Old February 10th 09, 08:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Default pictures of my Fisher FM-1000 2 of 2 messages

Here's the rest.

I've always wondered why they built the vented area up higher than the wood
case. The only reason I can imagine is to make the grill more sturdy and
less likely to bend.

Old February 10th 09, 11:19 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"Buck Frobisher" wrote in message
Here's the rest.

I've always wondered why they built the vented area up higher than the
wood case. The only reason I can imagine is to make the grill more sturdy
and less likely to bend.

Looking good, hope it sounds as good as it looks!

Maybe the vent was higher to stop owners putting things on top, causing
things to overheat?

Brian, MW0GKX.

Highfields Amateur Radio Club: http://highfields-arc.co.uk

No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant-free message.
However, a significant number of electrons have been inconvenienced.

Old February 11th 09, 01:00 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"Buck Frobisher" wrote in message
Here's the rest.

I've always wondered why they built the vented area up higher than the wood case.
The only reason I can imagine is to make the grill more sturdy and less likely to
bend.

I've never seen one of those with that taller screen. Perhaps it's an aftermarket
one?

"For the guys who have the largest of Fishers integrated amps and tuner, a cabinet is
avaialble, the one shown has a larger screen opening to have the transformer and the
after market tall tubes fit with no problem. Normally made in a high grade walnut
veneer, it can be ordered with your choice of veneers, front wood trim and screen
size: normal for standard NOS tubes, large for tall after market tubes."

http://mcintoshcabinets.com/pages/fisher.htm

Note the one pictured actually has the normal screen, not the raised one that the
description talks of.

Old February 11th 09, 09:44 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

" wrote in message

[...]

Naw, you'd have to see it up close to realize that it's the real McCoy.
The grill's been with the tuner as long as I've owned it, which is over 25
years,
and the guy that owned it lived up in the Far North (really), and bought it
all mail-order Back In The Day from some big New York Fisher dealer.

As to Brian's comment, believe it or not, I have never plugged it in, ever.
Not once. I suppose I could, but IIRC there is some selenium device in
there, and with my luck it would go "poof" before my eyes.

No, I leave that for the next buyer. It goes "on the block" very soon.

Old February 11th 09, 10:26 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

" wrote in message

[...]

Again I've never seen an FM-1000 with a raised screen like yours. Even the service
manual shows the standard recessed screen.

http://www.mcmlv.org/Archive/HiFi/FisherFM1000.pdf

Attached Thumbnails
pictures of my Fisher FM-1000  2 of 2 messages-fm1000.jpg

Old February 12th 09, 09:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

I actually think the raised screen is a good idea. Prevents people from
piling stuff on top of the cabinet and interfering with ventilation. My 400
and 800-B both have the normal flat screens.

Phil Nelson

Old February 12th 09, 11:44 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"Buck Frobisher" wrote in message
No, I leave that for the next buyer. It goes "on the block" very soon.

You going to post it in rar+p first?

Old February 13th 09, 04:11 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message

"Buck Frobisher" wrote in message
No, I leave that for the next buyer. It goes "on the block" very soon.

You going to post it in rar+p first?

Hadn't thought of it. Not sure why I would...? I've never seen anything
like a high-end audio tuner listed there.

Old February 13th 09, 04:43 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Buck Frobisher wrote:
"Brenda Ann" wrote in message
"Buck Frobisher" wrote in message
No, I leave that for the next buyer. It goes "on the block" very soon.

You going to post it in rar+p first?

Hadn't thought of it. Not sure why I would...? I've never seen anything
like a high-end audio tuner listed there.

Just don't make a habit of it
There's lots of 'crossover' audio guys watching rar+p. Ya never know.
The ad could get lost in the clutter on some of the audio venues.

-Bill
Old February 13th 09, 05:25 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"Bill M" wrote in message
Buck Frobisher wrote:
"Brenda Ann" wrote in message
"Buck Frobisher" wrote in message
No, I leave that for the next buyer. It goes "on the block" very soon.
You going to post it in rar+p first?

Hadn't thought of it. Not sure why I would...? I've never seen anything
like a high-end audio tuner listed there.

Just don't make a habit of it
There's lots of 'crossover' audio guys watching rar+p. Ya never know. The
ad could get lost in the clutter on some of the audio venues.

-Bill

Well, OK, if you folks insist...

Now to figure out what to ask. There haven't been any on ebay in ages, the
only one I can even remember had a BIN of $2500 and didn't sell, IIRC.

Mine is pretty well perfect. I finally actually hooked it up, and it plays
beautifully. I suppose that's why I'm dragging my feet, I've had it all
this time (30 years, I think) and have NEVER used it until yesterday. Man,
is it nice...

pictures of my Fisher FM-1000 1 of 2 messgaes Buck Frobisher Radio Photos 0 February 10th 09 08:51 PM
Fisher 500 - 1 JP Radio Photos 0 January 11th 09 07:16 AM
Question - Google Says : There are no more messages on this topic. All messages in this topic may have expired or been deleted. Nobody[_3_] Shortwave 0 September 23rd 07 01:23 AM
Question - Google Says : There are no more messages on this topic. All messages in this topic may have expired or been deleted. Roadie Shortwave 1 September 22nd 07 07:12 PM
Question - Google Says : There are no more messages on this topic. All messages in this topic may have expired or been deleted. Tom Shortwave 0 September 22nd 07 03:24 PM