Old March 28th 07, 06:00 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Default Good antenna for Uniden BR330T?

I have a Uniden BR330T. I have the stock antenna, the Radio Shack
20-283 800MHZ Antenna, and the Radio Shack 20-034 Deluxe Antenna for
Handheld Scanner. They all seem to give the same reception. Tons of
working channels no not seem to be picking up, including local
prisons. The weird part is, I don't know in this case if it's just the
prison, but when I am down the street, from the prison, I can pick
them up if the squelch is like 2 but it's like they are extremly far
away but yet I can pick up an even further prison that comes in even
clearer. How can that be?

Is there some other better mobile antenna for the Uniden BR330T? I
don't really want to get the 20-006 Center-Loaded Telescoping Whip
Antenna because it's a monster to carry around especially if you
carry a mobile scanner in your coat pocket. Tons of frequencies will
not pick up unless the squelch is down to 2. If it's 0 or 1, every
channel just starts coming through.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Old April 16th 07, 11:06 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

I use the DIAMOND-RH771 Antenna on my receivers and it pulls in a lot
of signals and the only drawback its 30cm in height.

Regards Lino.

Uniden BR330T dropped then picks up better? RedPenguin Scanner 2 March 13th 07 02:24 PM
Good Atenna for the Uniden BR330T. RedPenguin Scanner 1 February 28th 07 08:20 PM
Uniden BR330T keith Scanner 0 February 3rd 06 11:40 AM
Uniden BR330T Fred Scanner 0 January 25th 06 11:40 PM
UNIDEN PC 78XL ANY GOOD WHAT RADIO HAS REAL GOOD AUDIO Marty B. CB 3 September 7th 04 08:37 PM