Old December 11th 06, 07:43 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Default wireless re-transmit available?

I have a bearcat 800xlt that I hook up to an external antenna and it works
fine. I'm trying to figure out a way to be able to move the scanner to a
different location (in a house) without having to "hard wire" or to add
additional antenna wire. Is there such a thing as a receiver/transmitter
that I could connect to the existing antenna - that would "forward" the
signal to my scanner no matter where I am in the house??

I'm probably just dreaming - but I thought I'd check it out.

John

Old December 11th 06, 08:33 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

why don't you just add a walkman or Ipod FM transmitter ( broadcasts the
audio of the scanner thru an FM radio ) and carry a cheap
FM radio around the house with you.

Old December 13th 06, 01:01 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 21:54:28 GMT, "John" wrote:

great idea - I'll check it out

Thanks

Check this out:

http://www.ccrane.com/radios/fm-tran...ansmitter.aspx

Brian
Brian J. Rueger "Who dares wins"
Capt.(Ret)/Paramedic Hampton, VA.
B.S.Comm/I/Pilot MSgt, USAF (Ret.) 49199
Check out my personal home page: http://members.cox.net/brueger
Check out my photography: http://www.usefilm.com/member/skypilot
"Life's too short to drink LITE beer!"