Old July 25th 10, 05:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Default Need help identifying radio

I think the radio is an RCA but I can't positively identify it. The only
identification it has is an RCA label on the chassis with the serial number
648157 and a list of patent numbers. No model number. The cabinet is a mess
but everything else looks good on preliminary examination.

Thanks,
Jon
Old July 26th 10, 12:30 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Jonny Astro wrote:
They definitely look related. The pointer on the dial looks exactly the
same. The band indicating lights on the dial look the same. The slots on the
bottom are very close and the sticker on the chassis is very similiar. The
Clinton is minus a tone knob and power transformer. The layout of the tubes
is different too.
I wonder if there is reference showing who RCA made radios for.

Doesn't look like any RCA model that I'm familiar with. Patent tags of
that era almost always say RCA/Westinghouse/Hazeltine because that's who
held the patents. I don't think RCA made radios for anyone else.

The Clinton referred to is probably a 'Plant A' set. Plant A was an
anonymous manufacturer in Chicago who made private label brands for
department stores, etc. The only indication is the small print on an
orange patent label that says "Plant A - Chicago".

Anything like that on your label?

-Bill

Old July 26th 10, 11:42 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Factory F. That's a new one for me. Sounds like another independent
manufacturer.

-Bill
Old July 27th 10, 03:40 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

See additional picture of the chassis:
Thanks.
Jon

Bill M wrote:

Jonny Astro wrote:
[...]

Help with Identifying This Little Rig Dane Allen Boatanchors 1 March 9th 09 05:55 AM
Need Help Identifying... [email protected] Boatanchors 3 October 14th 08 07:18 PM
Identifying CW Key none Equipment 2 May 20th 08 07:25 PM
Identifying RFI noise Aaron Kreider Shortwave 6 January 18th 08 12:54 PM
Identifying a KWM-2 Bob Rinaldi Boatanchors 0 December 3rd 03 01:44 PM