Old August 22nd 09, 09:43 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Default Shortwave Sound - sound1.mp3 (0/1)

Can anyone identify what this is? I have been hearing it ever since I
started with shortwave radio in the late 1960's. It occurs in various
portions of the utility HF spectrum. I have tried to decode w/o
sucess.

ISH

PS Sorry this is not a photo and could be OT
Old August 23rd 09, 10:17 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

In message , Dave Foreman
writes
On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 17:03:04 -0500, philo wrote:

Sjouke Burry wrote:
wrote:
Can anyone identify what this is? I have been hearing it ever since I
started with shortwave radio in the late 1960's. It occurs in various
portions of the utility HF spectrum. I have tried to decode w/o
sucess.

ISH

PS Sorry this is not a photo and could be OT
Sounds and looks like slowscan tv.
Maybe security camera's?

On the antique group I opined that I *thought*
it was radio jamming (lot of that during the cold war)...as I can
recall hearing that back in the 60's
probably before there was SSTV

It's does not sound like RTTY but the the only thing else I could think
of would be facsimile ...just grasping at straws though

Kind of sounds like FAX.

I would call it digital data (which could be almost anything). It sounds
not unlike amateur DRM (usually SSTV). These days, there is a lot of
high-speed commercial and military data, and relatively few RTTY and
similar transmissions.

Somewhere on the internet, there are several websites which let you hear
and identify many various of 'funny noises' you hear on SW.
Unfortunately, although I know I did bookmark them, I can't instantly
find them at the moment. A bit of Googling is required.
--
Ian

Old August 23rd 09, 11:46 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

In message , Ian Jackson
writes

Sjouke Burry wrote:
wrote:
[...]