Old June 9th 08, 10:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Default Eye problems

Is anyone still waiting for a scan of a schematic or manual that I
haven't posted? I have been unable to see out of my right eye since
Friday afternoon. of course that was my good eye. If there is anyone
still waiting for something, please let me know now. The VA still
wasn't set an appointment with the ophthalmologist, but my primary care
physician is very worried about this. If this is permanent, I won't be
able to spend much time online. I can barely see with my left eye, and
typing is almost impossible.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Sporadic E is the Earth's aluminum foil beanie for the 'global warming'
sheep.

Old June 10th 08, 06:37 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"Omer S" wrote in message
m...
Dude,

Go to urgent care now, and have your eye checked!

Omer

I'm with Omer... don't delay on something this important. I hope that it's
nothing permanent, and that you are better soon.

Old June 10th 08, 07:27 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Omer S wrote:

Dude,

Go to urgent care now, and have your eye checked!

It's an hour away, and I am trying to find a ride. I can't see well
enough to make it there in one piece. There is a pretty good storm
right now, and my left eye doesn't recover very fast after a lightning
flash. I don't want to be driving on a slick Interstate highway and
completely blind at 70 MPH.

Old June 11th 08, 07:01 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Brenda Ann wrote:

"Omer S" wrote in message
m...
Dude,

Go to urgent care now, and have your eye checked!

Omer

I'm with Omer... don't delay on something this important. I hope that it's
nothing permanent, and that you are better soon.

Thank you. I will try again in the morning for a no show seat on the
VA hospital shuttle.

Old June 11th 08, 08:00 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Jim Menning wrote:

Lots of people around here have no insurance or money, and still get taken care of at
the local hospital or clinic. Why are you even messing with the VA?

Because if the local hospital or clinic finds out you are eligible to
get care "else where" that's where they "send" you. Just ask any of the
thousands of VETs who were promised many benefits that are impossible to
get - or so difficult most give up trying.

I'm fortunate enough to have private insurance - because we have to
travel over a hundred miles *each way* to the closest VET facility - and
the waiting list for even a simple appointment runs roughly six months.
I know a man that was on a list for a serious problem - they finally
called to tell him his appointment date - 18 MONTHS after he died - and
the appointment date? - just short of three months.

Sometimes the cost of serving one's country comes later than one
anticipates...
--
randy guttery

A Tender Tale - a page dedicated to those Ships and Crews
so vital to the United States Silent Service:
http://tendertale.com
Old June 11th 08, 10:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Jim Menning wrote:

For emergency care?

Only life threatening emergency care - otherwise if you are "stable" and
not life threatening - out you go (unless, of course you can afford to
pay their "cash" price *up front*). Sherry and I are both covered by
blue Cross - both recently had surgery - two different hospitals. They
"estimated" what they thought would be the amount *after insurance*
(co-pays, deductibles, etc.) and required that BEFORE we were admitted
the day of surgery. And yes - by the time I got into surgery - I was in
a life threatening condition...

just my .02

Old June 11th 08, 10:54 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 16:24:20 -0500, Randy or Sherry Guttery
wrote:

Jim Menning wrote:

For emergency care?

Only life threatening emergency care - otherwise if you are "stable" and
not life threatening - out you go (unless, of course you can afford to
pay their "cash" price *up front*). Sherry and I are both covered by
blue Cross - both recently had surgery - two different hospitals. They
"estimated" what they thought would be the amount *after insurance*
(co-pays, deductibles, etc.) and required that BEFORE we were admitted
the day of surgery. And yes - by the time I got into surgery - I was in
a life threatening condition...

just my .02

If you want my take on this, it is life-threating in Michael's case.
If he is suffering from a brain injury (very likely) such as a stroke,
other other similar problem the end result would be unplesant to say
the least.

Anytime one looses sight in one eye, a call to 911 is the immediate
thing to do. There are drugs that can minimize the injury to the
brain.

Old June 12th 08, 03:03 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Michael!

Tell the *******s at the local hospital that you think you are have a
stroke!

I might get you in to urgent care.

Omer

Old June 12th 08, 03:36 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Brenda Ann wrote:

"Omer S" wrote in message
m...
Dude,

Go to urgent care now, and have your eye checked!

Omer

I'm with Omer... don't delay on something this important. I hope that it's
nothing permanent, and that you are better soon.

Thank you. I will try again in the morning for a no show seat on the
VA hospital shuttle.

Lots of people around here have no insurance or money, and still get taken care of at
the local hospital or clinic.

I'm not an illegal alien, woman or child, so they just tell me "We
can't help you. Go way, right now!" Even minimal VA coverage is
considered 'insured', but by a non member, so the only way to be
admitted is for a heart attack or major accident. As soon as you are
stable enough, you will be transferred to the closest VA facility,
whether they can provide the proper care, or not. Not all hospitals take
care of all types of problems. Some go to Tampa, some to Gainesville or
LAke City, and others have to be transported out of state. You may even
be shuttled from one VA hospital to another, till they find a bed for
you.

Why are you even messing with the VA?

What other choice do I have? If I could afford to use anyone else, I
would already be. No one gives a **** about Veterans needs, but they
love to tell lots of lies about what they'll do if we're stupid enough
to elect them. Even the nurse at the VA clinic tried to dismiss the
problem by telling me, "Just go to Walgreen's and buy some eye drops."

You all need to remember this with the promise of 'National Health
Care'. They can't even get it right for a couple percent of the US
population so you can well imagination just how FUBAR it will be when
applied to everyone. For instance: I have used a Blood Glucose meter
for over four years. I am on my third different VA supplied meter so
far, and I got my first "Sharps container' delivered by UPS today.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Sporadic E is the Earth's aluminum foil beanie for the 'global warming'
sheep.

Do these still have problems? U-Know-Who CB 1 February 1st 06 01:24 AM
ILG problems AV Shortwave 3 December 1st 03 09:24 PM
DX-398 FM Problems Evan Hanson Shortwave 3 September 21st 03 03:04 PM
DX-440 problems [email protected] Shortwave 8 September 17th 03 02:04 AM
RF Problems David Carrick Antenna 0 July 31st 03 02:39 AM