Old June 12th 08, 06:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Default Eye problems

In article ,
"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

What other choice do I have? If I could afford to use anyone else, I
would already be. No one gives a **** about Veterans needs, but they
love to tell lots of lies about what they'll do if we're stupid enough
to elect them. Even the nurse at the VA clinic tried to dismiss the
problem by telling me, "Just go to Walgreen's and buy some eye drops."

You all need to remember this with the promise of 'National Health
Care'. They can't even get it right for a couple percent of the US
population so you can well imagination just how FUBAR it will be when
applied to everyone.

So, this is where we are all headed with the coming national health care
system, rationed health care? The congress is already chomping at the
bit to change Medicare part D to the VA model and Formulary next year,
once Bush is out of office and no longer presents a veto threat.

Regards,

John Byrns

Old June 12th 08, 09:15 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"John Byrns" wrote in message So, this is where we
are all headed with the coming national health care
system, rationed health care?

Yes it is where we are all headed and our Vets have taken it in the shorts
for ever. Have you ever been to VA hospital? Under funded ********s is what
they are. The way our Vets are treated is despicable. My uncle did two
combat tours of duty back to back, first in Korea and then in Nam. He's has
cancer from Agent Orange and our govs first and only offer of restitution
was a big check for $650. I hate those mother ****in pigs! Sorry guys about
the language but when people like Michael and my Uncle suffer after signing
their lives away to defend us and can't get the help they deserve, it really
makes me fighting mad. We should all put an end to this madness. It's gotten
way out of hand.

--
Regards
B.H.

Brian's Radio Universe
http://webpages.charter.net/brianhill/500.htm

Old June 12th 08, 09:34 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"Brian Hill" wrote in message ...

"John Byrns" wrote in message So, this is where we
are all headed with the coming national health care
system, rationed health care?

Yes it is where we are all headed and our Vets have taken it in the shorts
for ever. Have you ever been to VA hospital? Under funded ********s is
what they are. The way our Vets are treated is despicable. My uncle did
two combat tours of duty back to back, first in Korea and then in Nam.
He's has cancer from Agent Orange and our govs first and only offer of
restitution was a big check for $650. I hate those mother ****in pigs!
Sorry guys about the language but when people like Michael and my Uncle
suffer after signing their lives away to defend us and can't get the help
they deserve, it really makes me fighting mad. We should all put an end to
this madness. It's gotten way out of hand.

And then McCain decides that he doesn't like the new GI bill because he's so
afraid that if it passed, and they were actually GIVEN anything for their
service, that they might leave after just three years. That's the lamest
reasoning I've ever heard in my life. The folks that are going to leave the
service after three years already have that idea going in, GI benefits or
not. The ones that plan to make it a career do so, benefits or not.

Old June 12th 08, 09:51 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message

"Brian Hill" wrote in message ...

[...]

Well the cats out of the bag now in regurds to how soldiers are treated so
I'd bet it'll be quite a bit harder in the future to enlist any decent
recruits. McCains a sellout that forgot where the **** he comes from. Does
money caviar and fame do that to some people? Answer-Yes!

BH

Old June 12th 08, 11:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

In article , "Brian Hill" wrote:

"John Byrns" wrote in message
So, this is where we
are all headed with the coming national health care
system, rationed health care?

Yes it is where we are all headed and our Vets have taken it in the shorts
for ever. Have you ever been to VA hospital? Under funded ********s is what
they are. The way our Vets are treated is despicable. My uncle did two
combat tours of duty back to back, first in Korea and then in Nam.

I was never very good in history, but having lived through the period in
question I have to conclude that you have fabricated this story about
your uncle out of whole cloth. Unless my memory fails me, which is
possible, there was a considerable interval of years between the time
combat ceased in Korea, and the time combat started in "Nam", how do you
get "two combat tours of duty back to back, first in Korea and then in
Nam" out of that?

Regards,

John Byrns

Old June 13th 08, 12:04 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Brian Hill wrote:

Well the cats out of the bag now in regurds to how soldiers are treated so
I'd bet it'll be quite a bit harder in the future to enlist any decent
recruits.

I thought "decent recruits" were fading fast -- the military is now
accepting way lower test scores and those with criminal records. How can
they go any lower when they are already scraping the bottom of the barrel?
Old June 13th 08, 12:31 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"John Byrns" wrote in message
In article , "Brian Hill" wrote:

"John Byrns" wrote in message
[...]

Yes there was a big interval between those two wars but he was stationed
there after the war during the 60s. He even helped in setting up some
orphanages there after the war as well as other things. My point was he
served our military from Korea to Vietnam. I didn't mean he was continually
in combat.

BH

Old June 13th 08, 12:34 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"John Byrns" wrote in message
In article , "Brian Hill" wrote:

"John Byrns" wrote in message
[...]

I am sure 'back to back' was used figuratively. My uncle served in combat in
WWII, Korea and Viet Nam. Not 'back to back' but close enough.

Old June 13th 08, 12:48 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"TerryJ" wrote in message

I was never very good in history, but having lived through the period in
question I have to conclude that you have fabricated this story about
your uncle out of whole cloth. Unless my memory fails me, which is
possible, there was a considerable interval of years between the time
combat ceased in Korea, and the time combat started in "Nam", how do you
get "two combat tours of duty back to back, first in Korea and then in
Nam" out of that?

Regards,

John Byrns

I am sure 'back to back' was used figuratively. My uncle served in combat
in WWII, Korea and Viet Nam. Not 'back to back' but close enough.

Yep thats all I meant. And lets not forget, soldiers don't just fight, they
end up doing all kinds of things before, durring and after wars.

BH

Old June 13th 08, 01:03 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"Brian Hill" wrote in message ...

Yep thats all I meant. And lets not forget, soldiers don't just fight,
they end up doing all kinds of things before, durring and after wars.

BH

We still take occasional casualties here. There's a camp on the DMZ named
after an officer that was killed up there by an ax-weilding N. Korean.

Do these still have problems? U-Know-Who CB 1 February 1st 06 12:24 AM
ILG problems AV Shortwave 3 December 1st 03 08:24 PM
DX-398 FM Problems Evan Hanson Shortwave 3 September 21st 03 03:04 PM
DX-440 problems [email protected] Shortwave 8 September 17th 03 02:04 AM
RF Problems David Carrick Antenna 0 July 31st 03 02:39 AM