Old May 13th 07, 07:34 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Default I'd buy that for a dollar!

"Ken G." wrote in message
Whoever did that estate sale, obviously, did not have their client in
their best interest or even had a clue ... ... and Phil, knowing what
you know, you ripped your neighbor off ...

Well Graham some of these estate cleanout sales are geared to get rid of
stuff instead of trying to run an antique shop where half the stuff dont
sell because its all priced to high

..... one of the goals, in our business, is to move as much as we can on the
sale days, but is it not the only one, nor is it #1 ... everything, in
all of the
sales I have done in the past 10 years (several hundred) does sell,
either
at the sale, on consignment or goes to an alternate market ....

then the estate sale company just keeps it & sells it .

.... nobody, that I know of,in this town,does that ... you are speculating

I noticed this happening here years back so most
people now just sell the stuff themselves .

.... most of the time, the family doing the sale is big mistake, we can
usually
make the family more money if they hire us to do the sale, even after
our commission ..

.... homeowners, family members and people not in the business, just don't
know what their items are worth or what to price them at as evient in
Phil's T/O find for a buck at a sale by the family ...

have not seen an ``estate cmpany`` doing estates here for some time now .

.... that is because there is no market

One estate sale company near here gathers up the good stuff , looks up
its value from books and internet then puts 1/3 that value on the stuff

.... we all use the internet as a reference ... only 1/3 ??? that's not right

Ken, I think you would be more comfortable passing the estate sales
and sticking to the garage sales ... garage sale pricing seems be be more to
your liking ... do not expect garage sale prices at estate sales

Old May 13th 07, 08:16 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"Ken G." wrote in message
Whoever did that estate sale, obviously, did not have their client in
their best interest or even had a clue ... ... and Phil, knowing what
you know, you ripped your neighbor off ...

And if you DO offer them more than they're asking, you're rewarded often by
having them suddenly decide it's no longer for sale. Eddie brimer has then
had the item later end up in the landfill, just ask him. no good deed goes
unpunished.

By the way, let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

John H.

Old May 13th 07, 09:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Hagstar wrote:
no good deed goes unpunished.

Truer words were never spoken.
I've been thinking about have it tattooed in reverse
on my forehead so I can read it every time I look in the mirror.
Maybe then I'd remember it.

Ron
Old May 13th 07, 09:25 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"Hagstar" wrote in message

"Ken G." wrote in message
Whoever did that estate sale, obviously, did not have their client in
their best interest or even had a clue ... ... and Phil, knowing what
you know, you ripped your neighbor off ...

And if you DO offer them more than they're asking, you're rewarded often
by having them suddenly decide it's no longer for sale.

.... so what, it is theirs .. they are not bound to sell it to you ...
.... you are not entitled to it ...

Eddie brimer has then had the item later end up in the landfill, just ask
him.

... so, he is not entitled to it either ...

no good deed goes unpunished.

.... are you revealing a flaw in your character ...

By the way, let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

.... never said I was perfect, I just commented on
Phil's T/O acquisition

.... everyone that reads this group and on AR+P knows that it is
worth far more than $1.00

Old May 14th 07, 03:48 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

graham wrote:

... everyone that reads this group and on AR+P knows that it is
worth far more than $1.00

Bullcrap. At that time, at that place, with the people involved - the
TO was worth $1.00. Get over it.

sheesh.
--
randy guttery

A Tender Tale - a page dedicated to those Ships and Crews
so vital to the United States Silent Service:
http://tendertale.com

Old May 14th 07, 04:08 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"Randy or Sherry Guttery" wrote in message
graham wrote:

... everyone that reads this group and on AR+P knows that it is
worth far more than $1.00

Bullcrap. At that time, at that place, with the people involved - the TO
was worth $1.00. Get over it.

.... evidently, I will remember your statement ...
a t/O A600 is worth a dollar ...

.... I'll give you $5.00 for yours, or is it not the
right time, place or the 'correct' people involved ...

.... there is nothing to get over ...

Old May 14th 07, 05:06 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

graham wrote:

... everyone that reads this group and on AR+P knows that it is
worth far more than $1.00

Bullcrap. At that time, at that place, with the people involved - the TO
was worth $1.00. Get over it.

... evidently, I will remember your statement ...
a t/O A600 is worth a dollar ...

... I'll give you $5.00 for yours, or is it not the
right time, place or the 'correct' people involved ...

... there is nothing to get over ...

Other than your being a whiny, greedy little weasel? Now I remember
why I have you kill filed on news:rec.antiques.radio+phono You distort
what people say in a lame attempt to try to make your point, yet its
obvious that you can't be trusted. When you can't do that, you point
out a typo.

Not every estate has something worth selling, and some are settled by
bring in a construction dumpster to haul away anything the family
doesn't want.

I can't remember the last time I saw an estate sale advertised near
here. The ads that turn up on line are for places up to 200 miles
away. What does show up are EMPTY homes, land, high mileage vehicles
and show animals.

BTW, I will not post any details online about the city I live closest
to, because of our resident stalker.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Old May 14th 07, 11:51 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Ten years ago I would probably have agreed that buying something for much
less than it was worth was dishonest at best (even if the seller was a
stranger), and theft at worst.

But the marked has changed. Most people know that almost anything can be
sold on eBay. This TO was an old radio, in good condition. If the seller
chose not to use the market available to them (heck, there are even stores
that sell stuff on eBay for you), I feel little sympathy.

Wouldn't common sense suggest tagging it for $50, on the off-chance someone
will pay that much? A high price leaves room to haggle. But it's hard to ask
someone for more than the tag price.

Old May 14th 07, 02:34 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
. ..
Ten years ago I would probably have agreed that buying something for much
less than it was worth was dishonest at best (even if the seller was a
stranger), and theft at worst.

But the marked has changed. Most people know that almost anything can be
sold on eBay. This TO was an old radio, in good condition. If the seller
chose not to use the market available to them (heck, there are even stores
that sell stuff on eBay for you), I feel little sympathy.

Wouldn't common sense suggest tagging it for $50, on the off-chance
someone
will pay that much? A high price leaves room to haggle. But it's hard to
ask
someone for more than the tag price.

For some people it's just a question of getting it out of the house and
fifty dollars one way or the other isn't going to change their lives.