Old November 20th 05, 02:56 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
an old friend

Default Windy Anderson's 11/14 Reply to Comments

Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
From:
on Thurs 17 Nov 2005 02:45

From: on Nov 16, 2:20 am
Dave Heil wrote:

In other words, if it didn't make money for you, it wasn't going to
get your time and effort.

You really can't understand anyone who doesn't have YOUR
immaculate set of "standards" can you?

I've met people like you, Len. They're all about what positions they've
held, how much they made, the cost of their home(s), the brand and year
of the car they drive. They miss a lot of life. They never seem to do
anything for the love of it.

sounds more like you and Stevie than Len

You don't tell us why *you* are so interested in something you are
not a part of and most probably never will be.

Take off your baby shoes and quit bawling like an infant.

YOU, still in your baby shoes, aren't worthy of an answer
to your demands for "motivation." When given, you won't
accept any reasonable explanation.

I don't care to be a baby sitter for some puerile mewling
about "baby shoes."

It isn't just about baby steps (not baby shoes), is it? You don't care
to join an activity where you'd still be considered a beginner, do you?
I mean, you haven't achieved the neophyte level in amateur radio.

more projecting and assuming agains Alas for Dave he does not seem to
know what ASSuming leads to

Let's see...I am retired from a successful career (from regular
hours, I still do contract work IF I want to) in electronics
design engineering, have a fine house (all paid for), have a
wonderful wife (who was also my high school sweetheart), have
had enough TITLES and POSITIONS to satisfy me, half century,
a comfortable income to handle easy living now.

What do your former employment, income, home and marital status have to
do with your getting an amateur radio license, Len?

what does the sexual habits of anyone have to do with it either?

doesn't stop you and Stevie from making an issue of them

You've told us how great things are for you many, many times, Len.
As if all that somehow explains your obsession.

"Obsession?!?" :-)

Trying to change federal law is an "obsession?"

In your case, yes, it is. You are obsessed.

so what then?

Yes, I can see where baby shoe wearers would get petulant and
whiny if their hobby radio toys and merit badges are
threatened...

But you still haven't taken even the first baby step to getting an
amateur radio license.

Again with "baby shoes." Irrational.

I do NOT NEED TO PROVE ANYTHING by getting more TITLES, more
certificates suitable for framing.

Not about that at all.

YES, it IS, Jimmie. You haven't graduated to ADULT shoes
yet and you are in middle age.

You can write "YES it IS" all you want. Obtaining an amateur radio
license isn't about those things.

it should not be but many Hamas don't seem to show they are not into
such such things

Then why are you so unfriendly here, Len?

PCTAs are NOT a friendly sort when their radio toys and merit
badges are threatened.

How are you threatening anyone's radio equipment, Len? Tell us about
the merit badges. Back to the question: Why are you so unfriendly here?

indeed I would like to know how Len posting is threatening to anyone
radio toys or license status

Len however is not truely able to explain that

perhaps if you or esp Stevie took a long hard look in the mirror you
might enlighten us

Especially those who are still wearing
their baby shoes such as yourself.

We are secure
in ourselves. We've "done it" and DON'T need to brag, don't
need more pretty certificates suitable for framing.

Then why are you here?

It is part of a greater effort to eliminate morse code testing
from United States amateur radio regulations on license exams.

How many times must I repeat that before you understand?

It'll likely never be understood by folks, Len. After all, you aren't
remotely involved in amateur radio. It sounds as if you have an obsession.

It seems to me that what you most enjoy about amateur radio is insulting
and denigrating radio amateurs via the internet.

Sorry, Jimmie, I only "insult" those poor misguided souls
who think that morse code mode communications is still
"cutting-edge technology skill" in radio.

That's simply incorrect, Leonard. You insult anyone who favors
retention of morse testing in amateur radio. I don't recall a single
soul who claims that morse code represents cutting edge technology.

Jimmie, WHY do YOU continue to insult, demean, anatagonize all
who see to remove the code test?

"Jimmie", "Brother of Dudly", "Reverend Jimmie", "Nun of the Above". Do
any of those sound familiar to you? Would you prefer to see a more
complete list of your insulting, demeaning and antagonistic names for folks?

Why are YOU so obsessed with retaining it?

Why are YOU so obsessed with regressing U.S. amateur radio?

Please explain how retention of morse testing is regression in any form.

by defeating the aims of the ARS haven't you been reading anything all
these years

After all, morse code is used daily by thousands of radio amateurs.

had enough of dave flushing the rest

Old November 20th 05, 03:37 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Dave Heil

wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
It should come as no surprise that Len Anderson's eight pages of
pontificating, self-important reply to the comments of Robert G.
Rightsell read almost exactly like his frequent pontificating,
self-important rants in r.r.a.p.
It should come as no suprise that Dave/K8MN has just posted his longest
post ever not providing the details or tips for aspiring DXers, but in
rediculing someone who has had an -almost- lifelong interest in radio.

"Rediculing"? You've spent so much time conversing with Mark that
you're starting to write like him.

Dave is trying to insult me.

Yep, I'm responding in kind to your usual red-hatted monkey routine.

No. You're responding in your usual smug way.

Yes, I'm responding directly to your wandering post which blabbered
about my not posting DX tips. That kind of thing is precisely your
little red-hatted monkey routine.

If I'd wanted to post an
instructional message on DXing, I'd likely post it to the DX newsgroup.
Do you need directions?

"Redicule"?

D-I-R-E-C-T-I-O-N-S. Do you need some?

Why would I need directions, Brian? I posted my material in exactly the
place I intended.

In my comments to the Commission, I did not find it necessary to target
a single individual or group, nor did I use terms like "puffery",
"egregious" or "insulting".

Perhaps you have no passion for the subject matter.

I have plenty of passion, but I lack Len's unique disposition.

Perhaps Windy just got his feathers ruffled in comments on an endeavor
in which he is not a participant.

He is participating in the comments and the replies. At the
Government's invitation.

....and he was as much a horse's patoot in his comments and replies to
the Commission as he is here.

Your organ grinder pal

Organ grinder pal?

Yep, as Hans Brakob has pointed out on a number of occasions, Len is the
organ grinder; you are the red-hatted monkey.

Hans the Dump Huck caller?

Yep, Hans can really call 'em.

Are you trying to insult someone?

Are you insulted that I've pointed out the obvious?

Do you still require D-I-R-E-C-T-I-O-N-S?

Still?

In your comments on RRAP, why do you
find it necessary to target single individuals and groups?

I don't just target single individuals, Brian. Married folks are fair game.

I notice that you're taken with Mark's wife.

You've noted wrongly. From early indications, if they hadn't
encountered each other, they'd be ruining two others' lives.

...hasn't yet taken the
first baby step toward obtaining an amateur radio license in all these
many years. He hasn't gotten into amateur radio. He isn't in amateur
radio. He will not be in amateur radio, no matter what he writes here.

I guess Len is relegated to a life of professional radio.

Len is relegated to his retirement from professional radio and to no
connection with amateur radio.

You never know when one will come out of retirement.

Didn't you know? He has a comfortable income, two houses (with no
mortgages), a spiffy car, an old Icom receiver and a dusty, small Johnson.

Carry on, little red-hatted monkey.

More insults? Way to go, Dave. Pillar of the radio community. Good
DX!

Examine your comments to my post and get back to me.

Not interested in your smug attitude and insulting behavio[u]r. But
thanks.

You were interested enough to post. Don't forget to leave your little
red hat at the door.

Dave K8MN

Old November 20th 05, 04:08 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Dave Heil

From: on Nov 17, 4:47 pm

Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:

It should come as no surprise that Len Anderson's eight pages of
pontificating, self-important reply to the comments of Robert G.
Rightsell read almost exactly like his frequent pontificating,
self-important rants in r.r.a.p.

It should come as no suprise that Dave/K8MN has just posted his longest
post ever not providing the details or tips for aspiring DXers, but in
rediculing someone who has had an -almost- lifelong interest in radio.

"Rediculing"? You've spent so much time conversing with Mark that
you're starting to write like him.

Dave is trying to insult me.

Yep, I'm responding in kind to your usual red-hatted monkey routine.

No. You're responding in your usual smug way.

Hello? Can we say Davie is also pompous and arrogant?

You could, but you'd come off as insincere. After all, you're the guy
who used a reply to comments to slam another individual, Windy.

Nope. Extra Morsemen are allowed any kind of personal insult
against others while all NCTA have to be "kind," "gracious,"
and "civil" to them. :-)

Did Mr. Rightsell single you out for some personal criticism?

If I'd wanted to post an
instructional message on DXing, I'd likely post it to the DX newsgroup.
Do you need directions?

"Redicule"?

D-I-R-E-C-T-I-O-N-S. Do you need some?

Davie could use OnStar with morse messages...?

Do you have OnStar, Len? It seems geared to mothers with small children
and geezers. I don't use it. After all, I've got a 160m-70cm rig in my
car. I can use SSB/FM/CW with it. Maybe after I'm older I'll look into
the security and peace of mind offered by OnStar.

In my comments to the Commission, I did not find it necessary to target
a single individual or group, nor did I use terms like "puffery",
"egregious" or "insulting".

Perhaps you have no passion for the subject matter.
Perhaps Windy just got his feathers ruffled in comments on an endeavor
in which he is not a participant.

He is participating in the comments and the replies. At the
Government's invitation.

Using my RIGHTS as a citizen. Tsk, tsk, Extra Morsemen want
NCTAs to abrogate their citizenship rights. Not good.

Abrogate your citizenship rights? That's blarney. If it wasn't for the
impolite methods you used toward Mr. Rightsell, I wouldn't mind seeing
you submit more material in your inimitable style, Leonard. You're your
own worst enemy.

Your organ grinder pal

Organ grinder pal?

Yep, as Hans Brakob has pointed out on a number of occasions, Len is the
organ grinder; you are the red-hatted monkey.

Hans the Dump Huck caller?

Once more, Extra Morsemen think they have civility immunity.

"Go fork yourself, Dudly."
"Go fork yourself, Jimmie."
"Go fork yourself, Davie."

--Leonard H. Anderson

Dave K8MN
Old November 20th 05, 04:14 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Dave Heil

From: "K؈B" on Fri 18 Nov 2005 01:16

wrote

We have NOT seen where any other radio amateur has
ever "worked" him on the amateur bands.

(Best observed using non-porportional font)

(best heard with BFO on?)

HyperLog extract station K0HB

Date ?Time?Call ?rcv?snt?Bnd?QRG ?Emm?PWR ?Name ?QTH
11/19/00?0052?K4YZ ?59 ?59 ?20 ?14.191?A3J?100 ?Steve ?Dunlap, TN ?
11/05/00?0111?K4YZ ?599?599?20 ?14.032?A1A?100 ?Steve ?Dunlap, TN ?

July 2001 issue of QST reports that K4YZ earned a "Clean Sweep" trophy for
working at least one station in each of the 80 ARRL and RAC sections during the
phone Sweepstakes contest the previous November. PDF available for viewing on
the web at
http://www.arrl.org/contests/results...one-sweeps.pdf

Sunuvagun!

...and the above "proves" Dudly the Imposter was in the USMC?

Of course it does. If any Extra Morseman says it, then it "must"
be true!

Okay, so someone works an amateur radio contest and that is a
"proof" of his/her military service?

Tsk, the military of the United States has entered a strange,
new world since 1989 where amateur radio contesting is somehow
an "honorable discharge."

What next, the Congressional Medal of Honor awarded to a ham
who relayed the most health and welfare traffic during hurricane
Katrina?

I see a large amount of your typical blather, Leonard. The fact remains
that you wrote (about K4YZ): "We have NOT seen where any other radio
amateur has ever "worked" him on the amateur bands."

Now you've seen.

Dave K8MN
Old November 20th 05, 02:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Dave Heil

From: Dave Heil on Nov 19, 3:59 pm

From: "K4YZ" on Wed 16 Nov 2005 20:30
From: on Nov 16, 2:20 am
Dave Heil wrote:

In my comments to the Commission, I did not find it necessary to target
a single individual or group, nor did I use terms like "puffery",
"egregious" or "insulting".
Poor baby. Does Davie think that all against the code test
are equivalent to "two-year-olds refusing peas at dinner"
as Robert Rightsell did?
And once again Lennie digs in with personal attacks...Yet INSISTS
that he doesn't do such things...
I don't. Dudly the Imposter can't distinguish between STRONG
formal commentary to the federal government and his usual
"putzy" venalities she makes to others in here...

Tell us, Len, what is "STRONG formal commentary"?

Apparently, anything that sets off David! :-)

Obnoxious people set me off, Leonard. Are you an obnoxious person? :-)
You used the term "STRONG formal commentary". What is it?

It doesn't matter to "judge' Heil since he discards any
"evidence" he doesn't like... :-)

It matters; it matters. Besides, I only discard the factually incorrect
material. :-) :-)

Does formal
commentary look like your derogatory comments toward Mr. Rightsell?

Are you Major Dud?

That'd be impossible. "Major Dud" is a fictitious character. You just
called me "David". Surely you know the difference. Does STRONG formal
commentary look like the stuff directed toward Mr. Rightsell?

Why do you "answer" to a reply to K4YZ?

Oh, did you think you were in an email exchange?

Why is it that you couldn't use the term "formal commentary"?

Why is it you can't shut up? :-)

Are you attempting to limit my First Amendment rights, Leonard, old boy?

For what reason was the word "STRONG" used and capitalized?

For what reason can't you let others - to whom replies are
clearly identified - reply for themselves?

You're posting in a usenet (not derived from "university network")
newsgroup. Anyone may post here in this amateur radio newsgroup (as
you've often pointed out) and anyone may reply to any post.

Why are you so fearful of opposing opinions against others?

You went way beyond "opposing opinions".

Can't take it anymore?

Does it appear that way to you?

You are no longer STRONG enough?

Strong enough for what, Len?

The rest of us readers have been waiting impatiently for the
PROOF of Dudly's claims.

I don't think so, Leonard. There is no evidence to support your statement.

There is no evidence to support your Johnson, either... :-)

My big Johnson is currently supported on a stout table.

[do you need a new supporter, scampering frisky one?]

Can you tell me how it is that you have knowledge of what "us readers"
are waiting for?

Here's a DOS Tip, heaping-big chief-of-the-keys: Just
make a formal statement to the FCC. WT Docket 05-235 is
still OPEN. You can file your little black heart out,
taking me to task for DARING to comment on something you
have "vested interest" in. You WILL be in public view for
as long as the Commission keeps that Docket open for
public view.

How would that answer the questions I posed to you? Why would I use the
same scurrilous methods used by you?

[WT Docket 98-143 is still open to the public for viewing
long after FCC 99-412 ordered the Restructuring of 2000;
you can even file on that one arguing NPRM 98-143]

If you need a model for a denunciatory reply to anyone,
go to that WT Docket 98-143, search for surname Robeson
at date 25 January 1999. There it is, "saddled and
waiting."

If I need such a model, I can easily reference your material about Mr.
Whitesell.

Of course, the FCC isn't considering such Comments after
the official ending date, but that is irrelevant to your
lofty purpose, isn't it? You are busy, busy, busy in
trying to shut up opposing opinions any which way you
can. Better improve on that because it isn't working.

So, why would I bother commenting if the FCC isn't considering the
comments? Were your comments submitted after the ending date? Aren't
they being considered by the FCC?

Keep the faith and keep on truckin to remove First
Amendment rights to every citizen who doesn't have an
official amateur radio license.

Didn't you just suggest that I shut up?

Need a copy of "My
Camp" in its original language?

You're parting with your signed, first edition? I'm honored, Len. I'm
good at the callbook address.

Seig Heil!

Interesting sig. I don't think we're related. That branch of my family
has been here for 140 years. The other branches had been here waiting
for better than 100-200 years.

Dave K8MN

Old November 20th 05, 02:57 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
K4YZ

nobodys old friend wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
From:
on Thurs 17 Nov 2005 02:45

From: on Nov 16, 2:20 am
Dave Heil wrote:

In other words, if it didn't make money for you, it wasn't going to
get your time and effort.

You really can't understand anyone who doesn't have YOUR
immaculate set of "standards" can you?

I've met people like you, Len. They're all about what positions they've
held, how much they made, the cost of their home(s), the brand and year
of the car they drive. They miss a lot of life. They never seem to do
anything for the love of it.

sounds more like you and Stevie than Len

Then you've not been paying attention, Markie. (Like THAT'S
new......)

It isn't just about baby steps (not baby shoes), is it? You don't care
to join an activity where you'd still be considered a beginner, do you?
I mean, you haven't achieved the neophyte level in amateur radio.

more projecting and assuming agains Alas for Dave he does not seem to
know what ASSuming leads to

How do you see Dave as "projecting"...?!?!

Dave's name has appeared in EVERY Amateur Radio journal (save,
perhaps, for "Ham Radio" and "QEX") at one time or an other for the
last 10-15 years that I am aware of.

Lennie WILL be a "beginner" as it pertains to Amateur Radio. He
may know how the trons flow, but he can't seem to operate a station.

Let's see...I am retired from a successful career (from regular
hours, I still do contract work IF I want to) in electronics
design engineering, have a fine house (all paid for), have a
wonderful wife (who was also my high school sweetheart), have
had enough TITLES and POSITIONS to satisfy me, half century,
a comfortable income to handle easy living now.

What do your former employment, income, home and marital status have to
do with your getting an amateur radio license, Len?

what does the sexual habits of anyone have to do with it either?

Depends on if you try to do one or the otehr at the same time.

doesn't stop you and Stevie from making an issue of them

Just following the cue, Markie...Just following the cue....

You can write "YES it IS" all you want. Obtaining an amateur radio
license isn't about those things.

it should not be but many Hamas don't seem to show they are not into
such such things

Jesus Fa-reekin-Key-ryst!

Now the Hamas is using Amateur Radio...?!?!?!

Who next? al-Queda? The PFLP? Red Faction Group?

Then why are you so unfriendly here, Len?

PCTAs are NOT a friendly sort when their radio toys and merit
badges are threatened.

How are you threatening anyone's radio equipment, Len? Tell us about
the merit badges. Back to the question: Why are you so unfriendly here?

indeed I would like to know how Len posting is threatening to anyone
radio toys or license status

Lennie is a liar. A prolific one and an verbose one.
Unfortunately, many people only hear the loudest squeak, and if scum
like Lennie isn't kept in his place, he can get away with his mischief.

Len however is not truely able to explain that

Of course not. Lennie will reply with any one of several
pat-answers about his rights and his "true intent", then go right on
with his open warfare against Amateur Radio.

perhaps if you or esp Stevie took a long hard look in the mirror you
might enlighten us

The problem is not in mine or Dave's mirror...

Please explain how retention of morse testing is regression in any form.

by defeating the aims of the ARS haven't you been reading anything all
these years

This argument of "Amateur Radio can't progress while there is a
Morse test in place" is a BS argument, and has been for the 30 years
that I have been an Amateur.

Need proof?

Go find a copy of November QST, dated 1975, and then tell me
there's not been ANY "progress' since then, Markie.

And I can tell you what ELSE you can find in 1975...My name and
callsign.

Know what you WON'T find in a 1975 QST...?!?!?

Lennie's name and callsign.

After all, morse code is used daily by thousands of radio amateurs.

had enough of dave flushing the rest

What you MEAN is that you''re tired of trying to effectively dodge
the questions and answer them with some meaningful response.

Steve, K4YZ

Old November 20th 05, 05:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Dave Heil

From: Dave Heil on Nov 18, 6:11 pm

From: K4YZ on Nov 17, 7:15 pm
wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:

Basically, it comes down to the fact that Len thinks he's too good to
have to learn Morse Code - or anything else - for an amateur radio
license.
[inaccurate heilian imagination...]

Inaccurate is quite right. I didn't right the paragraph above your
one-liner, Windy.

"Right," Man of La Mancha...:-)

Yes, it is right.

But Jimmie's prose is in the finest heilian tradition
of Writing Rongs. :-)

Prose?

There you go. You can't be bothered. So what's with the amateur radio
fetish, Len? Were you beaten with a Lightning Bug as a child?

Sorry, Davie, you'll have to clean your own mirror above
your computer...too many bugs on it.

That doesn't make sense, Leonard. I'm fine with morse code testing and
morse code use *and* I'm a radio amateur. The fetish is yours.

"Fetish?" :-) All for wanting to toss out an old, out-dated
code test that isn't useful to anyone but some old farts like
yourself?

You're the oldest fart here, Len and you aren't involved in amateur
radio. Like I said, you have a fetish.

Oh, yes, I remember your EXCUSES for using "CW" on a TTY
circuit in Africa someplace...you had to "synchronize"
your TTY machines.

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I made no excuses and you weren't involved in my work any more than you
are involved in amateur radio. In other words, you're a non-factor in
either.

If you wish to make a mountain out of a molehill, you can
get some staffer at Newington to look into my correspondence
with the late Vic Clark, then President of ARRL.

I'm sure it is all neatly archived. They just need to grab the "Leonard
H. Anderson" accordian folder.

Tsk, I didn't bother to keep mine, went in recycling years
ago.

You've been recycling here too. You've certainly gotten mileage out of
your irrelevant military experiences of better than half a century ago.

FCC 90-53 made it just the same. "One small step
for code test elimination, one giant leap for Technicians."

....and your correspondence with Vic Clark made that happen?

Did you know that both Tech classes together constitute almost
HALF of all U.S. amateur radio license grants? True!

Yep, when something is simple enough, many folks will opt for it rather
than attempting that which is more difficult. Many never go beyond the
easiest license despite the limited privileges it offers.

So your ideas were dismissed and you've never gotten over it. I knew
Vic Clark. He was a fine person.

Of course he was.

You've met him?

You've met everyone of note.

I have?

They visit
you at one of your embassies? :-)

Vic Clark was a silent key before I entered the Foreign Service. I've
met lots of notable people while in the Foreign Service--a U.S.
President, his wife, two Secretaries of State, a number of U.S.
Congressmen and Senators, former Finnish President Mauno Koivisto,
Forumula 1 driver Mika Salo and even trumpeter Clark Terry among others.
I got to see a number of other people of note--Secretary of State
George Schultz, Boris Yeltsin. Your name didn't come up.

Vic Clark expired years ago, Davie.

Lots of people expired years ago. That didn't preclude their having
been fine people.

You say nice-nice about the long-ago dead? That's nice.

....only the ones whom I considered fine people. It is nice.

It isn't exactly a civil rights movement, is it, Len? Did you guys
stage a big march on Newington?

Ohm my, aren't you the nasty fella? :-)

How is my question nasty, old timer? :-) :-)

"Newington" isn't the center of the universe.

Who wrote that it was, Leonard?

It isn't even the
center of the hamiverse.

Actually, in this country, it is the closest thing we've got.

What comes out of there is poesy of
the good old days in hamme radddio...following in the nightly
yellow footsteps of the Great One, "T.O.M."

What is "hamme radddio"? What nightly footsteps are in evidence and why
would they be yellow?

Sorry, lil Davie, but there was a "comment march" on Washington.
3,786 filings worth on WT Docket 05-235.

What, pray tell, is a "comment march". Is that anything like "message
knuckles"? Of those filings, were all in support of your position?

The anti-code-test movement is gaining momentum.

Not to the tune of 3,786 filings on 05-235, it isn't.

The year
2005 isn't 1935 anymore and fewer and fewer people are
agreeing with the code-aholics.

....and the year 2017 won't be 1865. Who are the code-aholics?

Try to learn to live with it. It's for your own good.

Let me see if I have it straight: 2005 isn't 1935 anymore? Did it used
to be?

You think elimination of the code test is "undermining"
amateur radio? I don't think so.

I think so and I'm *in* amateur radio.

Then dig your barricades deep. When the bulldozers over-
run you, more of your body parts will stay attached to
your body.

You aren't wrapped very tight.

Roughly half the U.S.
amateur radio community doesn't think so (if the 0.6% of
all licensees is a good sampling).

Roughly half? It looks like under half of the sampling.

ROUGHLY HALF, lil Davie.

Roughly, but not quite half, old Lennie.

Of course you are going to ARGUE your lil pointy nose off
that Joe Speroni's BIASED (definitely pro-code)
interpretations are some kind of super accuracy and
"valid." They aren't, but he's a morseman extra and
he's okay. :-)

Of course you are going to ARGUE that YOUR BIASED (definitely anti-code)
inaccurate interpretations are valid.

Are you an organization, Len? I was paid for my job.

By the Department of State.

Yeah? Weren't you paid by the organization which employed you? Tell us
about the guilds and unions and how you're like them.

You WERE from the government
and were there to "help."

I was of the government and I was there to help the government.

Which may explain the bad image
of the USA outside of our borders.

Would you care to see your own special profile again?

I've been paid as a musician.

Union or scab? [wanna see my AFTRA card? :-) ]

Were you an actor portraying a musician? :-)

I'm not paid as a radio amateur.

No? Awwwwww....

I'm not paid as an amateur astronomer.

Neither are you required to have ANY license to look at
frequencies higher than 300 GHz...such as way, way up
in light. :-)

What's your point? Amateurs at anything, aren't paid. They do things
for the love of doing them.

Does Palomar know about you? Does Schmidt help you?

No, I don't think you need anything additional to brag about, Len.

Davie, baby, "it ain't braggin' if ya DONE it. I done it."

Then you don't have a "braq quotionent", Len. You have an "I DONE it
quotionent", except that when it comes to amateur radio, you ain't done it.

Remember who used that Dizzy Dean misquote in here first?

The quote has been attributed to a number of people over the years.

You seem to do just fine the way things are.

Quite right, La Manchie...

You might want to brush up on
spelling if you want to include that in your "braq quotionent".

YESSIR, Mr. Herr Robust! I vill do as you kommand!

I vill WRIGHT all my RONGS! [just like you did]

The things you are unable to do--you're secure in them?

Absolutely.

Tsk, tsk, there are so many NEW things coming up, things
that weren't here before, that there's PLENTY of new
stuff to explore, to experiment with, to fool around with.

I didn't write about anything particularly new, Len. I asked about the
things you are unable to do.

Looks like your "braq quotionent" is doing fine.

HAY La Manchie, Ise doing lak ya said, tryin' ta WRITE mah
RONGS.

You gotsa prollem wid dat?

Some of your stuff defies response.

There's a nip in the air and the winter winds are gusting, Len.

Ooooo...you're RIGHT, OAT got down to mebbe 60 F tonight!

Stand here by the lodge hall window.

Good lord, WHY? I had lunch at Guild Headquarters today,
nice fellowship there. Food was okay.

I don't belong to any "lodge," sweetums. Haven't done that
drunken bit down at any VFW Lodge.

You often write as if you have great experience in doing so.

Use your tattered jacket sleeve to wipe
away some of the condensation.

Oh, oh...you've been cribbing your ill-literations from old
Reader's Digest magazines, haven't you?

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Some of the fellows are standing by the fireplace. The flames dance and
the pleasant scent of burning oak lingers in the room. A couple of
fellows are discussing their DXCC totals on Top Band. Look--four of the
members are sipping their hot buttered rum and laughing. By golly, I
think one of them mentioned "Anderson". I think they mean *you*, Len.

Not me, sweetums, they tawkin 'bout Anderson PowerPole connectors
for their mo-bile rigs.

Judas H. Priest, you lay those ill-literations on so thick
that the lowest-grade Associate Editor at Boys' Life would
yank it out of the slushpile and toss it in the circular
file muy pronto.

Dinna wurra, laddie, Boys' Life magazine will send you a nice,
polite form-letter REJECTION. Forget the Digest. Enquirer
doesn't go for THAT kind of syrupy, sloppy prose; I know a
free-lancer who does sell to NE. Maybe you could try the
poetry journals...don't know much about them.

"Fireplace?" "Burning oak leaves?" Mid-afternoon OAT (that's
Outside Air Temperature to you ground-bound earthlings) got
to 82 F today. Be about the same tomorrow. Gotta cut the
lawn tomorrow but that will be easy with my cordless electric
Craftsman mower (made by Black & Decker).

You poor, ignored blighter. You're still standing out in the cold and
looking in. I guess you showed us.

Sorry, you're thinking of Val Germann. He's been an unmodified
Tech for over three years. [my micro-fiber jacket isn't
tattered, you've got the wrong guy...]

It couldn't have been Val, Leonard. He's a licensed ham. He is
permitted full voting membership in the old lodge.

I was hangin' with some NBC West Coast Hq types at lunch. We
weren't talking about hamme raddddio.

No doubt. They probably weren't even discussing ham radio.

HDTV and remote pickup
trucks and some new graphics imaging came up like the Oscars
show and other events to be done in wide-screen. Lookin'
good in the neighborhood.

Irrelevant.

You got any DTV-compatible TVs, lil Davie? Nice stuff there on
cable TV service. Comcast has two cable channels for nothing
but wide-screen TV, lovely imagery, looks wonderful on the
27" LCD flat-panel we just got. Saw "Alias" and "CSI" in
wide-screen last night (Thursday). Great stuff. Action and
drama. Recreation! Enjoyment!

As a matter of fact, Leonard, I've been watching HDTV for better than
the past two years. Get your enjoyment where you can. For watching TV,
you're an insider. For amateur radio, you're an outsider.

Nah...you don't want that "crap," do you? You and your rum-
sipping buddies gotta grin about "pioneering the airwaves"
with "CW" and making all those point scores.

I have it, have had it and find that it doesn't preclude me from doing
the other things I care to pursue. In the watching television vs.
amateur radio arena, you're 1 for 2.

Keep up the
wunnaful, wunnaful vurk on DX...I hope your Orion can reach
the Dakotas to pay amateur tribute to Law-rence the box-
squeezer. "Ay vun an a too..." :-)

I worked a few Europeans and some South Americans last night on 160m CW,
Len. I did some testing of a 6m FM link to an area 70cm repeater last
evening with W8MSD and I squeezed in some HDTV viewing of college
football. You do as you can and I'll do as I choose.

Watch out on too much rum-sipping, old-timer. Follow the
mathematician's warning: "Don't drink and derive!"

Your stuff died with Vaudeville.

Fork yourself, Dave. You're done.

Actually, Len, statistics say that I should be at least a couple of
decades from being done.

Dave K8MN
Old November 20th 05, 08:28 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

From: Dave Heil on Nov 18, 6:11 pm
From: K4YZ on Nov 17, 7:15 pm
wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:

Basically, it comes down to the fact that Len thinks he's too good to
have to learn Morse Code - or anything else - for an amateur radio
license.

And that's a plain, simple fact.

Did you know that both Tech classes together constitute almost
HALF of all U.S. amateur radio license grants? True!

Yes, it is!

But let's look at the trend:

On May 14, 2000, those two license classes constituted 49.5% of current
unexpired US amateur radio licenses held by individuals.

On November 15, 2005, those two license classes constituted 48.0% of
current unexpired US amateur radio licenses held by individuals.

The percentage of licenses, as well as the total number of licenses,
held by the combined group of Technicians and Technician Pluses has
dropped considerably in the past 5-1/2 years.

OTOH:

On May 14, 2000, General class licenses constituted 16.7% of current
unexpired US amateur radio licenses held by individuals.

On November 15, 2005, General class licenses constituted 20.4% of
current unexpired US amateur radio licenses held by individuals.

On May 14, 2000, Extra class licenses constituted 11.7% of current
unexpired US amateur radio licenses held by individuals.

On November 15, 2005, Extra class licenses constituted 16.2% of current
unexpired US amateur radio licenses held by individuals.

Sorry, lil Davie, but there was a "comment march" on Washington.
3,786 filings worth on WT Docket 05-235.

And the majority supported at least some code testing.

Tsk, tsk, there are so many NEW things coming up, things
that weren't here before, that there's PLENTY of new
stuff to explore, to experiment with, to fool around with.

And you're not part of them, Len.

Old November 20th 05, 09:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

From: Dave Heil on Nov 19, 8:08 pm

From: on Nov 17, 4:47 pm
Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:

[...]

Heil started this thread with an overt personal insult against
me. QED ("it is as demonstrated")

Did Mr. Rightsell single you out for some personal criticism?

No, but you do not understand the procedings of public
commentary on Notices of Proposed Rulemaking. Think of
it as a form of politics. In politics the "gloves come
off" many times and that is acceptible.

Do you have OnStar, Len? It seems geared to mothers with small children
and geezers. I don't use it. After all, I've got a 160m-70cm rig in my
car. I can use SSB/FM/CW with it. Maybe after I'm older I'll look into
the security and peace of mind offered by OnStar.

I do not have OnStar. I do not need any GPS device.

AAA membership and a cellular telephone serves adequately
for long automobile trips. Map services on the Internet
(from both AAA and MapQuest) provide detailed driving
directions and warnings of highway construction undwerway.
My wife and I recently completed a 5,200 mile trip to the
midwest and back. This is the third such long trip we have
done in six years. We have driven to Washington state many
times (a mere 1,000 miles) as well in those six years.

Whichever one of us is at the wheel during those trips
knows to pay primary attention to driving, not playing with
hobby radios.

Abrogate your citizenship rights? That's blarney.

"Plain, simple fact:" WT Docket 98-143, 25 January 1999,
Comment by Robeson. Clear attempt by him to deny my
exercising First Amendment rights.

If it wasn't for the
impolite methods you used toward Mr. Rightsell, I wouldn't mind seeing
you submit more material in your inimitable style, Leonard. You're your
own worst enemy.

"Impolite?" :-)

Heil is terribly upset by ONE Reply to Comments. I have filed
SEVEN Replies to Comments plus one Comment on Docket 05-235.

Heil has had ample time to file his own Reply to Comments
on my Replies to Comments. Heil has not. Heil wishes to
vent his bile, spite and anger in here. shrug

Your organ grinder pal

Organ grinder pal?

Yep, as Hans Brakob has pointed out on a number of occasions, Len is the
organ grinder; you are the red-hatted monkey.

Hans the Dump Huck caller?

Once more, Extra Morsemen think they have civility immunity.

All note the title of this thread containing an overt personal
insult directed at myself. :-)

"Go fork yourself, Dudly. [he's done]"
"Go fork yourself, Jimmie. [he's done]"
"Go fork yourself, Davie. [he's done]"

A common cook's technique to ascertain the condition of meat
or fowl being cooked in an oven, grill, or barbeque. It
enables determining when it has been cooked enough.

It appears that the individuals alluded to have been roasted,
spitted, and grilled overmuch if they complain so readily. :-)

Maybe I should have used more marinade? I tried Tenderizer
but that didn't stay on their foul.

Bon apetit!