Old March 16th 08, 09:52 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Default OT - It's Melting!!!

On track to a new record snow fall - 2" more to go to equal 1971-72 snow
fall - we have had 8ft 10inches of the white stuff so far.

BUTTT it is starting to melt, had a major thaw in Jan that wiped out most
but really want to strangle that damn groundhog that didn't forsee the crap
load of winter ahead.

Made it so I could work on a lot of chassis but I want out, never thought I
would say this, I want to cut grass.

Brian
Peterborough, Ontario, Canada area

Attached Thumbnails
OT - It's Melting!!!-100_0570a.jpg
Old March 17th 08, 02:58 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 17:52:25 -0400, "amyotte"
wrote:

On track to a new record snow fall - 2" more to go to equal 1971-72 snow
fall - we have had 8ft 10inches of the white stuff so far.

BUTTT it is starting to melt, had a major thaw in Jan that wiped out most
but really want to strangle that damn groundhog that didn't forsee the crap
load of winter ahead.

Made it so I could work on a lot of chassis but I want out, never thought I
would say this, I want to cut grass.

Brian
Peterborough, Ontario, Canada area

Nice shot--the sky is beautiful. It was 96 down here in south Texas
yesterday!!! I grew up outside of Philly, but really don't miss the
snow...well, maybe a little!
Old March 17th 08, 01:26 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

wrote:

On track to a new record snow fall - 2" more to go to equal 1971-72 snow
fall - we have had 8ft 10inches of the white stuff so far.

BUTTT it is starting to melt, had a major thaw in Jan that wiped out most
but really want to strangle that damn groundhog that didn't forsee the crap
load of winter ahead.

Made it so I could work on a lot of chassis but I want out, never thought I
would say this, I want to cut grass.

Brian
Peterborough, Ontario, Canada area

Thank god for global warming, without that you'd have set all-time
records back in January!
Old March 17th 08, 09:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Where I am in Canada, it was a much warmer wilnter than normal. And that
allowed for more snow. It normally would get to cold to snow for about
five or eight weeks. Around -15 C. Instead it was always -5 C and warm
enough to make snow.

Old March 17th 08, 09:35 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"The Visitor" wrote in message
Where I am in Canada, it was a much warmer wilnter than normal. And that
allowed for more snow. It normally would get to cold to snow for about
five or eight weeks. Around -15 C. Instead it was always -5 C and warm
enough to make snow.

I liked last years winter - didn't start till end of January. At Xmas I was
burying coax for my far end fed antenna.

This year it started at beginning of Nov.

At my parents place there is a poem on a picture...

As a rule a mans a fool
When it's hot he wants it cool
When it's cool he wants it hot
Always wanting what it's not.

Bring on the scorching days of July, I'll bitch then too.

Brian

Old March 18th 08, 02:15 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

I will look later. I am not in Oz. This was a warm winter yet record
amounts of snow. We only get snow in the 0 to -8C range. Then it is
heavy, wet and lots of it. If it is colder, then the snow is very light.

Personally, I like it!

John

flipper wrote:
On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 17:06:44 -0400, The Visitor
wrote:

Where I am in Canada, it was a much warmer wilnter than normal. And that
allowed for more snow. It normally would get to cold to snow for about
five or eight weeks. Around -15 C. Instead it was always -5 C and warm
enough to make snow.

The best records available show global cooling for at least the last 3
years with 2008 being a drastic decline.

For someone who predicts more cooling see...

http://www.lavoisier.com.au/papers/C...hibald2007.pdf

Old March 18th 08, 02:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

http://www.lavoisier.com.au

Ha ha ha.

What a waste of time.

flipper wrote:

On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 22:15:53 -0400, The Visitor
wrote:

I will look later.

Ok. I suggest you do. It's a good read.

I am not in Oz.

What has that got to do with "global warming?"

Old March 18th 08, 08:29 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

flipper wrote:

Or is your version of 'science' a preconceived conclusion rejecting
anything that doesn't comport with it?

My version???? My version? No, I support neutral scientific
investigation without any pre-set agenda or attitudes or pre-drawn
conclusions. I especially dislike special intrest groups, and lobby
groups. Like some funded by oil interests.

Or groups worried mainly about protecting aluminium smeltin industry and
power generation. Hmmmm.
Or groups run by an ex finance minister and their concerns are mainly
avoiding economic impact.

I imagine if the www were older there would be websites expounding the
benifits of cigarette smoking for better health and clearing the lungs.
Like the old commercials featuring actual doctors promoting various brands.

=====================

http://www.lavoisier.com.au

Lavoisier Group Inc.

Can you tell me who funds this "group"?

I googled some names of their executives.
Do they have any real scientists in it?

From their website....

"...a group of Australians, concerned that there has been very little
ongoing public debate about these proposals, founded the Lavoisier
Group...We are of the view that the science behind global warming policy
is far less certain than its protagonists claim,..."

Don't you think they will only publish crap supporting what they want
others to think?

What a waste of time.

Old March 18th 08, 11:14 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

I noticed you are in Peterbourough. I am in Burlington. Not as much snow
as you, but lots for us. Waaaay lots more than normal. I think because
the temperature didn't get too cold. Remember winters past when it was
-15 for a month or so. The crunch crunch sound of snow under foot?
Gassling your car up and getting your nose frooze? None of that this
winter. But we kept getting the heavy wet snow off the lake. Makes me
glad I have two snow blowers!

What kind of antenna farm are you running?

John

Old March 19th 08, 02:22 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

flipper wrote:

You refuse to even consider the merit of the facts and arguments made.
That isn't 'science' nor logic.

But I did consider what was written.
My advise to anybody, "What a waste of time."

But that is just my personal thoughts.
Anybody else, any established posters to this group, please chime in.

John

P.S. Who finances this group?????

Markies melting down yet again tonight U-Know-Who Policy 4 December 21st 06 02:17 PM
Mobile HF antenna melting.... pete365 Antenna 7 October 5th 04 11:51 PM
Dipole keeps melting? Andy Antenna 10 May 12th 04 08:07 PM
prventing switches melting ??? uk-hamman Homebrew 10 October 30th 03 06:11 PM
prventing switches melting ??? uk-hamman Homebrew 0 October 28th 03 11:52 PM