Old September 2nd 05, 01:15 PM
K4YZ

nobodys_old_friend wrote:
K4YZ wrote:
Frank of Silliland wrote:
On 30 Aug 2005 02:33:51 -0700, "K4YZ" wrote in
.com:

cut

Hey Frank...

You gonna let other people fight your fights for you?

I mean, after all, you made a point of chiding Dave Heil for
speaking on my behalf.

(Snickersnickersnickersnicker.....)

Because they weren't appealed, or couldn't you figure that out by
yourself? You can appeal a summary court martial on an issue of law or
an issue of procedure, but not based on evidence that wasn't available
or not presented at the hearing. Hence, no appeal. 18 alleged years in
the USMC and you don't know squat about the UCMJ......

I know more than you think.

you'd have to know more than he think you do, or for that matter than I
think you do.

I know a lot more than both of your together, no doubt.

OTOH no one is likely to find out what you might know under all the
Bull#### you spew forth

This is great!

A disgraced, twice court martialed, one enlistment, sick-bay
commando being "defended" by a never served, mentally deficient,
lied-about-being-a-colonel who admits to intentional deceit and deviant
behaviour!

Wadda pair!

Where, in the charter, does it require that anyone who posts here be a
ham?

It doesn't. But your snide, "Cut their throats any way possible"
attitude shows...

that is you balliwick Stevie

Nope.

You used to try
and exert control over your challengers by starting new threads with
almost every reply, yet for the past week you can't seem to break out
of -this- thread.

If you were paying attention, Frankie, the threads were in
response to MARKIE'S frequent changes.

So you have the mentality of a lemming -- as if -that's- a suprise....

As do you...Following your Feeble Five brothers without detour...

Brothers? really now you are charting new ground in your delusions

Nope.

Brothers summs it up nicely.

or is it just another Stevie lie

Nope.

Nice try yourself; just a couple weeks ago you prided yourself on your
ability to correct others on -their- spelling, putting yourself on an
intellectual pedestal above everyone else. But all of a sudden you
can't even find the spell-check button. Now you excuse yourself from
bad spelling by claiming that you are just as faulty as everyone else.
You fell off your pedestal, Dudly.

I never was on one, Frankie, and had never put myself over anyone.

big whooper

"whopper"

Nope.

Most of what "goes on" in this forum HAS been going one for YEARS,
Frankie...The "last few days" is irrelevent in the over all scheme of
things.

hmm you have made major admissiions in the last week been caught lying
again yea very little in the scheme of things

I've made NO "admissions", major or minor, Markie.

YOU have tried to draw conclusions based upon faulty or irrelevent
statements...In MOST cases you site as "quotes" words that you don't
actually QUOTE...

Or maybe they just realize that you're the loser you've turned out
to be...

Well, if -they- realized that much, why haven't you? You could have
simply put me in your killfile and be done with me, just like you
could have done with Len and others. Nope, you need to keep tabs on me
and others so as to make sure that you can counter any bit of proof
that exposes you as a liar. Your "friends" have abandoned you because
they have no interest in defending your lies.

What lies?

one the lie that you were going to killfile some of us

Some of you are.

Usually when you get into serious rant mode I just let you ramble
on until it's time to get into it again.

Neither you nor any of the other Feeble Five have proven a single
one, Frankie.

of course we have

No, you've not.

And thanks for YOUR "admission" of BEING in the Feeble Five,
Markie!

No, I am not predisposed to copying and posting my military
records, but I HAVE provided more than a few PUBLIC reference to
records that verify my having served.

more stevie lies

Where?

That's all it says, huh? An 8-1/2" x 11" sheet of paper that has only
one word printed on it: "HONORABLE". No qualifiers that would indicate
to whom or what the word is referring, who printed it, who authorized
it, or even why it exists? Whatever you say, Dudly.

Nice try again, Frankie.

You're getting lame.

you have already admitted to being disabled and then denied it was
pyscial so course it is mental as you are showing right now

"Physical"

No, it's not "mental", Markie.

And had I had a discharge from the Armed Forces for mental defect,
I would NOT have been allowed to ahve a Nursing license.

That you put your failed USMC service up front is nothing to be
proud of other than to admit to yourself that you did indeed fail to do
what you promised you'd do.

Failed?

Yes, FAILED.

Remember a couple of weeks ago YOUR lame efforts to suggest I had
violated an Oath to Defend the Constitution of the United States,
Markie?

Well Farankie had to take that SAME oath...and IN that oath HE
swore to obey the orders of those appointed above him.

He didn't do it.

Gee I would say being court marialed would make someone better suited
to comment on such, Not that I would value such experence to go through
it for nothing

"martialed"

I never needed to go through a court martial to learn that one
would be humiliating and would be a smear on my character for the rest
of my life, Markie...

I was never a "poster" Marine, nor was I guest of honor at any of
the presentations at 8th and I, but I DID manage to serve without a
single black mark in my SRB.

yea you were somekind kiss ### of course

Nope. I caught heat on a lot of occassions because I took a stand
on issues that I thoght were critical to do so on...

But there's a WAY and a MEANS to effecting that stand without
getting court martialed.

Actually, Frank, it will be YOUR offspring who are disillusioned.

you do think a lot of yourself and of this medium

It was Frankie's rant, Markie...

And I'm not the one carrying TWO court martials.

Then don't discuss your service. Just prove that you served.

I already have.

proven nothing Stevie

Proven that you and your Feeble Five Brothers are lairs and
cowards, Markie...especially Frankie who CLAIMS to have these great
resources at his disposal, yet can't seem to search them

You're a humiliation to yourself and the Marine Corps,
Gilliland...

...yawn.

And that is, no doubt, why you're an EX Marine.

indeed shows he grew up and moved on

Nope.

He's here.

He's still a disgraced, court martialed, EX-Marine.

Can't carry the day with assinine arguments that are easily
disproven with PUBLIC records, so start in on claims of "mental
illness"...

you are the one going about mental illness threats to call folks

What threats? Call whom?

Steve, K4YZ

Old September 2nd 05, 02:09 PM

From: on Sep 1, 3:37 am

There's truth that the four morsemen have tried through intimidation,
personal attacks, and talk of moderating the group and excluding
non-amateurs.

By all appearances, the "Four Morsemen of the Apocalypse" want to
exclude all but PCTAs in this newsgroup.

There's one of your deliberate misstatements, Leonard.

That's merely your wrong opinion. I happen to agree with Len.

They do so with charges of "stupidity" and "errors" and some
uncivil remarks including labels of "piranha" and "Foghorn Lenhorn"
and "little electrolytic acolyte" and other endearing terms.

Len, you've invented more rude names for folks than any person here.
You started out as windy, insulting, condescending and pontificating.
It went downhill from there. Poor baby. Tsk, tsk. :-) :-)

David, you've started out as you've ended up. Smug.

Then
they get upset by others calling them names. The PCTA extra Double
Standard is always invoked in their postings.

...and there's one of your factual errors.

Case in point is James Miccolis constant statement of "that's
just plain wrong" in regards to others' opinions...as if he were
the sole judge of what is right and wrong.

You know, Leonard, it's funny that when Jim uses that phrase, you almost
always turn out to be just plain wrong.

Len has never worked out of band Frenchmen on 6 meters. As far as I
know, only you hold that distinction and title.

Then there is his
(macro) paragraph of denunciation of my postings with uncivil
terms in it, repeated and repeated on his whim.

I don't see that profile of your likely actions to be a denunciation at
all. It reads like an accurate summary of your actions. All anyone has
to do is look at N2EY's profile and compare it with archives of your
past posts. Any reader can make a judgement as to whether the profile
is accurate or inaccurate.

Yours is smug.

By the way, tell us who was discussing moderating and closing the
newsgroup to non-hams and for what purpose.

Do your own homework.

My homework? You made mention of something but you don't care to be
specific. The matter remains unsubstantiated by you.

best of luck.

Heil forgets that I've openly SUGGESTED to the PCTA to get their own
MODERATED newsgroup.

I haven't forgotten. Brian Burke may have though. He seems to think it
was some sort of PCTA plot.

Then I stand corrected on that single point. However, Jim, Kelly,
RE-4YZ, and you repeatedly post that Len is not an amateur. The
purpose is to discredit Len's opinions, without considering his
opinions on their own merit. Luckily, we have a government body that
is not bound by such absurdity.

That way they can be assured of proper Group
Think and not be bothered by opposing opinions from non-PCTA folk.

Do you really think that any self-respecting radio amateur would let a
non-ham tell us to go away from a newsgroup dealing with amateur radio?
You've probably gathered that it won't happen.

Eternal hope shines brightly.

This newsgroup is UNmoderated and that is how most feel it should
be.

No kidding? Really?

Really, and without kidding.

But...Heil is easily upset and so he must VENT in here.

What accounts for non-radio amateur Anderson's VENTING in here? You've
haunted an amateur radio newsgroup for close to a decade. You weren't a
radio amateur back then and you aren't a radio amateur now.

Hmmmm? Why would Heil make such a statement?

I'll bet
you've retold your fascinating tale of BIG TIME HF work at ADA over
fifty times. It is a story having nothing to do with amateur radio and
everything to do with Len Anderson's desire to be recognized as
somebody. Well, you're certainly recognized, Len.

I especially like Jim's recounting amateur radio's contributions during
WWII when there was no legal amateur radio operations in the USA. He
cracks me up.

Lacking
valid arguments on SUBJECTS he attempts personal attack by constant
reference to non-licensed amateurs' postings as if those were "not
allowed." Heil acts the bigot on newsgroup participation.

I've never ever said anything about your postings not being allowed. I
have stated that I don't give them any credence and I've suggested that
others might want to discount the rantings of an old gent with no
experience in amateur radio. You've gone way, way beyond that. You
have, in comments to the FCC, said that they should disregard the
comments of several radio amateurs. You're pathetic.

Hmmm? You can ask folks to ignore Len, but Len cannot?

Heil (who claims to be a linguist of Hunnish) forgot, in another
post, that the fictious name of "Dudley" was used by author Earnest
K. Gann in his book, "Fate Is The Hunter." [my mention in here]
Frank Gilliland and I used another fictitious name of "Dudly" in
reference to another, a military pretender in here. There was no
misspelling of "Dudley" at all, just the use of "Dudly" to
differentiate from Gann's original name use. A shortened form of
"Dudly" is "Dud" which also fits that other, the pretender.

I see. It must be like your use of "Atila" to differentiate between the
real "Attila" and your use of "beligerent" to differentiate between real
warlike "belligerants". The name "Dudley" is an actual name. The name
"Dudly" doesn't exist. Very UNPROFESSIONAL, Leonard; very UNPROFESSIONAL.

It's less unprofessional than working out of band Frenchmen on 6
meters, IMHO.

You can tell the Mrs. that those dratted hams aren't giving you any
respect again.

Dave K8MN

One ham isn't. Never has. Too smug to be bothered by a non-ham.
Luckily we have a government organization....

Old September 2nd 05, 02:10 PM
Michael Coslo

John Smith wrote:
K0HB:

Yes, I have read a couple of books on the subject--most of the authors
strike me as being rather weak in math and especially in the area of
probability and statistics--quite possibly lotus-blossom-eaters.

It certainly is a lot easier to say "God makes it so, so it is"

First, just for starters, to get all the necessary elements formed into
the complex amino acids to create the RNA is preposterous--let alone the
actual creation of the RNA (and this would only be a virus--unable to
replicate on its own.)

Why no, it really isn't preposterous.

What are the titles of your books?

Next, to get a complex DNA structure would be
another extraordinary event, for the proper structure (organism) to be
present and form around the DNA AND be able to use the DNA would be
another extraordinary event, for this organism to be able to replicate
would be one more extraordinary event, for just one of these single celled
organisms to go "multi-cellular" would be one more extraordinary event,
then for each cell to develop specialized functions--another extraordinary
event, for them to form complete organs handling a specific
function--another extraordinary event.... AND THIS IS SUPPOSED TO GO
RIGHT ON UP TO WHERE THE ORGANISM IS CAPABLE OF SELF-REALIZATION, COMPLEX
THOUGHT AND CONSIDERS ITSELF TO HAVE A SPIRIT!

You are off the scientific track to begin with, otherwise you wouldn't
use the string of "Preposterous, Extraordinary, impossible, endlessly
number, impossible links, Impossible- end of story" stuff.

Want to see a few things that are interesting?

Look up lipid structures, and see their likely early life implications.
No miracles here, just simple chemistry.

You speak of RNA and DNA. When speaking of origins of life, it is
probably better to speak of metabolic pathways, as the DNA and RNA
probably evolved to accommodate them.

And are they complicated!

see http://tinyurl.com/dm8hu

This is a pdf file of the various metabolic pathways. While the major
ones are ATP and glycolysis, there are many.

Now whereas you may look at this chart, and say look how complicated!
this is proof that we are created by God!, I look at it and say "What
kind of God would create such a sloppy convoluted MESS!"

I can only speak for myself, but if I were to create life, I would
leave no doubt that it was created. There would be no processes, no
interconnected pathways, nothing of the sort.

My creatures would see because I made them see, would think because
they just do, and there would be no obvious source of life - cut one of
them open, and inside would be nothing.

A genuine miracle. Simple, and allowing of no argument.

... as you can quickly see, this chain of impossible, seemingly endlessly
numbered and impossible links of extraordinary events to have all
occurred, all at just the right time, all in just the proper order is just
too mathematically impossible to have any believe but those willing to
believe the most preposterous impossibility which could ever be devised...
in plain english--IT IS IMPOSSIBLE--END OF STORY!

You try to make it much more complicated sounding than it is.

Those books on the subject, start quickly to, toss around these CHAINS of
extraordinary events without the slightest considerations to the
mathematical possibilities, which end up being NON-EXISTENT!

What were those books again?

I had the fortune to have a mathematics professor who I worked with at the
university, who obtained a grant and was into computing these
possibilities, he WAS an atheist... and that is a true story!

In fact, it was this professor who first told me to look either for angels
or aliens--before he finally settled on the angels (intelligence NOT from
a mud puddle as you could ever find upon an earth-like planet)...

I just flat do not know what to think, it is all too impossible...
perhaps the answers are out there...
X-Files-theme-plays-in-the-background

... or, perhaps there is a very simple explanation we just have not
thought of--yet... any guess is as valid as another...

Well, the simplest answer is "All this comes from God". Simple, to the
point, and the great thing is that once you accept this, you need look
no further. You are her to worship him, and that is all the knowledge
needed.

If you want more, if the one liner answer is not enough, I would
suggest that you add time to your equations of impossibility.

As for your math professor, I wonder if he had the concept of time on
the billion year scale? Almost no one does.

How is it that the human has eyes? An exquisite organ of sense to be
sure. But before we throw up our hands and say that it was too
complicated a structure to have simply come about by chance, we might
want to take a look at the facts.

Phototropism exists at the lowest levels of life. There are bacteria in
the ocean that adjust the level at which they "swim" by the amount of
ambient light falling on them. It is a pretty simple thing. Various
creatures make use of this in varying degrees of complexity, from simple
organs that react to light coming from different directions, to simple
lensed eyes, to multi lensed wonders that detect movement, to reflective
layers behind the sensing structure that allow sight at the individual
photon level. As well as our eyes, which although wonderful, are not at
the top of the list for acuity.

But at it's root level, it *is* a simple thing. That's phototropism. A
chemical reaction that would exist if there were no life to put it in.

That is just one case. The other senses are also similarly simply
based. All based on detection of energy sources, and using those sources
to extract information from the environment.

Just like looking at a modern automobile. While they look very
complicated, at heart, they are just a compilation of simple machines.

This is in no way to say that life is not a wonderful and amazing
thing. It is. It is a messy, complicated, unruly, terribly imperfect yet
surprisingly resilient gastraphagus we have here.

And yet, some people look at it, and some throw their arms in the air
and say that "It is so complex! It could only have been created by
God!". While I look at it and say "It is so complex! I doubt any God
would create such a mess when under his total control, a simple life
form could be created".

It is worth study with an open mind. When you work on the billion year
time scale, all sorts of possibilities exist.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old September 2nd 05, 02:26 PM
Michael Coslo

Cmdr Buzz corey wrote:

KØHB wrote:

"John Smith" wrote

In fact, it was this professor who first told me to look either for
angels
or aliens--before he finally settled on the angels (intelligence NOT
from
a mud puddle as you could ever find upon an earth-like planet)...

The only thing that I can think of which is more impossible to believe
than "mud became man" is angels that just "were".

73, de Hans, K0HB

So where did all the matter in the universe orginially come from? If it
had no beginning, the it just "was". If it did indeed have a beginning,
the what was before that?

Personally, I suspect that answer may be hard to come by. My own
beliefs are that we are going to have to meld Big Bang and Steady State
together.

Big Bang has still not found Proton decay, which to me is a fatal flaw.
Steady State as it was thought of in the past, just doesn't hold up to
what we know today.

Certainly the idea of pre-Big Bang "foam" is interesting, but of
course, what was there before the "foam"? Was there a previous universe?
Given that the conditions and constants of the Universe were set by the
Big Bang, there isn't much doubt that any previous universe would have
been much different.

Where might the energy from these
universe/singularity/universe/singularity/universes have come from.

Perhaps the quantum world may give us some answers. Perhaps zero point
energy may have played a part.

- mike KB3EIA -

Old September 2nd 05, 02:36 PM
Michael Coslo

KØHB wrote:

"Cmdr Buzz corey" wrote

So where did all the matter in the universe orginially come from? If it had no
beginning, the it just "was". If it did indeed have a beginning, the what was
before that?

Since there was no universe, there was no time. If there was no time, there
obviously was no "before".

That is beginning to sound like "faith" Hans! (ducking and running)

Unfortunately, we can't just go on that idea. There are plenty enough
possibilites for what happened before the "Big Bang".

For a singularity (Big Bang precipitating event) to exist, there needs
to be something for it to exist *from*. Unless you propose the mother of
all zero point energy events. Of course, there must be something to have
a ZPE event from!

But there is always something.

Turtles all the way down!

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old September 2nd 05, 02:40 PM
Michael Coslo

John Smith wrote:

K0HB:

There is no such thing as time... time is something humans make up to
deal with their universe--there is only movement...

Read the Book "The End of Time". Cecil W5DXP turned me on to that.

Frankly, I don't quite buy the idea. The author throws away a lot of
concepts we have today that are explainable within the context of what
we already know. IOW, simple answers exist for things that he invents a
new universe for. Occams razor thrown out with the bathwater, so to speak.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old September 2nd 05, 04:39 PM
Michael Coslo

Cmdr Buzz corey wrote:

John Smith wrote:

In fact, it was this professor who first told me to look either for
angels
or aliens--before he finally settled on the angels (intelligence NOT from
a mud puddle as you could ever find upon an earth-like planet)...

I just flat do not know what to think, it is all too impossible...
perhaps the answers are out there...
X-Files-theme-plays-in-the-background

... or, perhaps there is a very simple explanation we just have not
thought of--yet... any guess is as valid as another...

John

The balance between the universe (as we know it) existing and not
existing is very delicate. Take the gravitional constant (the force of
gravity). If the gravitional constant were larger, stars would form no
bigger than the earth and would burn up in a very short time (less than
a year). If the gravitional constant were smaller, expansion of matter
would proceed at such a fast pace that gravity could not keep stars
together and ignite nuclear burning of their cores.

So how did this force of gravity come to be just the right amount of
force to allow creation of stars and planets? By accident or by design?

A question not likely to be answered anytime soon, if ever, but curious
minds want to know.

Sure enough.

Of course, the only uninverses that could allow sentient beings to
exist are those that emerge with conditions that do indeed allow that.
There is some thought that embyonic universes may pop into existance all
the time, but most have conditions, constants if you will, that do not
allow for their continued existance.

This may mean that in the universes that can exist, the conditions will
probably be similar enough that life can also exist.

Gotta love it!

Old September 2nd 05, 10:21 PM
Frank Gilliland

On 2 Sep 2005 05:15:01 -0700, "K4YZ" wrote in
om:

snip
(Snickersnickersnickersnicker.....)

=plonk=

Old September 3rd 05, 01:43 AM
Dave Heil

Nomen Nescio wrote:
In article . net
Dave Heil wrote:

Ethan Jones wrote:

In article et
Dave Heil wrote:

wrote:

Dave Heil wrote:

wrote:

Dave Heil wrote:

wrote:

Dave Heil wrote:

From: Dave Heil on Aug 28, 9:04 am

wrote:

Dave Heil wrote:

wrote:

From: on Aug 25, 2:42 pm

K4YZ wrote:

Dave Heil wrote:

Frank Gilliland wrote:

It has been quite varied and quite mild considering Len's typical
insulting demeanor. What Jim hasn't done is to prevent or attempt

prevent Len from making those comments.

The PCTA, including Jim Miccolis/N2EY, immediately set upon
discrediting Len's comments and opinions.

Correct. Questioning or discrediting is not what you claimed. What

you

said was that Len wasn't permitted to comment. You were incorrect.

Tsk, tsk, tsk...Heil sails the river denial again.

Denial, old bean? The words were there for everyone to read. Brian
claimed one thing and then rapidly backpedals to another position.

No back-pedalling, old has bean. Don't forget who was discussing
moderating and closing the newsgroup to non-hams and for what purpose.

You seem to have lost track of your own posted writings, Brian.

You seem to love playing stupid.

...and you, apparently, are not playing at it. You charged that Jim
prevented Len Anderson from commenting. There's no truth in your claim.

There's truth that the four morsemen have tried through intimidation,
personal attacks, and talk of moderating the group and excluding
non-amateurs.

Intimidating Leonard H. Anderson? How does one intimidate a piranha?
Len began personal attacks long before he got on the receiving end.
Discussion of moderating a newsgroup is not a forbidden subject.

I remember well when Leneoard was all upset that some regular poster
here decided to meet on 40m CW. Len probably considered his right of
free speech to be violated in that instance. Of course he was wrong.

The fact is that your claim that Jim Miccolis prevented Len from posting
here is utter nonsense. You're becoming well known for nonsense.

Dave K8MN

You *should* work on your audio, supposed "well known DX-er." For example,

when

you checked into that 3.865 net, it sounded like crap. Must be the cheap

radios

on your end.

I guess you're anonymous on the net as well as usenet. Maybe you'll
figure out a way to use two anonymous callsigns to disguise yourself.

Maybe you'll figure out something for once and it will be a first. You sure
can't figure out how to get good audio.

Take your medications, Roger. Get plenty of sleep. Tell the doctor if
the voices begin talking to you again.

Who's Roger, you utterly stupid man?

He's living proof that no man is a total loss. Roger serves as a
horrible example.

It sounds like you are on some medications
yourself.

You're hearing sounds?

Dave K8MN