Old March 16th 07, 08:31 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Default Thinking about the Pro-94 scanner. In Austin. Others?

Hello, I would like to get a scanner to listen to police, EMS, etc.
here in Austin Texas.

I currently have a BC350A (bought in 2004), but I cannot seem to get
nearly as many channels as my previous BC250D scanner would get.

What I'm curious about is if I would have the same problems with the
Radio Shack Pro-94 scanner.

The frequency list that it supports seems to be very broken up and
missing a lot of frequencies. Would this be a problem for Austin
scanning??

Are there any non-Digital channels that I should still be able to pick
up in Austin?

Any other scanner you would recommend around the $100, $150 range?

Do I need an APCO-25 system to do any good? I'm mainly interested in
police/EMS frequencies.

Thanks!

Old March 16th 07, 10:08 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

I just got the Pro 97 from radio shack on sale for 149.99. Great
scanner and highly recommended by all the sites i visited including
radioreference.com. 1000 channel triple trunking comes in handy
also

check sales for this scanner. It is in my opinion the best non
digital scanner radio shack sells.

Posted with NewsLeecher v3.9 Beta 1
------------------- ----- ---- -- -

Old March 23rd 07, 05:24 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

On Mar 16, 5:08 pm, NewsLeecher User ) wrote:
I just got the Pro 97 from radio shack on sale for 149.99. Great
scanner and highly recommended by all the sites i visited including
radioreference.com. 1000 channel triple trunking comes in handy
also

check sales for this scanner. It is in my opinion the best non
digital scanner radio shack sells.

Posted with NewsLeecher v3.9 Beta 1
Web @http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

i have it now! New, $70 on ebay. What are some good freqs for
Austin? Most of the lists online that I've seen are very old or
difficult to understand.

What are some freqs that you could recommend for Travis County/Austin
Police and EMS?

Are these "trunked" if so, do I need to put them in my scanner a
special way?

Thx from the newbie.
i o n a t e @ h o t m a i l DOT c o m