RadioBanter

-   Radio Photos (https://www.radiobanter.com/radio-photos/)
-   -   Need a few BNC chassis mounts (https://www.radiobanter.com/radio-photos/150811-need-few-bnc-chassis-mounts.html)

Pete Bertini April 10th 10 06:46 PM

Need a few BNC chassis mounts

1 Attachment(s)
Right and wrong examples shown in photo. Threaded shaft needs to
be a tad longer than normal to fit thicker panel. HP 8552B IF deck.

Pete

Sjouke Burry[_2_] April 10th 10 07:08 PM

Pete Bertini wrote:
Right and wrong examples shown in photo. Threaded shaft needs to
be a tad longer than normal to fit thicker panel. HP 8552B IF deck.

Pete

We solved that by buying a ?tap?(not sure about the english name)
and thread the hole.

Pete Bertini April 10th 10 07:11 PM

"Sjouke Burry" wrote in message
Pete Bertini wrote:
Right and wrong examples shown in photo. Threaded shaft needs to
be a tad longer than normal to fit thicker panel. HP 8552B IF deck.

Pete

We solved that by buying a ?tap?(not sure about the english name)
and thread the hole.

But this is going into a hole that was already drilled for the
part.

Bill M[_5_] April 11th 10 12:57 AM

Pete Bertini wrote:
Right and wrong examples shown in photo. Threaded shaft needs to
be a tad longer than normal to fit thicker panel. HP 8552B IF deck.

Pete

We solved that by buying a ?tap?(not sure about the english name)
and thread the hole.

But this is going into a hole that was already drilled for the
part.

Pete, I have some that *might* work. Hard to tell exactly. These have
a 10mm long threaded portion.

-Bill

Pete Bertini April 12th 10 02:35 AM

Pete Bertini wrote:
Right and wrong examples shown in photo. Threaded shaft needs to
be a tad longer than normal to fit thicker panel. HP 8552B IF deck.

Pete

We solved that by buying a ?tap?(not sure about the english name)
and thread the hole.

But this is going into a hole that was already drilled for the
part.

Pete, I have some that *might* work. Hard to tell exactly. These have a
10mm long threaded portion.

-Bill

Hi Bill

Regular style has about 7 threads, mine has 11, plus there is a shouldered
area between the panel stop and first thread that is probably equal to
the area that would be used by another four threads.

Pete

Spam Hater April 12th 10 02:43 AM

On 2010-04-10 10:46:53 -0700, "Pete Bertini" said:

Right and wrong examples shown in photo. Threaded shaft needs to
be a tad longer than normal to fit thicker panel. HP 8552B IF deck

Pete, see the drawing I posted today under heading BNC Connector.
Amphenol part number 112429, there's a distributor with stock in
California. Mouser quoting 10-week leadtime. About $3.