Old August 18th 07, 10:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Default Fada 43Z cabinet restore

Just finished a restore of my FADA 43Z cabinet.
In the pic there is a yellow circle on the left where I made the trim pieces
that were missing. This arched section was carved out of balsam wood,
soaked in clear Varathane and left to dry to harden. The other yellow
circles are where the repwood was broken and repaired.
The grill cloth has been replaced also.
The front, side bottom was done in Mohawk Perfect Brown Finish toner and the
case was in Varathane Dark Walnut stain.
This picture is taken in the sun so is lighter than actual.

Brian

Attached Thumbnails
Fada 43Z cabinet restore-100_9625repair.jpg
Old August 20th 07, 11:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

NICE work- I can't even tell it was fixed, beautiful set too.

John H.

Old August 21st 07, 12:22 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Thanks
Brian

"Paul P" REMOVE paul @ REMOVE ppinyot . REMOVEcom wrote in message
I am impressed. Great work.

Paul P.
.. .

Old August 21st 07, 12:22 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Thanks
I will work on the chassis once the fall sets in.

Brian

Old August 21st 07, 06:20 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Nice work. I will have to remember the balsa wood trick. Did you use the
same technique on the broken repwood areas, or something else (bondo . . .)
?

Phil

Old August 21st 07, 09:10 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"Phil Nelson" wrote in message
Nice work. I will have to remember the balsa wood trick. Did you use the
same technique on the broken repwood areas, or something else (bondo . .
.) ?

Phil

The rep pieces where there just have to glue them into place and smooth out
the joints.

Brian