Old May 12th 07, 10:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Default I'd buy that for a dollar!

Snagged at an estate sale three blocks from here for $1. And this in a town
where "estate sale" usually means a broken plastic toddler slide and two
boxes of chewed-up My Little Ponies.

Yes, it has the 1L6.

Phil Nelson

Attached Thumbnails
I'd buy that for a dollar!-to2.jpg
Old May 13th 07, 01:25 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Phil Nelson wrote:

Snagged at an estate sale three blocks from here for $1. And this in a town
where "estate sale" usually means a broken plastic toddler slide and two
boxes of chewed-up My Little Ponies.

Yes, it has the 1L6.

Phil Nelson

[Image]

[Image]

Beauty! Looks nice & clean - like it wasn't used that much.

Rick
Old May 13th 07, 02:05 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"Phil Nelson" wrote in message
Snagged at an estate sale three blocks from here for $1. And this in a
town where "estate sale" usually means a broken plastic toddler slide and
two boxes of chewed-up My Little Ponies.

Yes, it has the 1L6.

Phil Nelson

Give you a tenner for it Phil (j/k). Nice catch.

Old May 13th 07, 02:25 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"Phil Nelson" wrote in message
Snagged at an estate sale three blocks from here for $1. And this in a
town where "estate sale" usually means a broken plastic toddler slide and
two boxes of chewed-up My Little Ponies.

Yes, it has the 1L6.

Phil Nelson

Amazing what you can pick up you least expect it!

Good One!

--
Highfields Amateur Radio Club: http://highfields-arc.co.uk

Old May 13th 07, 03:03 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"Phil Nelson" wrote in message
Snagged at an estate sale three blocks from here for $1. And this in a
town where "estate sale" usually means a broken plastic toddler slide and
two boxes of chewed-up My Little Ponies.

Yes, it has the 1L6.

Phil Nelson

Whoever did that estate sale, obviously, did not have their
client in their best interest or even had a clue ...
.... and Phil, knowing what you know, you ripped your neighbor off ...

.... wow, good for you ....

Old May 13th 07, 05:39 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

... and Phil, knowing what you know, you ripped your neighbor off ...

Actually, my wife brought it home. Along with a bunch of moldy junk that I
would pay her about $100 to take back!

I guess it all averages out, though.

Phil

Old May 13th 07, 07:35 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Wow, nice score, that should clean up real well. It's also good to know
that your wife doesn't mind your hobby

--

Shawn K
www.thisoldradio.com
Old May 13th 07, 01:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

I'll give you twenty . Lovely!

John H.

Old May 13th 07, 05:44 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Whoever did that estate sale, obviously, did not have their client in
their best interest or even had a clue ... ... and Phil, knowing what
you know, you ripped your neighbor off ...

Well Graham some of these estate cleanout sales are geared to get rid of
stuff instead of trying to run an antique shop where half the stuff dont
sell because its all priced to high then the estate sale company just
keeps it & sells it . I noticed this happening here years back so most
people now just sell the stuff themselves . I have not seen an ``estate
company`` doing estates here for some time now .
One estate sale company near here gathers up the good stuff , looks up
its value from books and internet then puts 1/3 that value on the stuff

Old May 13th 07, 06:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

I noticed this happening here years back so most people
now just sell the stuff themselves . I have not seen an ``estate
company`` doing estates here for some time now .

Yeah, this sale was run by the family, not a company. Most things were
priced at $1 or less . . . and rightly so.

I'm still scratching my head wondering how there happened to be a TO in the
midst of all that junk. No sign of any other kind of radio stuff, unless you
count a broken Realistic stereo system from the 1980s.

They will be lucky to get a thrift store to take the remainder once the sale
is over. The thrifts around here are getting more picky about what they will
take as a donation.

Phil Nelson