By the way, WHERE was this "front?"

They didn't tell you? Well, during your time, it was in Korea.

You guys keep talking about
the "front lines" like it was in World War ONE. Wasn't like
that.

It wasn't? There weren't any defined front lines in Korea?

Ask Jimmie Noserve. He was THERE...in spirit...through
his books...he read all about it.

Anyone can read about it. It made all the history books too.

Nonetheless, I got to work real HF radio communications
for three years in a 24/7 radio station...even living IN a two
square mile antenna field for a while. [many more antennas
there than overweight "scampering" Davie can possibly put up]

Well, grizzled old Sarge, I just put up a brand new, enormous triband
yagi all by my lonesome.

Wow! All by your LONESOME? Gee, Davie, you need to get out more.
It would keep you from being so lonesome...

You have some PROOF of this accomplishment, yes?

I have 8x10 glossies. I'll sell any number of them to you for $4.95
each, postpaid. Alternatively, you can take a cross country drive.

I'll wager I've put up more antennas in the
past five years than you have in your lifetime.

I'm absolutely positive you have, dozens and dozens, hundreds and
hundreds of them, more than in several mens' lifetimes.

In the past five years? Nothing approaching that number. It doesn't
even have to be.

Whatever
it is, YOU did MORE. You say so and that be that.

I believe you have me confused with you.

Wanna play some more "mine's bigger than yours"?

I don't "play" with antennas.

No, I don't suppose you do.

On the big ones, I let the pros do their jobs.

Do you have big antennas at either of your two mortgage-free homes?
Perhaps you meant your comment in the usual Andersonesque sidewalk
superintendant way--that the pro antenna installers do their jobs and
that you stand by in case your advice might be needed.

They know how to erect them.

Don't you?

I know how to erect mine. :-)

Knowing how it is supposed to work and actually getting the job done can
be two very different things. :-)

I got to work real military HF communications during a four-year Air
Force hitch and plenty of government HF communications during a State
Department career. I've used antennas like rhombics, 3-30 MHz inverted
discones, double boom Collins LPA's at 90 feet and I've used magnetic
loops, open wire-fed flattops with autotuners, fan dipoles and even
crummy B&W "broadband" folded dipole "resistors". I've operated
satellite terminals with 9 meter dish antennas and with little suitcase
sat terminals. I've installed an maintained several generations of
STU's and operated high speed leased lines.

All by yourself? Wow! You have PROOF of that, yes?

Oh yes, I have proof. I'll be happy to send you photocopies at $4.95
per page, postpaid. Alternatively, you can choose to drive cross country.

I'll bet you were Behind The Lines in 'Nam, sending valuable intel
back to Hq, right? A vital asset to the military! Hip hip hooray!

I've done no bragging at all about my military communications work in
Vietnam. I will correct your claim in another post that I was assigned
to Air Force MARS. I was not. I operated MARS circuits in my off duty
time.

Sorry, Davie, I didn't do a lot of radio communications (all by
myself) after my military service.

Yessir. That was my point. You didn't.

I went into DESIGN of radio-
electronics, making the equipment from scratch.

Good for you, Len.

My stint as a professional
in radio communications exceeded yours by several magnitudes.

Hundreds of magnitudes. Googles of them. Off the scale...

I wrote nothing of "hundreds of magnitudes". I wrote "several magnitudes".

Now, what're you using for antennas for your lil R-70 vintage inhaler?

Why do you ask? Do you need HELP? Just ask.

Because you brought up my name and antennas earlier. I just wanted to
be clear on your abilities and experience in antennas. Thanks for the
offer of help though. If you drive cross country and actuall help, I'll
provide all the proof you seek at a heavily discounted rate.

BTW, my Icom receiver, purchased long ago, is NOT used in the wine
industry nor for private brewing.

I'm sorry. You've obviously misunderstood.

It has no olfactory sensing
inputs.

I understood that. I didn't ask what you were using for a nose.

It still works well as a 50 KHz to 30 MHz RADIO RECEIVER...
is within specification as of this March.

I'm happy for you.

Didya catch the part where he says he was ONLY a "####bird
PFC"...?!??!

Sheesh...even Lennie made E5...

Did you catch the part where Jim didn't serve?

Jimmie Miccolis never served.
Mikey Coslo never served.
Dee Flint never served.
Brain Kellie WAS served (by "drudges") at the captain's table!

You act as if status as a veteran is something which gives you
entitlement to be condescending to those who were never in the military.

Tsk. I must be subconsciously picking up YOUR attitude! Gotta
watch myself.

Try to find a post where I've done any such thing toward those who never
served in the military. This isn't the first time you've wrapped
yourself in bunting and belittled those, who for whatever reason, didn't
serve in the U.S. Armed Forces. I'm quite proud that I served, but I
don't find it necessary to take shots at those who did not.

No, your snarlingness, I don't feel "entitled" to condescension.

Then why have you done it so often?

That's YOUR schtick.

No, that's incorrect. You've done it frequently to a number of posters
here, who have not served in the U.S. Armed Forces.

I DO feel absolutely ENTITLED to cuss out any
sumbish who wants to meanmouth whatever service I did for my country
especially so if they didn't serve. I don't take no snit from
pansies who were NEVER IN who want to "tell me like it is" IN the
military. YOU live with that, because that's how it goes down.

....and you've just done it again.

Every time I see such nonsense, it seems to be from a guy who served in
the rear someplace.

Tsk. Whose rear have you served lately?

Not yours.

Dave K8MN

K4YZ August 26th 05 01:07 PM

From: Dave Heil on Aug 25, 7:12 pm

From: on Aug 25, 2:42 pm
K4YZ wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
Frank Gilliland wrote:

If fact,
Jimmie Noserve took me to task about being a "rear-area" type.
I guess all those books he read (to become an expert on warfare)
didn't tell him that NOBODY got to "choose" where they were
assigned.

But it is true, isn't it, that you were so far to the rear that you were
in a different country from where the Korean conflict was taking place?

Of course. If Jimmie say it true, it must be true!

Japan was not DIRECTLY involved in the Korean WAR, true. The
Occupation was over when I was assigned there. Was I supposed
to break rules, go against the UCMJ, to go to the "front?"

The point being that you never served in a forward area, let alone
a combat area. Matter of fact, the only thing "forward" about you is
bad manners and a propensity to deceive.

By the way, WHERE was this "front?" You guys keep talking about
the "front lines" like it was in World War ONE. Wasn't like
that. Ask Jimmie Noserve. He was THERE...in spirit...through
his books...he read all about it.

Then it would seem you were in good company, Lennie.

The only place YOU ever "served" on a "front line" was in a Clancy
novel or in the chow hall.

Nonetheless, I got to work real HF radio communications
for three years in a 24/7 radio station...even living IN a two
square mile antenna field for a while. [many more antennas
there than overweight "scampering" Davie can possibly put up]

Well, grizzled old Sarge, I just put up a brand new, enormous triband
yagi all by my lonesome.

Wow! All by your LONESOME? Gee, Davie, you need to get out more.
It would keep you from being so lonesome...

You have some PROOF of this accomplishment, yes?

Where's PROOF of YOUR station, Lennie?

Since you can't TRANSMIT, we've been asking for a pic of your
"monitoring station"...None yet.

Maybe you got one of those "Monitoring Station Registrations" that
CRB Books advertizes in the back of CQ and Popular
Communications...?!?!

I've worked Dave on the air...At least WE know he HAS antennas
up...

I'll wager I've put up more antennas in the
past five years than you have in your lifetime.

I'm absolutely positive you have, dozens and dozens, hundreds and
hundreds of them, more than in several mens' lifetimes. Whatever
it is, YOU did MORE. You say so and that be that.

Seems Lennie has a problem with truth.

Wanna play some more "mine's bigger than yours"?

I don't "play" with antennas. On the big ones, I let the pros
do their jobs. They know how to erect them. I know how to
erect mine.

I'm willing to bet the only antenna YOU have ever "erected" was a
set of Rabbit Ears.

I got to work real military HF communications during a four-year Air
Force hitch and plenty of government HF communications during a State
Department career. I've used antennas like rhombics, 3-30 MHz inverted
discones, double boom Collins LPA's at 90 feet and I've used magnetic
loops, open wire-fed flattops with autotuners, fan dipoles and even
crummy B&W "broadband" folded dipole "resistors". I've operated
satellite terminals with 9 meter dish antennas and with little suitcase
sat terminals. I've installed an maintained several generations of
STU's and operated high speed leased lines.

All by yourself? Wow! You have PROOF of that, yes?

Gee, Lennie...Seems you ahve a bit of competition...

Well...No...I stand corrected...

You're no competition for anyone in THIS forum....

I'll bet you were Behind The Lines in 'Nam, sending valuable intel
back to Hq, right? A vital asset to the military! Hip hip hooray!

Sorry, Davie, I didn't do a lot of radio communications (all by
myself) after my military service. I went into DESIGN of radio-
electronics, making the equipment from scratch.

"All by yourself? Wow! You have PRROF of that, yes?"

Sorry Lennie...had to use it...It fit so appropriately!

My stint as a professional
in radio communications exceeded yours by several magnitudes.

Hundreds of magnitudes. Googles of them. Off the scale...

Now, what're you using for antennas for your lil R-70 vintage inhaler?

Why do you ask? Do you need HELP? Just ask.

Why?

You wouldn't begin to know how to get one up, Lennie.

BTW, my Icom receiver, purchased long ago, is NOT used in the wine
industry nor for private brewing. It has no olfactory sensing
inputs. It still works well as a 50 KHz to 30 MHz RADIO RECEIVER...
is within specification as of this March.

Obviously not.

You've not managed to log a single one of us so far!

Didya catch the part where he says he was ONLY a "####bird
PFC"...?!??!

Sheesh...even Lennie made E5...

Did you catch the part where Jim didn't serve?

Jimmie Miccolis never served.
Mikey Coslo never served.
Dee Flint never served.
Brain Kellie WAS served (by "drudges") at the captain's table!

You act as if status as a veteran is something which gives you
entitlement to be condescending to those who were never in the military.

Tsk. I must be subconsciously picking up YOUR attitude! Gotta
watch myself.

I found myself dealing with YOUR attitude this morning, Lennie.

But then I dropped it in the bowl and pushed the handle and it
went away.

No, your snarlingness, I don't feel "entitled" to condescension.
That's YOUR schtick. I DO feel absolutely ENTITLED to cuss out any
sumbish who wants to meanmouth whatever service I did for my country
especially so if they didn't serve.

The point here is that NO ONE has "mean mouthed" your "service",
Lennie.

And what I have "mean mouthed" was your attempts to use the
sacrifices of men who died three years BEFORE you were even IN the Army
to facilitate your sillinessx in here...

I don't take no snit from
pansies who were NEVER IN who want to "tell me like it is" IN the
military. YOU live with that, because that's how it goes down.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Now we have it...There's the "manhood" issue!
Lennie "served" (wore a uniform, an act he tries to deride ME about...)
ergo anyone else is "less a man"...

Every time I see such nonsense, it seems to be from a guy who served in
the rear someplace.

Tsk. Whose rear have you served lately?

You been spending time at Markie's house, Lennie? That sounds
like something he'd do......

Putz.

Steve, K4YZ

[email protected] August 26th 05 02:08 PM

From: on Aug 25, 2:42 pm

K4YZ wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
Frank Gilliland wrote:

[...]

Just as they have not permitted you to comment about "amateur" radio
because you hold no license, NoServers may not comment about the
military.

I have no recollection of any "Panama Beach" in southern
California.

There is a Panama "City" Beach in Florida. There is even a military
base nearby where Steve may have been short sheeted seven times. All
very hostile actions for the mentally ill.

There's Santa Monica beach (municipal beach).
There's Hermosa Beach (a city) and Redondo Beach (also a city)
and Huntington Beach (a city). Used to frequent the "Lighthouse"
in Hermosa Beach for totally great jazz on weekends and reasonable
drink prices in the late 1950s, early 1960s; they got too popular
and raised prices plus adding a ticket-cover-charge.

The "loudmouth at the end of THIS bar" is Dudly and his "seven
hostile actions" and "MARS IS amateur radio!" blabbering.

Dud = UXO.

Didya catch the part where he says he was ONLY a "####bird
PFC"...?!??!

Sheesh...even Lennie made E5...

Did you catch the part where Jim didn't serve?

Jimmie Miccolis never served.
Mikey Coslo never served.
Dee Flint never served.
Brain Kellie WAS served (by "drudges") at the captain's table!

Not even Rear Echelon. Yikes!

The Four Morsemen of the Apocalypse are riding! Gallop. Gallop.

----
snipped denigration of one who served.

PCTA extras will invoke their Double Standard and denigrate some
more. Screum.

Sometimes these armchair types only have their double standard to fall
back on.

[email protected] August 26th 05 02:15 PM

From: on Aug 25, 2:42 pm
K4YZ wrote:

Didya catch the part where he says he was ONLY a "####bird
PFC"...?!??!

Sheesh...even Lennie made E5...

Did you catch the part where Jim didn't serve?

Jimmie Miccolis never served.
Mikey Coslo never served.
Dee Flint never served.
Brain Kellie WAS served (by "drudges") at the captain's table!

You act as if status as a veteran is something which gives you
entitlement to be condescending to those who were never in the military.
Every time I see such nonsense, it seems to be from a guy who served in
the rear someplace.

Dave K8MN

Steve acts as if status as a lower-ranking Marine is something to be
denigrated.

Jim acts as if status as a "amateur" is something which gives him
entitlement to be condescending to those radio professionals who were
never amateurs.

Dave acts as if status as a DXer is something which gives him
entitlement to be condescending to those who enjoyed DX while not
holding the highest class of amateur licesne.

Every time I see such nonsense, it seems to be from a guy who is
insecure about his own accomplishments.

K4YZ August 26th 05 02:16 PM

wrote:

Sometimes these armchair types only have their double standard to fall
back on.

You'd know best, Your Couch Potatoness.

Steve, K4YZ

[email protected] August 26th 05 02:22 PM

From: Dave Heil on Aug 25, 7:12 pm
From: on Aug 25, 2:42 pm
K4YZ wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
Frank Gilliland wrote:

If fact,
Jimmie Noserve took me to task about being a "rear-area" type.
I guess all those books he read (to become an expert on warfare)
didn't tell him that NOBODY got to "choose" where they were
assigned.

But it is true, isn't it, that you were so far to the rear that you were
in a different country from where the Korean conflict was taking place?

Of course. If Jimmie say it true, it must be true!

Japan was not DIRECTLY involved in the Korean WAR, true. The
Occupation was over when I was assigned there. Was I supposed
to break rules, go against the UCMJ, to go to the "front?"

The point being that you never served in a forward area, let alone
a combat area. Matter of fact, the only thing "forward" about you is
bad manners and a propensity to deceive.

The point is that a low-ranking Marine knew enough to call you out on
your military service lies.

K4YZ August 26th 05 02:46 PM

wrote:
K4YZ wrote:
wrote:

Japan was not DIRECTLY involved in the Korean WAR, true. The
Occupation was over when I was assigned there. Was I supposed
to break rules, go against the UCMJ, to go to the "front?"

The point being that you never served in a forward area, let alone
a combat area. Matter of fact, the only thing "forward" about you is
bad manners and a propensity to deceive.

The point is that a low-ranking Marine knew enough to call you out on
your military service lies.

Obviously not.

He didn't get any of it right.

And his "agenda" was laid bare in the process.

Try again, Your Couch Potatoness.

Steve, K4YZ

Dave Heil August 26th 05 06:36 PM

From: on Aug 25, 2:42 pm

K4YZ wrote:

Dave Heil wrote:

Frank Gilliland wrote:

[...]

Hold on, Sparky. Len has commented here at great length and on many,
many occasions. Now then, Len has been vocal in his attempts to change
regulations in an endeavor in which he is not a participant. Has anyone
here, who has never served in the military, attempted to change
military regulations?

Dave K8MN

Dave Heil August 26th 05 06:41 PM

wrote:

From: on Aug 25, 2:42 pm

K4YZ wrote:

Didya catch the part where he says he was ONLY a "####bird
PFC"...?!??!

Sheesh...even Lennie made E5...

Did you catch the part where Jim didn't serve?

Jimmie Miccolis never served.
Mikey Coslo never served.
Dee Flint never served.
Brain Kellie WAS served (by "drudges") at the captain's table!

You act as if status as a veteran is something which gives you
entitlement to be condescending to those who were never in the military.
Every time I see such nonsense, it seems to be from a guy who served in
the rear someplace.

Dave K8MN

Steve acts as if status as a lower-ranking Marine is something to be
denigrated.

Do you think being repeatedly busted to a lower rank is something to be
proud of?

Jim acts as if status as a "amateur" is something which gives him
entitlement to be condescending to those radio professionals who were
never amateurs.

Does he? I've seen no evidence of it. The only radio professional
here, who isn't a radio amateur, is Len Anderson. Len is an insulting
churl.

Dave acts as if status as a DXer is something which gives him
entitlement to be condescending to those who enjoyed DX while not
holding the highest class of amateur licesne.

To those? Well, there's you and you don't seem to know very much about
DXing. You seem to equate it with ragchewing across continents.

Every time I see such nonsense, it seems to be from a guy who is
insecure about his own accomplishments.

Then again, you've been wearing a chip on your shoulders for years.

Dave K8MN

Dave Heil August 26th 05 06:42 PM

wrote:

From: Dave Heil on Aug 25, 7:12 pm

From: on Aug 25, 2:42 pm

K4YZ wrote:

Dave Heil wrote:

Frank Gilliland wrote:

[...]

....or so he claims.

Dave K8MN

[email protected] August 26th 05 07:57 PM

From: on Fri 26 Aug 2005 06:08

From: on Aug 25, 2:42 pm
K4YZ wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
Frank Gilliland wrote:

Just as they have not permitted you to comment about "amateur" radio
because you hold no license, NoServers may not comment about the
military.

Minor correction. I have a non-amateur radio license. I've
had several of them, all station licenses.

I have no recollection of any "Panama Beach" in southern
California.

There is a Panama "City" Beach in Florida. There is even a military
base nearby where Steve may have been short sheeted seven times. All
very hostile actions for the mentally ill.

The military base for the mentally ill is speculation and
suspicion. However, given that Dudly has NEVER presented ANY
proof of his claims, nor any names of corroborating witnesses,
such conjecture seems more correct than his claims of military
service.

Did you catch the part where Jim didn't serve?

Jimmie Miccolis never served.
Mikey Coslo never served.
Dee Flint never served.
Brain Kellie WAS served (by "drudges") at the captain's table!

Not even Rear Echelon. Yikes!

Some others who claim they served in the military are way too
concerned over "rear areas."

Sometimes these armchair types only have their double standard to fall
back on.

Their own "rear area." They are anal-retentive on "rear area."

[email protected] August 26th 05 07:58 PM

From: on Fri 26 Aug 2005 06:22

From: Dave Heil on Aug 25, 7:12 pm
From: on Aug 25, 2:42 pm
K4YZ wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
Frank Gilliland wrote:

[...]

Tsk. The stealers of valor cry foul when their stealing is stolen.

Dudly has NO PROOF whatsoever of his "forward area" action. NONE.
Aircraft ground maintenance personnel are NOT in any "forward area."

If one is NOT in a "forward area," one is in the "rear area." Such
as an Okinawa MARS station where Dudly claimed to be "Assistant
NCOIC." [wow...lots of responsibility there...in a NON-commo role
if he was really there...MARS was never a part of the Defense
Communications System]

Dudly has never referred to any common small-unit land force radio
by nomenclature or familiar name. Neither has he done so for any
common avionics radio of the 1974-1992 period. That is unthinkable
for anyone who has really been IN the military involved in radio
communications of any kind. Ergo, Dudly NEVER DID what he claimed.

Dudly has presented NO PROOF of this claimed military service. He
has presented nothing but verbal generalities that can be gleaned
from publications or entertainment shows. Anyone truly proud to
have served will have some sort of documentation which can be
scanned and presented for proof. Dog tags can be scanned. Dudly
has offered NONE. Not even personal snapshots.

Dudly says all who challenge him on his military claims should "call
the VA [Veteran's Administration]." The VA will not reveal details
to non-familiy members and must have assurance that a requestor is
legitimate. The VA cannot reveal details due to a federal law that
is almost three decades old. The same is true for NARA, the
National Archives and Records Administration, which has a large
records archive in St. Louis, MO. NARA has a website which
contains the form required to request details...the filled-in form
can be e-mailed for personal data, but must be sent surface mail
for full disclosure.

The only logical conclusion is that Dudly's claims to military
service are a FRAUD, a fabrication, a LIE. In his case, a "rear
area" is what he has been giving us.

[email protected] August 26th 05 08:03 PM

From: Dave Heil on Fri 26 Aug 2005 05:52

From: Dave Heil on Aug 25, 7:12 pm
wrote:

Every time I see such nonsense, it seems to be from a guy who served in
the rear someplace.

Tsk. Whose rear have you served lately?

Not yours.

If you wish to discuss anal sex, find ANOTHER newsgroup for that.

Dave Heil August 26th 05 08:09 PM

From: Dave Heil on Fri 26 Aug 2005 05:52

From: Dave Heil on Aug 25, 7:12 pm

wrote:

Every time I see such nonsense, it seems to be from a guy who served in
the rear someplace.

Tsk. Whose rear have you served lately?

Not yours.

If you wish to discuss anal sex, find ANOTHER newsgroup for that.

You took my comment and turned it around. Then, when I respond to your
silly question, you think I'm discussing anal sex? What in the world is
the matter with you?

Dave K8MN

[email protected] August 26th 05 08:44 PM

K4YZ wrote:
wrote:
K4YZ wrote:
wrote:

Japan was not DIRECTLY involved in the Korean WAR, true. The
Occupation was over when I was assigned there. Was I supposed
to break rules, go against the UCMJ, to go to the "front?"

The point being that you never served in a forward area, let alone
a combat area. Matter of fact, the only thing "forward" about you is
bad manners and a propensity to deceive.

The point is that a low-ranking Marine knew enough to call you out on
your military service lies.

Obviously not.

He didn't get any of it right.

And his "agenda" was laid bare in the process.

Grand claims you make. Got any proof?

[email protected] August 26th 05 08:46 PM

Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:

From: Dave Heil on Aug 25, 7:12 pm

From: on Aug 25, 2:42 pm

K4YZ wrote:

Dave Heil wrote:

Frank Gilliland wrote:

[...]

Steve got real quiet. It were almost as if someone, somewhere were
"dialing..."

[email protected] August 26th 05 09:06 PM

From: Dave Heil on Aug 26, 12:09 pm

From: Dave Heil on Fri 26 Aug 2005 05:52
From: Dave Heil on Aug 25, 7:12 pm
wrote:

Every time I see such nonsense, it seems to be from a guy who served in
the rear someplace.

Tsk. Whose rear have you served lately?

Not yours.

If you wish to discuss anal sex, find ANOTHER newsgroup for that.

You took my comment and turned it around.

NOTHING was "turned around." The quotes are exact, in a linear form
from your posting.

Then, when I respond to your
silly question, you think I'm discussing anal sex?

Since you are anal-retentive on "rear area" issues, what I wrote
is the most plausible explanation for your non-turned-around
statement.

What in the world is the matter with you?

Nothing. I'm trying to (vainly it seems) to return to amateur
radio policy issues.

Up before the FCC at this very moment is 05-143, an NPRM on the
government's proposal to remove test element 1 from the license
examination requirements. Comments continue to come in on that
via Docket WT 05=235. The results of that and whether or not a
Report and Order will be issued removing the code test will most
definitely affect United States amateur radio in the near future.

You do not choose to discuss CURRENT amateur radio policy issues
but rather dwell on old, old arguments in here and are now anal-
retentive on "rear area" statements.

What is the matter with YOU?

[email protected] August 26th 05 09:06 PM

wrote:
From:
on Fri 26 Aug 2005 06:22
From: Dave Heil on Aug 25, 7:12 pm
wrote:

[...]

Adding to the basis of "th[i]er" double-standard.

Dudly has NO PROOF whatsoever of his "forward area" action. NONE.
Aircraft ground maintenance personnel are NOT in any "forward area."

Actually, it just might be possible. I know of some rear area
personnel who were permitted to go on helo excursions so that they
would qualify for hazardous duty pay. Yet the douche bags had no
weapon, no TA50, and no sense. It was just a scam, and they should
have been reprimanded.

I beleive that Steve is up to such stunts.

If one is NOT in a "forward area," one is in the "rear area." Such
as an Okinawa MARS station where Dudly claimed to be "Assistant
NCOIC." [wow...lots of responsibility there...in a NON-commo role
if he was really there...MARS was never a part of the Defense
Communications System]

How could it have been??? "MARS IS Amateur Radio!"

Dudly has never referred to any common small-unit land force radio
by nomenclature or familiar name. Neither has he done so for any
common avionics radio of the 1974-1992 period. That is unthinkable
for anyone who has really been IN the military involved in radio
communications of any kind. Ergo, Dudly NEVER DID what he claimed.

Ergo, Dud UXO lied.

Dudly has presented NO PROOF of this claimed military service. He
has presented nothing but verbal generalities that can be gleaned
from publications or entertainment shows.

Such as a 1950's issue of "This is the Air Force?"

Anyone truly proud to
have served will have some sort of documentation which can be
scanned and presented for proof. Dog tags can be scanned. Dudly
has offered NONE. Not even personal snapshots.

He got sand in his eye.

Dudly says all who challenge him on his military claims should "call
the VA [Veteran's Administration]." The VA will not reveal details
to non-familiy members and must have assurance that a requestor is
legitimate. The VA cannot reveal details due to a federal law that
is almost three decades old. The same is true for NARA, the
National Archives and Records Administration, which has a large
records archive in St. Louis, MO. NARA has a website which
contains the form required to request details...the filled-in form
can be e-mailed for personal data, but must be sent surface mail
for full disclosure.

He hides behind his "Ask the VA" claims. Wonder where he hid during
the "seven hostile actions?"

The only logical conclusion is that Dudly's claims to military
service are a FRAUD, a fabrication, a LIE. In his case, a "rear
area" is what he has been giving us.

He fully understands that disclosure of his military records will
expose him as the fraud that he is. So he hides behind his claims that
the "VA" will somehow release his data, knowing full well that they
won't.

[email protected] August 26th 05 09:18 PM

Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:

From: on Aug 25, 2:42 pm

K4YZ wrote:

Didya catch the part where he says he was ONLY a "####bird
PFC"...?!??!

Sheesh...even Lennie made E5...

Did you catch the part where Jim didn't serve?

Jimmie Miccolis never served.
Mikey Coslo never served.
Dee Flint never served.
Brain Kellie WAS served (by "drudges") at the captain's table!

You act as if status as a veteran is something which gives you
entitlement to be condescending to those who were never in the military.
Every time I see such nonsense, it seems to be from a guy who served in
the rear someplace.

Dave K8MN

Steve acts as if status as a lower-ranking Marine is something to be
denigrated.

Do you think being repeatedly busted to a lower rank is something to be
proud of?

Like Billy Mitchell?

Jim acts as if status as a "amateur" is something which gives him
entitlement to be condescending to those radio professionals who were
never amateurs.

Does he? I've seen no evidence of it. The only radio professional
here, who isn't a radio amateur, is Len Anderson. Len is an insulting
churl.

Jim is a thin-skinned Evangelical CWer.

Dave acts as if status as a DXer is something which gives him
entitlement to be condescending to those who enjoyed DX while not
holding the highest class of amateur licesne.

To those? Well, there's you and you don't seem to know very much about
DXing. You seem to equate it with ragchewing across continents.

Hmmmm? I know not to work French hams out of band on 6 meters.

Hmmmm? I know where to get permission to operate from a piece of real
estate that has no government.

It took a guy who you claim "doesn't seem to know very much about
DXing" to point that info out to you. But you just can't accept it,
coming from a younger, brighter, better looking, and lower ranking
amateur. Too bad for you.

Every time I see such nonsense, it seems to be from a guy who is
insecure about his own accomplishments.

Then again, you've been wearing a chip on your shoulders for years.

Dave K8MN

No chip. No dip. No parrot.

I've got the facts; you make smug remarks.

[email protected] August 26th 05 09:20 PM

K4YZ wrote:
wrote:

Sometimes these armchair types only have their double standard to fall
back on.

You'd know best, Your Couch Potatoness.

Steve, K4YZ

You hide behind the Privacy Act. Spare us any more nonsense about your
claims of seven hostile actions. Never happened.

[email protected] August 26th 05 09:24 PM

From: on Aug 25, 2:42 pm

K4YZ wrote:

Dave Heil wrote:

Frank Gilliland wrote:

[...]

And what has Jim's response been to Len's comments?

[email protected] August 26th 05 10:40 PM

From: on Aug 26, 1:06 pm

From: on Fri 26 Aug 2005 06:22
From: Dave Heil on Aug 25, 7:12 pm
wrote:

[i]
Japan was not DIRECTLY involved in the Korean WAR, true. The
Occupation was over when I was assigned there. Was I supposed
to break rules, go against the UCMJ, to go to the "front?"

The point being that you never served in a forward area, let alone
a combat area. Matter of fact, the only thing "forward" about you is
bad manners and a propensity to deceive.

The point is that a low-ranking Marine knew enough to call you out on
your military service lies.

Tsk. The stealers of valor cry foul when their stealing is stolen.

Adding to the basis of "ther" double-standard.

Notice that Dudly NEVER explains EXACTLY which "front" He was in.
His usual tactic is to immediately denigrate his accuser in an
attempt to avoid a direct answer.

I arrived in Japan in February 1953. Combat action in Korea was
in a minimal state due to on-going talks about a cease-fire/truce.
In July 1953 that Truce state was entered and has remained so for
52 years! On the other hand, the USSR had aircraft bases in
Manchuria, the biggest being a cluster in Kamchatka. Those were
within range of Honshu Island, Japan (Tokyo is in the middle).
It doesn't matter on aircraft type numbers that the USSR had, the
point was that there were USSR aircraft that could reach Tokyo
from land bases. Jimmie Noserve picked out my one error in USSR
bomber types of 1953 and tried to imply that I was "in error" in
all my postings.

Compare that to Dudly. Dudly has NEVER specified the Where or
When of HIS "seven hostile actions." Probably because he was
never IN them. He could have been in the military at that time
but then he would be in the non-heroic position of being in a
rear area.

Dudly has NO PROOF whatsoever of his "forward area" action. NONE.
Aircraft ground maintenance personnel are NOT in any "forward area."

Actually, it just might be possible. I know of some rear area
personnel who were permitted to go on helo excursions so that they
would qualify for hazardous duty pay. Yet the douche bags had no
weapon, no TA50, and no sense. It was just a scam, and they should
have been reprimanded.

I beleive that Steve is up to such stunts.

I have no opinion on that.

If one is NOT in a "forward area," one is in the "rear area." Such
as an Okinawa MARS station where Dudly claimed to be "Assistant
NCOIC." [wow...lots of responsibility there...in a NON-commo role
if he was really there...MARS was never a part of the Defense
Communications System]

How could it have been??? "MARS IS Amateur Radio!"

The Defense Communications System (and whatever names it was changed
to) was NEVER any amateur effort. It has always been run by
professionals. MARS served as a sort-of auxilliary that MIGHT be
an asset "if all else failed" but all else did NOT fail. MARS was
valuable for troop morale in Vietnam in the first half of the 1970s.
The U.S. Army acknowledged that and it is written up on the website
of the Army Center for Military History. But, that was over 30
years ago and before Dudly's claimed time in service.

Dudly has never referred to any common small-unit land force radio
by nomenclature or familiar name. Neither has he done so for any
common avionics radio of the 1974-1992 period. That is unthinkable
for anyone who has really been IN the military involved in radio
communications of any kind. Ergo, Dudly NEVER DID what he claimed.

Ergo, Dud UXO lied.

An 18-year period of enlistment is quite long in an average human's
lifespan. To have NO record, no memento, not even a snapshot or a
name of a "buddy" to use as a reference in all that time is so
strange
that it is unthinkable. Ergo, what Dudly claimed was a LIE.

Dudly has presented NO PROOF of this claimed military service. He
has presented nothing but verbal generalities that can be gleaned
from publications or entertainment shows.

Such as a 1950's issue of "This is the Air Force?"

Not if Dudly was in the USMC or USN. :-)

Anyone truly proud to
have served will have some sort of documentation which can be
scanned and presented for proof. Dog tags can be scanned. Dudly
has offered NONE. Not even personal snapshots.

He got sand in his eye.

For 18 years, yes. It's a wonder he can see anything at all now...

Dudly says all who challenge him on his military claims should "call
the VA [Veteran's Administration]." The VA will not reveal details
to non-familiy members and must have assurance that a requestor is
legitimate. The VA cannot reveal details due to a federal law that
is almost three decades old. The same is true for NARA, the
National Archives and Records Administration, which has a large
records archive in St. Louis, MO. NARA has a website which
contains the form required to request details...the filled-in form
can be e-mailed for personal data, but must be sent surface mail
for full disclosure.

He hides behind his "Ask the VA" claims. Wonder where he hid during
the "seven hostile actions?"

I'm tempted to reply "in a bud's rear-area" but that would be in
bad taste so I won't reply that...

The only logical conclusion is that Dudly's claims to military
service are a FRAUD, a fabrication, a LIE. In his case, a "rear
area" is what he has been giving us.

He fully understands that disclosure of his military records will
expose him as the fraud that he is. So he hides behind his claims that
the "VA" will somehow release his data, knowing full well that they
won't.

There we have it. A big NOTHING from Dudly, no proof, no documents,
not even snapshots, and all he can do is generate vague generalities
and implications of where and what he has done. His "descriptions"
don't have a ring of personal experience to them. He is a con man,
a fraud, an imposter, and like all of those, tries to smokescreen
direct answers to challenges with personal insults against those
same
challengers. He gives the appearance of answering yet never
answered
anything at all. Typical con man syndrome.

Dave Heil August 27th 05 04:54 AM

From: Dave Heil on Aug 26, 12:09 pm

From: Dave Heil on Fri 26 Aug 2005 05:52

From: Dave Heil on Aug 25, 7:12 pm

wrote:

Every time I see such nonsense, it seems to be from a guy who served in
the rear someplace.

Tsk. Whose rear have you served lately?

Not yours.

If you wish to discuss anal sex, find ANOTHER newsgroup for that.

You took my comment and turned it around.

NOTHING was "turned around." The quotes are exact, in a linear form
from your posting.

I wrote nothing of serving anybody's rear. You did.

Then, when I respond to your
silly question, you think I'm discussing anal sex?

Since you are anal-retentive on "rear area" issues, what I wrote
is the most plausible explanation for your non-turned-around
statement.

It doesn't sound plausible at all.

What in the world is the matter with you?

Nothing. I'm trying to (vainly it seems) to return to amateur
radio policy issues.

That isn't evident from your recent posts.

Up before the FCC at this very moment is 05-143, an NPRM on the
government's proposal to remove test element 1 from the license
examination requirements. Comments continue to come in on that
via Docket WT 05=235. The results of that and whether or not a
Report and Order will be issued removing the code test will most
definitely affect United States amateur radio in the near future.

But you've chosen to discuss whether I can put up antennas.

You do not choose to discuss CURRENT amateur radio policy issues
but rather dwell on old, old arguments in here and are now anal-
retentive on "rear area" statements.

Your posts on Steve's service in the Marine Corps are about amateur
radio policy matters?

What is the matter with YOU?

One of my knees is bothering me and I haven't been getting enough sleep.
I'm wondering how best to tackle the mounting of a 6m yagi above my
homebrew 12/17m yagi.

Dave K8MN

Dave Heil August 27th 05 05:02 AM

wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:

wrote:

Dave Heil wrote:

From: on Aug 25, 2:42 pm

K4YZ wrote:

[...]

No, like Frank "Not-a-model-Marine" Gilliland.

Jim acts as if status as a "amateur" is something which gives him
entitlement to be condescending to those radio professionals who were
never amateurs.

Does he? I've seen no evidence of it. The only radio professional
here, who isn't a radio amateur, is Len Anderson. Len is an insulting
churl.

Jim is a thin-skinned Evangelical CWer.

Dave acts as if status as a DXer is something which gives him
entitlement to be condescending to those who enjoyed DX while not
holding the highest class of amateur licesne.

To those? Well, there's you and you don't seem to know very much about
DXing. You seem to equate it with ragchewing across continents.

Hmmmm? I know not to work French hams out of band on 6 meters.

Have you worked any French stations on 6m?

Hmmmm? I know where to get permission to operate from a piece of real
estate that has no government.

That hasn't been demonstrated.

It took a guy who you claim "doesn't seem to know very much about
DXing" to point that info out to you.

It did? That hasn't been demonstrated either.

But you just can't accept it,
coming from a younger, brighter, better looking, and lower ranking
amateur. Too bad for you.

I thought you were the only person involved. Now it sounds like there
were four in your group.

Every time I see such nonsense, it seems to be from a guy who is
insecure about his own accomplishments.

Then again, you've been wearing a chip on your shoulders for years.

No chip. No dip. No parrot.

I've got the facts; you make smug remarks.

I'm always happy to provide a smug remark or two to a pipsquawk who
thinks he's got all the answers. Maybe you can have your "facts"
miniaturized along with your DD-214 so you'll have them all at your
disposal.

Dave K8MN

Dave Heil August 27th 05 05:04 AM

wrote:

From: on Aug 25, 2:42 pm

K4YZ wrote:

Dave Heil wrote:

Frank Gilliland wrote:

[...]

It has been quite varied and quite mild considering Len's typical
insulting demeanor. What Jim hasn't done is to prevent or attempt to
prevent Len from making those comments.

Dave K8MN

Dave Heil August 27th 05 05:05 AM

wrote:[i]
From: on Aug 26, 1:06 pm

From: on Fri 26 Aug 2005 06:22

From: Dave Heil on Aug 25, 7:12 pm

wrote:

[...]

According to your recent directive, aren't you supposed to be addressing

Frank Gilliland August 27th 05 07:19 AM

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 04:02:23 GMT, Dave Heil ,
AMATEUR radio operator and defender of liars and identity thieves,
wrote in t:

snip
Steve acts as if status as a lower-ranking Marine is something to be
denigrated.

Do you think being repeatedly busted to a lower rank is something to be
proud of?

Like Billy Mitchell?

No, like Frank "Not-a-model-Marine" Gilliland.

Well, I'll tell ya, Dave -- I have absolutely no regrets about
anything I did in the Marines, not even the actions that resulted in
my loss of rank. But there's one big difference between me and Dudly
that you can't seem to comprehend: I'm telling the truth. And that's
something I am most definitely proud to admit.

Now what I don't understand is why you are so passionate about Dudly
when this discussion has absolutely nothing to do with you. Is he your
butt-buddy? Or are you afraid that you are next in line to be exposed
as a military imposter? Why is his business -your- business, Dave?

T-10 August 27th 05 07:23 AM

Your posts on Steve's service in the Marine Corps are about amateur
radio policy matters?

What is the matter with YOU?

One of my knees is bothering me and I haven't been getting enough sleep.
I'm wondering how best to tackle the mounting of a 6m yagi above my
homebrew 12/17m yagi.

Dave K8MN

May I be so bold as to have the audacity to agree with K8MN? While my
comments may not rest well with some of you "chairborne" commandos, it is
cheap and tawdry to call into question or submit falsehoods about the
service of Veterans.
Whether or not you approve of Veterans such as W4NTI or K4YZ, the fact
remains that they SERVED!
While you Chairborne Hams were nit-picking over license qualifications these
two guys were serving their, and YOUR, country.
I defer to K8MN. He is correct and "on the money". Would that the rest of
you do the same.

Frank Gilliland August 27th 05 07:57 AM

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 01:23:09 -0500, "T-10" anon@jumper wrote in
:

May I be so bold as to have the audacity to agree with K8MN? While my
comments may not rest well with some of you "chairborne" commandos, it is
cheap and tawdry to call into question or submit falsehoods about the
service of Veterans.

It's even worse to impersonate a vet. Wouldn't you agree?

Whether or not you approve of Veterans such as W4NTI or K4YZ, the fact
remains that they SERVED!

No, that's not a fact. K4YZ has, through his own words, proved beyond
any reasonable doubt that he did -NOT- serve, at least not in the
capacity he claims. I've run into many of these impersonators over the
years, most of whom claim to be Viet-Nam vets that did "secret ops" or
worked independently "behind enemy lines", and often quoting lines
from the movies "Apocolypse, Now", "Platoon" and "Full Metal Jacket"
(and even that early Jack Webb movie). But ask them for proof and they
clam up and get all defensive, just like K4YZ, and now K8MN.

While you Chairborne Hams were nit-picking over license qualifications these
two guys were serving their, and YOUR, country.
I defer to K8MN. He is correct and "on the money". Would that the rest of
you do the same.

Honor is earned, not stolen. By defending a valor-thief you are
subverting your own intentions and disrespecting those who -did-
serve, those who are serving right now, and those who have died and
will die in the future. If you want to do the right thing then don't
let yourself be fooled by these fakes -- any true vet will have no
problem with showing proof of service when asked.

T-10 August 27th 05 09:20 AM

correct and "on the money". Would that the rest of
you do the same.

Honor is earned, not stolen. By defending a valor-thief you are
subverting your own intentions and disrespecting those who -did-
serve, those who are serving right now, and those who have died and
will die in the future. If you want to do the right thing then don't
let yourself be fooled by these fakes -- any true vet will have no
problem with showing proof of service when asked.

///////////////

And just where you step in is indeed a question. You, as easily as the
others, can be just as much a "fake".
I don't know you, so for all I know you are a Troll. I know Dan, W4NTI, and
I know of his service.
Dan has earned, in your childish words, his "honor". So also have several
other Veterans who comment in this or other groups.
I, unlike you, don't question the service of fellow Veterans. I accept them
as they are.
It has been, and will continue to be my practice to give a hand salute to
all Vets.

Now, about jumping a T-10 chute...ever been there?

K4YZ August 27th 05 09:48 AM

wrote:
K4YZ wrote:
wrote:

Sometimes these armchair types only have their double standard to fall
back on.

You'd know best, Your Couch Potatoness.

Steve, K4YZ

You hide behind the Privacy Act. Spare us any more nonsense about your
claims of seven hostile actions. Never happened.

Nope. Not "claims". Sure did.

Steve, K4YZ