Old November 14th 10, 12:45 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Default Fisher FM-1000 tube layout

As referecned in RAR+P

Old November 14th 10, 03:13 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"Buck Frobisher" wrote in message
As referecned in RAR+P

Oooohhh.. If I were back home, I would wish I had one of these... but here
it would do no good at all, just let me hear more signals from the same 5
stations..

Old November 15th 10, 07:39 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
ajb ajb is offline

On 14/11/2010 03:13, Brenda Ann wrote:

"Buck Frobisher" wrote in message
As referecned in RAR+P

Oooohhh.. If I were back home, I would wish I had one of these... but
here it would do no good at all, just let me hear more signals from the
same 5 stations..

Over in England, Fenton audio made one rather similar. Only difference I
remember was the front end was all Nuvisters, instead of a double triode
at the input, and slightly different AFC ("Microtune") using two valves,
and I think valve HT rectifier.

It sounded superb but cost an arm and a leg, all hand-crafted.

Don't suppose many were sold.

Thanks for sharing this one.

--
Just because I'm paranoid, that doesn't mean they're not out to get me...