Old February 7th 07, 12:38 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Default Yupiteru Scanners ?

Hi,

Just curious if anyone would like to discuss a bit on Yupiteru radios and
scanners.

Who are they ? I Googled them, and found many sites, mostly old, that sell
some handhelds of theirs.

But couldn't find the company web site itself.

Are they still in business ?

How do they compare to RS and Uniden, e.g. ?

Do they offer Trunking capable units ?

Only scanners, or other types of radios also ?

etc. ?

Bob

Old February 7th 07, 05:56 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

On Tue, 6 Feb 2007 19:38:44 -0500, "Robert11"
wrote:

Hi,

Just curious if anyone would like to discuss a bit on Yupiteru radios and
scanners.

Who are they ? I Googled them, and found many sites, mostly old, that sell
some handhelds of theirs.

But couldn't find the company web site itself.

Are they still in business ?

How do they compare to RS and Uniden, e.g. ?

Do they offer Trunking capable units ?

Only scanners, or other types of radios also ?

etc. ?

Bob

Yupiteru makes great scanners, but you won't find them in North
America. They have refused to make the mods to produce an FCC type
accepted USA version of any product. In my experience, they beat the
living daylights out of RS and Uniden. At least my 9000 does. (I was
living in a country where you didn't have to have blocked off bands,
and unmodifiable receivers). I also own an unblocked ICF-8500 with the
high precision oscillator, also bought when I living in a country
where such a beast is legal to own.

They do indeed have a web site... www.yupiteru.co.jp

but unless you can read Japanese, it isn't very useful
Old February 7th 07, 02:59 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

matt weber wrote in
:

Yupiteru makes great scanners, but you won't find them in North
America. They have refused to make the mods to produce an FCC type
accepted USA version of any product. In my experience, they beat the
living daylights out of RS and Uniden. At least my 9000 does. (I was
living in a country where you didn't have to have blocked off bands,
and unmodifiable receivers). I also own an unblocked ICF-8500 with the
high precision oscillator, also bought when I living in a country
where such a beast is legal to own.

They do indeed have a web site... www.yupiteru.co.jp

but unless you can read Japanese, it isn't very useful

They used to be readily available mail-order from Canada and the UK. I
just don't know if they still are, or how easy it is to import them any
more. I have sold off several Icom's but I won't let go of my Yupi 7100...
Old February 7th 07, 09:17 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

"Robert11" wrote in
:

Hi,

Just curious if anyone would like to discuss a bit on Yupiteru radios
and scanners.

Who are they ? I Googled them, and found many sites, mostly old, that
sell some handhelds of theirs.

But couldn't find the company web site itself.

Are they still in business ?

How do they compare to RS and Uniden, e.g. ?

Do they offer Trunking capable units ?

Only scanners, or other types of radios also ?

etc. ?

Bob

Yupi's are great receivers, on a par with AOR, Alinco, Icom and other high
end scanners.
The down side is that [In the USA at least] if you need customer service,
repair or parts, you are pretty much on your own.

Old February 8th 07, 06:27 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

In article ,
SamSez wrote:
matt weber wrote in
:

Yupiteru makes great scanners, but you won't find them in North
America. They have refused to make the mods to produce an FCC type
accepted USA version of any product. In my experience, they beat the
living daylights out of RS and Uniden. At least my 9000 does. (I was
living in a country where you didn't have to have blocked off bands,
and unmodifiable receivers). I also own an unblocked ICF-8500 with the
high precision oscillator, also bought when I living in a country
where such a beast is legal to own.

They do indeed have a web site... www.yupiteru.co.jp

but unless you can read Japanese, it isn't very useful

They used to be readily available mail-order from Canada and the UK. I
just don't know if they still are, or how easy it is to import them any
more. I have sold off several Icom's but I won't let go of my Yupi 7100...

Javiation still lists the MVT-7100 and 9000 in their stock list.
http://www.javiation.co.uk