Old November 28th 07, 01:52 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Ken Ken is offline

Default Chassis holding jig

I spent weeks building a large rotisserie type holder, found it to be
too large, too fussy to set up. In less than an hour I threw together
this temporary one which has become the only one I use. Both front
support and back fold together for storage. Most chassis lay in with no
problem, sometimes I need additional support depending on what sticks up
on the chassis. It's only 9" wide by 9" deep, but will hold a pretty
large radio in perfect position on the bench. Ken

Attached Thumbnails
Chassis holding jig-chassisjig4.jpg  Chassis holding jig-chassisjig5.jpg  Chassis holding jig-chassisjig6.jpg
Old November 28th 07, 05:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

That looks like an effective piece.

Another one is the adjustable one that Bill Turner made. He photographed it
and I scanned and posted the images for him a year or two ago. Here it is
again:

Attached Thumbnails
Chassis holding jig-chassis-jig-bt-empty-l-010403.jpg  Chassis holding jig-chassis-jig-bt-loaded2-l-010403.jpg  Chassis holding jig-chassis-jig-bt-loaded1-l-010403.jpg
Old November 28th 07, 08:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Ken Ken is offline

Buck Frobisher wrote:
That looks like an effective piece.

Another one is the adjustable one that Bill Turner made. He photographed it
and I scanned and posted the images for him a year or two ago. Here it is
again:

But I like the bottom to face me, not to be vertical or horizontal,
about 20 deg. up from horiz. Ken
Old November 29th 07, 07:07 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

I cant see where any of those does anything ? take it away and lay the
chassis on the bench .

Old November 29th 07, 08:34 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Heavy metal L brackets screwed into the chassis with the original mounting
screws.

Very secure, and if you prefer a tilt, put a 2x4 underneath the front edge.

Phil Nelson

Attached Thumbnails
Chassis holding jig-midwest18-3620.jpg