Old June 27th 11, 01:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Default Latest project: Philco 89

The underside of the Philco 89, after I've had my fun with it. The radio
plays superbly, and has better sound than most of the early superhets I've
worked on. IF frequency is 260KC.. so selectivity should be pretty good..
but that's not a big issue here... I'm kind of surprised that I don't have
any problem at all with images, especially with my "local" on 1620. You
would think that there would be images all over the place.

I've got a Model 20 coming with a 160KC IF.. now THAT should be interesting.

Old June 29th 11, 03:03 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message
news
The underside of the Philco 89, after I've had my fun with it. The radio
plays superbly, and has better sound than most of the early superhets I've
worked on. IF frequency is 260KC.. so selectivity should be pretty good..
but that's not a big issue here... I'm kind of surprised that I don't have
any problem at all with images, especially with my "local" on 1620. You
would think that there would be images all over the place.

I've got a Model 20 coming with a 160KC IF.. now THAT should be interesting.

I see that you have replaced caps with ODs, did you re-stuff the
electrolytics or didn't do them yet?

My latest homebrew project.... Kenneth Scharf Homebrew 6 April 24th 11 01:04 PM
Cdn Philco 366 Bill M[_5_] Radio Photos 0 April 10th 10 01:10 AM
Philco 501 NotMe Radio Photos 5 November 27th 08 08:38 PM
Anybody know what this is? A Philco? Buck Frobisher Radio Photos 9 January 28th 08 03:43 PM
Latest project Bob Liesenfeld Homebrew 2 July 8th 04 04:31 AM